Mason City firefighters rescue pet, douse fire

This news story was published on May 19, 2013.

Normally a white and light tan hue, now a smokey gray, but saved.jpg Normally a white and light tan hue, now a smokey gray, but saved.jpg

Normally a white and light tan hue, now a smokey gray, but saved from smoke.

by Jody Spear –

MASON CITY – At 12:50 pm Saturday afternoon, the Mason City Fire Department responded to a fire at 708 North Tyler Avenue.

There were reports of flames that was said to have started in the kitchen. The resident had vacated, but returned to the house to rescue her dog.

On the scene, the house was filled with smoke and being ventilated. A firefighter had found the dog and returned it to it’s owner.

“You survived the fire,” said the owner, to her dog, through tear-filled eyes.

The dog came out a smokey gray, but the neighbor said, “She is usually white and light tan.”

“This is my third fire,” said the resident of the house, in disbelief.

The fire was said to have started in the fan of the stove.

The Fire Marshall, Alliant Energy and Red Cross were called and the Mason City Police Department were on the scene to assist.  The house is owned by Raymond and Mary Blanchard of Manly,Iowa.

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

12 Responses to Mason City firefighters rescue pet, douse fire

1. SAM Reply Report comment

May 22, 2013 at 7:40 am

YOU ALL HAVE TO PAT THE FIREMAN ON THE BACK, AFTERALL THEY SAVED THE BASEMENT

2. LVS Reply Report comment

May 19, 2013 at 3:35 pm

She either needs to learn to cook or quit smoking pot so she will remeber to turn off the stove. You would think they just might put in a sprinkler system to help her out.

• just saying Reply Report comment

May 19, 2013 at 6:23 pm

@LVS – What is wrong with you, that you always have to cut people down? If you don’t have anything good to say about someone, don’t say anything at all. As I have said before, you’re a pathetic old man who builds himself up by belittling others. And all you use is innuendos. You never validate them with facts. Even being a cripple in a wheel chair doesn’t mean you can play god.

• seriously? Reply Report comment

May 19, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Every person I’ve seen in a wheel chair who gets to use cannabis first cries because well…you figure it out. If LVS is in a chair we can only hope he sees the light one day.

• LVS Reply Report comment

May 20, 2013 at 8:07 am

@seriously-don’t use pot and never have. My opinions are my own and if you don’t like them don’t read it. You holier than thou people turn my stomach. You need to get real. You know nothing but think you are so smart. Cry me a river and save your pity for someone else. The only ones I go after are the ones who attack me first. Someone so dumb as to try to burn down her house three times needs help not pity.

May 20, 2013 at 8:25 am

You need help.

• LVS Reply Report comment

May 20, 2013 at 8:38 am

@Anonymous-And here you are, my favorite TROLL who likes to sneak around and snipe at me with her unsolicited comments. Yet, you are still behind and below me just where it is intended excreatment should be.

May 20, 2013 at 9:22 am

Professional help.

• LVS Reply Report comment

May 20, 2013 at 9:46 am

@Anonymous-you are so CUTE. Dumb, but CUTE.

• Concerned Citizen Reply Report comment

May 21, 2013 at 12:04 am

@LVS-You need to get a life. I think you enjoy people slamming you. Stop being so negative. I don’t think I have ever seen a positive post on here from you. You need help so please get some. I actually feel sorry for you. So sad…So sad.

3. Hillari Henkel Reply Report comment

May 19, 2013 at 3:01 pm

How many does this make? 3 or is it 4?

4. Photos Reply Report comment