On November 9th, 2021, St. Gabriel Communications, 88.5 mhz, Adel, IA, filed an application with the Federal Communications Commission for authority to construct a new noncommercial educational FM broadcast station to operate on 89.9 mhz, at Mason City, IA. Members of the public wishing to view this application or obtain information about how to file comments and petitions on the application can visit https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/views/public/nceDraftCopy?displayType=html&appKey=25076f917ce2e04b017d002e8c140a22&id=25076f917ce2e04b017d002e8c140a22&goBack=N#sect-chanFacility

On November 9th, 2021, St. Gabriel Communications, 88.5 FM, Adel, IA, filed an application with the Federal Communications Commission for authority to construct a new noncommercial educational FM broadcast station to operate on 89.9 FM, at Spencer, IA. Members of the public wishing to view this application or obtain information about how to file comments and petitions on the application can visit https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/views/public/nceDraftCopy?displayType=html&appKey=25076f917ce2e04b017ce708493e0cfb&id=25076f917ce2e04b017ce708493e0cfb&goBack=N
Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Founded October 1, 2010


Charcoal grill fire investigated at Willowbrook Mall



This news story was published on June 29, 2014.
Advertise on NIT Subscribe to NIT

MASON CITY – A fire inside a charcoal grill behind the Willowbrook Mall was cause for concern briefly Sunday in Mason City.

Mason City Firefighters were busy with another fire when an emergency call was made Sunday, saying that a male had used a lot of charcoal fuel to ignite a fire in a grill behind Willowbrook Mall.

High flames and closeness to the building were the concerns of the caller. Mutual aid was asked for from Clear Lake to check on the fire.

At the scene, as a Mason City police officer showed up to investigate, a grill could be seen, but only a little smoke was rising from the charcoal; the fire appeared to have been doused. Later, police reported that subjects were grilling out and there was no fire.

Assistance from the Clear Lake Fire Department was cancelled.

MC Police check out Grill Fire behind Willowbrook Mall

MC Police check out Grill Fire behind Willowbrook Mall

The grill, charcoal, accelerant and MC Police

The grill, charcoal, accelerant and MC Police

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 characters available

9 Responses to Charcoal grill fire investigated at Willowbrook Mall

  1. maybe Reply Report comment

    June 30, 2014 at 9:04 am

    Later last night someone sprayed lighter fluid on the south side of willowbrook and started it on fire, the fire department was so busy with NICA that clear lake had to be called in.

  2. North Iowa Rider Reply Report comment

    June 30, 2014 at 9:01 am

    It is a BRICK building for christ’s sakes………

  3. Iowa Sucks Reply Report comment

    June 29, 2014 at 7:01 pm

    Don’t grills traditionally have fire in them?

    • Faye Reply Report comment

      June 30, 2014 at 7:01 am

      They are not usually left two inches from a building, under an overhang and then left unattended after pouring a container of fuel on them.

      • LVS Reply Report comment

        June 30, 2014 at 8:48 am

        @Faye-It is hard to defend against stupid and anyone who would light a charcoal grill that close to a grill is pretty stupid. Of course the idiot SUCKS is so brain dead from all the ILLEGAL drugs he is just as STUPID.

        • CharlieChin Reply Report comment

          June 30, 2014 at 9:00 am

          Iowa,…I think our fellow colleague meant to say instead of “anyone who would light a charcoal grill that close to a grill” is anyone who would light a charcoal grill that close to a building. LOL. All in a days work for ol’ Charlie.

          • LVS

            June 30, 2014 at 10:27 am

            @Charlie-Thanks for the correction. It is good to know you are paying attention. It does no good to try to tell SUCKS anything at this time of day. His brain is still fried from last night.

      • Carmen Reply Report comment

        June 30, 2014 at 1:53 pm

        In other words……. this was a dangerous situation brought on by a person who loves fire…….