Founded in 2010

News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

MCFD: House fire started by unattended burner

Mason City – June 11, 2011 – The Mason City Fire Department responded to a house fire at 1121 2nd Street NW on Saturday June 9th.  Fire was reported to 911 by the 16 year old son of the resident Steven Bombella, after escaping the fire through a bedroom window.  Mr. Bombella and his wife were not at home when the fire occurred.

See related story here.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and performed a search of the residence where the family’s two dogs were safely removed from the structure.  The fire was mostly confined to the kitchen which sustained significant fire damage.  The entire first floor also sustained heat and smoke damage.  The home is owned by Joanne Sberal.  Firefighters were on scene approximately two hours.  Red Cross was contacted to assist the residents.

After investigation, damage to the structure was consistent with the origin being combustibles on or near the stove that were ignited by an unattended burner.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Even more news:

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthroughWebDesign.com

Copyright 2022 – Internet Marketing Pros. of Iowa, Inc.
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x