Legal pot sales booming in Colorado as stores open

This news story was published on January 2, 2014.

hemp marijuanaDENVER – Marijuana for recreational use is now on sale in Colorado, and swarms of people made their way to about 40 newly-opened stores there offering cannabis to the general public. Only a general ID is needed to make the buy.

According to the Denver Post, people “cheerfully” stood in lines for hours to buy legal marijuana starting on Wednesday. The New York Times reported that people were coming from all over the country to make purchases.

CNN reported that one man bought about an eighth of an ounce of pot at a price of $59.50.

“Hundreds of tourists and residents … eagerly took part in the country’s first-ever sales of state-regulated recreational marijuana,” CNN said Thursday.

One person told NIT that the lines were “long” in Denver, but everyone was orderly and no major problems were being reported as people waited.

“It’s kind of weird that you can buy pot now,” the person said, “I guess it’s a sign of the times.”

The Denver Post reported that Colorado state law allows state residents to buy up to an ounce of marijuana and out-of-state residents a quarter-ounce.

The sale of marijuana is still illegal under federal law.

Opponents of the legalized selling of marijuana have said that drug addiction problems will escalate.

150 Responses to Legal pot sales booming in Colorado as stores open

Allen Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 4:27 pm

My first experience with marijuana. I was drafted in 69 and spent my basic and AIT at Fort Polk, Louisiana, birthplace of the infantry soldier for Vietnam. After graduation I was sent overseas and eventually put in charge of a nine man rifle team. One of our missions were night patrols or night ambushes, of which we did a lot of. How many bloggers on here can say they’ve had the opportunity to do either. One morning after an all night ambush setup, I was checking each ambush position, (which I did after every night ambush mission,) to see how everyone was. While going from position to position, I could smell something burning, of which I knew was marijuana. When I came to the position that I sensed was using it, I asked what what going on. The tow guys looked at me and said, nothing, it had been along night and that they were ready to go in. After I told them what I thought had been going on, they confessed and asked me not to report them. Now I had a decision to make, so I told them I would let them know. I had known these nine guys for what seemed like forever and we all got along and worked good together. I decided to talk to them individually and see why they needed to smoke pot. They both told me that they didn’t do it during the night, but only in the morning. It eased the stress of being in the dark in a hole not being able to move or make a noise, fear. I could understand that feeling. Some people are stronger mentally then others but the draft didn’t discriminate. To make this long story short, I didn’t report them, and after our tour, we all made it home, OK physically. I believe if marijuana can help people with mental, emotional, physical problems, it should be made available to them. You can nit pick this story all you want, but unless you were there, it doesn’t really matter.

Iowa Sucks Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 11:42 am

What’s even more of shame that medical marijuana is not legal is the fact hemp is illegal. It’s the only complete plant protein source on the planet as well as produces the strongest fiber for textiles.

A hemp seed diet can illuminate the need for animal meat products and all the hormones that go along with it. A hemp seed diet can save millions of lives worldwide and out farmers can make ethanol easier and cheaper with more valuable by-products. Can you believe the worlds most valuable plant to mankind is illegal in Iowa?

Those who are against hemp are against the human race, period. It’s one more reason Iowa sucks.

January 9, 2014 at 12:03 pm

It is easy to make statements like you did but not so easy to prove it. Are you making up story’s to get attention again? I know children who do that.

Philosophus Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I have a bottle of Hemp Oil in the refrigerator I use for Vegan Cooking. Quite tasty. I like it. Bought it from Hy Vee.

maybe Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I have no doubt that it is good for you, God made all plants for good but satan turns them around for bad. I believe you and sucks that it can be used for good but most people don’t use it for that. I understand that pot can deaden pain, for those that are in a lot of pain, I am in pain constantly. Jesus turned water into wine, it isn’t the wine or alcohol or pot that is bad, it is the overuse of the product that is bad.

Dana Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 2:27 pm

How does “satan” turn hemp around for bad?

January 9, 2014 at 3:09 pm

@Dana-he already told you. Overuse is the problem. Driving high. Not going to work because you are high. There are lots of things the devil can twist if you believe in that sort of thing. We used to grow hemp in our fields during the 2nd world war. It was used to make ropes for ships. It grew wild here for a long time and it is one of the reasons they used to burn off the ditches. It was pretty mild stuff but a lot of kids used to smoke it in corncob pipes.

