This news story was published on March 25, 2014.

CLEAR LAKE – Who says an illicit drug can’t be delicious? Clear Lake police, however, left a bad taste for a woman arrested on her birthday for possession of a designer drug flavored like a fruit candy.

Fireberry bar available in Colorado... but illegal in Iowa (http://www.denverrelief.com)

Fireberry bar available in Colorado… but illegal in Iowa
(http://www.denverrelief.com)

Clear Lake police said Tuesday that officers stopped a speeding vehicle on Interstate 35 on March 23. During the arrest, the passenger in the car, 20-year-old Emily A. Keeler of Illinois, was arrested for the illegal possession of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The drug was an ingredient in raspberry jelly candies, police said, and purchased in Colorado.

Tetrahydrocannabinol is the principal psychoactive constituent (or cannabinoid) of the cannabis plant, which is illegal in Iowa even if purchased legally in other states.

March 23 was Keeler’s 20th birthday, but police arrested her and took her to jail, and booked her, anyway.

Keeler posted $1,000 bond and was released Monday, pending an April 2 court date.

Emily Keeler SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Emily Keeler
SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

27 Responses to Woman arrested on birthday for illicit drug possession: THC-infused raspberry jelly candies

1. Dick Rahlf Reply Report comment

March 26, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Why are my legitimate posts being deleted?I take the time an effort to share and you delete it.

2. sad but true Reply Report comment

March 26, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Blisterpak, I hate to tell you, but law enforcement sole purpose in our area is to raise money for the state. They protect nobody, they serve nobody, you work to serve them, great wages, benefits, Ipers, etc. You best understand that first

3. Blisterpak Reply Report comment

March 26, 2014 at 11:56 am

To Peter,

They stopped her for speeding moron. And, probably noticed she was high… They have a right if someone seems impaired. I sure as hell don’twant anymore drunk or impaired drivers on the highways and by-ways.. Law Enforcement is here to protect and serve… just because u are off the beam doesn’t change that fact……

• Philosophus Reply Report comment

March 26, 2014 at 12:17 pm

You know how many loud tailpipe trucks, cars and motorcycles speed off on this four way stop racing towards I-35 on a given day? Don’t give me your weak excuses moron. They prey on people who are easy picks. They protect and leave alone gruff guys they know will give them attitude. Yes, it is a form of cowardice, when there are plenty of illegal vehicles to choose from. Out of state plates, young pretty girl…and the cop probably got hard.

• LVS Reply Report comment

March 26, 2014 at 3:07 pm

The Harley’s are coming for you SOON fool.

4. Bro Science Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 3:26 pm

How would the police know the candies had THC in them? Something is missing here.

• Philosophus Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 3:33 pm

They know because they undoubtedly have their panties in a bunch researching all the different THC products coming out of Colorado so they can prey on people. They really are a bunch of schmucks. I can imagine their special “seminars” they attend. What creeps, and the people who empower them are even creepier.

• Matt Marquardt Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 3:41 pm

I’m guessing the product packaging.

5. Philosophus Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 3:20 pm

So now that I know what the substance is I can honestly say it’s disgusting what the Clear Lake police did to this young woman. What a bunch of stalking creeps! They profile a young woman and look for a reason to pull her over, probably to demonstrate their “authority”. It was just a bonus when they realized that she didn’t realize her rights, and could have declined to let them search her car. What punks. I’m sorry, but the Clear Lake Cops are a bunch of punks for this one.

• Philosophus Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 3:22 pm

They’re too punk coward to pull over Harley guys with illegal exhausts, or other guys with loud aggressive trucks, and they prey on a small 20 year old girl. I just heard some moron tearing out with his exhaust as I write this. Where are the cops? Despicable, and cowards. You hear me Copper? You’re a friggin COWARD. And I’ll tell that to your face.

• Buzz Crumcutter Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 3:43 pm

No you won’t and you know it. That’s why you spew your dribble here because you don’t have the guts to say it to their faces. If you want a ride to the CLPD, let me know and I’ll come pick you up in a few minutes when I’m done at the library. I will gladly haul your little butt just in hopes that I get to watch the police taser you. Let me know when you’re ready!!!

• Philosophus Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Buzz unlike most other citizens, I know my rights, and I know due process and probable cause. They need probable cause to interfere in my life, and if they pull me over without probable cause, they’ll hear it from my face. Even if they pull me over with probable cause (although that’s unlikely since I obey the laws), I’ll ask them why they are bothering me with a trivial offense while letting loud illegal exhausts go unticketed. You can bet on it. And I have my own ride Buzzard.

• Philosophus

March 25, 2014 at 4:04 pm

And Buzz I’m sick of your schpeel. I’m calling you out as a coward. All you do is pester me. Get in that loud ugly truck of yours, pull in front of my house and I’ll step outside to talk with you. If you don’t have the balls to do that…leave me alone on NIT.

• LVS Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 4:59 pm

@Buzz-there is no way he will say that to the cops face. They would put him down in a heartbeat for a lot less than that. He would find out first hand how it feels to be tased for interference. He is just being keyboard brave again.

• Philosophus

March 25, 2014 at 5:20 pm

That goes for U2 cowboy.

• LVS

March 25, 2014 at 6:30 pm

I am still waiting on you to show up from the last time you threatened me on here and said you were coming right over to put me in my place. I even had the door open waiting for you but like the gutless wonder you are you never showed up. You are just a keyboard tough guy so admit it and shut up.

• 00 Buck

March 25, 2014 at 6:57 pm

LVS@ Your house is being watched. If he tried he would never make it amigo.

• Philosophus

March 25, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Here’s what I’m going to say to you rednecks. I’m not scared of any of you– NONE. You make the move. And I’ll finish it.

• Buzz Crumcutter

March 25, 2014 at 8:20 pm

LVS…We both know he talks out of his ass and can’t finish anything he starts, so there is nothing to worry about. He talks smart and tough like he does when he’s all amped up on his Red Krill Oil.

He’s like a third grader cranked up on Mountain Dew.

• LVS

March 26, 2014 at 9:37 am

@Buzz-You are right. He is just a cupcake.

6. Bro Science Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Miley Cyrus can get high all over town yet we “scarlet letter” our young women. Just pathetic and wrong.

7. Tonsafun Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Toobad soo sad honey!

8. LVS Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 10:00 am

What is the deal with these young people? Were they not taught the meaning of the word ILLEGAL in school? A girl this young will carry that charge for the rest of her life. How stupid can you get, and there is no way to justify this stupidity.

9. Philosophus Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 7:39 am

So what’s the deal NIT? You too ashamed to print that the offense was for marijuana? Is it easier to foment despise by using the generic buzz word “drugs”?

Police criminalize another citizen for a lifestyle choice / experimentation phase.

Rather than just accepting that humans are curious, the system makes criminals out of them. Business is steady as usual for the pigs who have assumed control of this world, while the sheep are asleep at the television set behind the church pews.

• Matt Marquardt Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 10:24 am

The information on what kind of drug – other than it is an illegal substance – wasn’t disclosed.

• Philosophus Reply Report comment

March 25, 2014 at 12:05 pm

I thought I should mention it in the remote chance that you were trying to obfuscate marijuana versus methamphetamine…which of course would elicit a different set of sympathies from the public.

I don’t use drugs other than occasionally I have a beer and I’ve been known to rarely roll a cigarette and smoke it, and I don’t even use marijuana, although I would consider it if it were legal. I support a new approach to the issue of “drugs” and criminalizing people isn’t it.