Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the North Iowa Region

Obama – Biden “selfie” posted

This news story was published on April 17, 2014.

NIT – Is it embarrassing, or does it show how cool and “with it” a President is when he takes “selfies” with his pals?

A selfie is a type of self-portrait photograph, typically taken with a hand-held digital camera or camera phone. They are often casual, and are typically taken either with a camera held at arm’s length or in a mirror.

The White House posted the following picture Wednesday of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, titled “Pals”.  What is your opinion?

A "selfie" photo posted by the White House titled "Pals" ... embarrassing, or cool and hip?

A “selfie” photo posted by the White House titled “Pals” … embarrassing, or cool and hip?

18 Responses to Obama – Biden “selfie” posted

Allen Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 2:28 pm

They’re smiling because they just screwed all the legal tax paying Americans, again.

Annie Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Yep smile and take your tax $$$$. Fool me once, fool me twice….but…..
    Disclosure: they didn’t fool me once.

Philosophus Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Just think of the wonderful wars we’d be in if McCain or Romney would have won. 4 fronts? You aught be thankful.

Annie Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Sorry Peter, but I’m not Republican nor a left leaning Democrat. I think for myself and an Independent.

maybe Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 1:07 pm

There you go again peter, talking out of your a$$.

Philosophus Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I get it Maybe. You soldiers are ready to sacrifice your lives at a moments notice. But why not admit you’re thankful when some stupid warmongering son of a bitch is prevented from needlessly calling on your willingness to spin the barrel and pull the trigger? Is that part of the oath? Stay quiet and never let them see you sweat?

Philosophus

April 17, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Sorry “cylinder”, not barrel.

maybe

April 17, 2014 at 3:22 pm

We all took an oath to defend the constitution from ALL enemies foreign or domestic. Oddly enough for some soldiers the oath they took to love honor and obey till death do us part isn’t as strong an oath as the one they took to join the military. A veteran can be 90 years old and if war started here on our land they would honor that oath. If I was given an order to take my own life I would NOT obey that order but I would go down fighting.

Just My Opinion Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 10:29 am

Love it! Nothing wrong with our president and vice president being human. They’re not gods, you know.

50 MILES SOUTH Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 9:40 am

DAMMIT!!! Philo beat me to it. all I see is teeth.

LVS Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 8:51 am

Real Presidential. Just what is to be expected from the most unprofessional president we have ever had.

• Iowaviking5

Iowaviking5 Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 11:25 am

LVS-Hate to say it but like it or not we are living in the technical revolution. This picture is targeted to the millennia’s (14-35 age group). This age group communicates with facebook, instagram and snapchat and this picture speaks volume to this age group. To you and I it may seem unprofessional but to the younger generation it is not only hip but it is the normal way to get your message across and communicate.

sk Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 8:44 am

Zero problem with it at all.

maybe Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 6:25 am

puppets

Philosophus Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 5:53 am

Damn nice teeth, but they shouldn’t do things like this.

I researched it Reply Report comment

April 17, 2014 at 3:03 am

Earlier this month David Ortiz of the Red Sox took a selfie with the President under the pretense of being a spur of the moment photo op. What Obama or the The White House Pres Secretary didn’t know was that Ortiz had signed a contract with Samsung (the makers of the phone used to take the photo) to be their “MLB Social Media Insider” and that the pic was an advertisement for a private company.

This is most likely them making light of the situation. It’s too “perfect” to be…