The incident occurred at about 12:50 p.m. at 547 9th Street SE. Authorities were still on the scene at 1:15 conducting an investigation into the cause.
Fire personnel could not divulge any information, as the investigation was just underway, but bystanders and neighbors said that a family of five lived in the home with a large dog. They said everyone made it out safely. They also said the cause was lint in or near a dryer.
Online records show the house is owned by Bill and Keri Retterath.
More information as it becomes available.