Markus

January 9, 2014 at 3:33 pm

1. She’s not asking for you uniformed opinion

2. What is overuse of hemp? Eating too much of it?

3. Hemp doesn’t get you high like marijuana. It’s a cousin of marijuana without active THC.

You have nothing to do but feed your internet addiction here and hurt this site with your nonsense turbo posting ways.

Iowa Sucks

January 9, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Ya, where did you get the idea that hemp gets you high like “marijuana”? Your ignorance is consistent.

January 9, 2014 at 6:12 pm

@Markus and SUCKS-you two are so full of crap it is coming out of your ears. You just make up story’s to fit your needs. Everyone on here knows SUCKS is just a liar. He lies about everything

January 9, 2014 at 10:06 am

Some of you are wrong. They will eventually legalize pot in iowa once they find out how businesses are blooming from it. Watch and learn and suck it up. Just wait til bookmeyer realises how colorado business is blooming and he will be right on top of it. Watch and learn

maybe Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 10:12 am

If they legalize pot here then that’s fine I will live and let live but I will not change my mind about it and I will not do it and I will still try to talk people out of doing it but it all comes down to 1 thing, personal choice. Your smug attitude isn’t going to change my mind either.

Philosophus Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 10:15 am

How quickly the fascist turns the worm. Isn’t that neat? When it’s illegal, fascists are perfectly capable of allowing someone to get locked up for 25 years in prison…but when it’s inevitable to become legal: “If they legalize pot here then that’s fine I will live and let live but I will not change my mind about it and I will not do it and I will still try to talk people out of doing it but it all comes down to 1 thing, personal choice. “

I think all those who wanted to keep it illegal should be rounded up in a public arena and have rotten fruit thrown at them once a month for the rest of their lives.

maybe Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 10:24 am

Why are you calling me a facist when I believe different than you. Now I know that you are not peter because at least peter was civil and not a computer bully. I believe that it should be illegal for ALL time but if the polititions in their finite wisdom think it should be legal then there is nothing I can do about it but vote against them in the next election, until then asswipe it is illegal.

Philosophus

January 9, 2014 at 10:41 am

Why am I calling you a fascist? Oh I guess it must have been somewhere around the time when you were complicit with letting someone get locked up for the rest of their lives and their property confiscated for growing a PLANT! Does that ring a bell?

It’s not fun losing political dominance is it? When public opinion begins to turn. A lot of Nazis tried to jump ship right before the Allied forces were upon them, but some got marked for life.

Look, I’m not trying to deliberately be this harsh on you or anyone else…but I am trying to illustrate a point as to how swift and easy it is for people to turn their opinions and just act like “oh well it was no big deal…I guess pot is legal now.” The same types of strange transitional feelings I’m sure occurred when slavery became outlawed. It takes people time to sort out their feelings and adjust to the new reality. The same for when prohibition occurred, and then ended.

I guess what’s sad and continues to be sad, is that we have to go through these growing pains as a civilization. I wish people would just get it figured out earlier, so the amount of suffering and misery that occurred as a result of bad policy would be diminished.

Just think of all the people throughout the last 80 years who have been prosecuted, imprisoned, and killed for this senseless and immoral prohibition.

It makes me sad.

maybe

January 9, 2014 at 10:47 am

I am not jumping ship, it is illegal and if they make it legal I will vote against them and try to make it illegal again. If they make it legal I will not judge you for doing it but I will ask you to stop, talking to a brick wall I know, but I will ask anyway but I will NEVER do it myself. You call me a fascist because I do not believe the way you do, that means I am human and I have a brain and I use my brain, going along with the crowd because that’s what they are doing is being a coward.

January 9, 2014 at 11:50 am

@maybe-that is why they are called “SHEEPLE”. They can’t think for themselves and will follow their leader even if he jumps off a cliff.

Watchdog Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 8:18 am

MY TWO CENTS: (sorry it is so long) you will get it when you read to the end.

After reading all the blogs on here I would like to share my experience and thoughts on the Drug War, Pot, and the nonsense I read in these blogs.

First, my personal experience with pot and other drugs:

My introduction to pot was in Viet Nam. I chose not to partake because I wanted a clear head. I was scared to death anyway and the last thing I needed was more confusion. The fellows that I saw using it appeared to be managing their fear by using the pot.

My next experience wasn’t until 16 years later when I found my son’s pot pipe under his mattress. I decided right then and there to find out what this pot was all about for me before disciplining my son or going off half-cocked. So, I went and found me a source to get all the pot I wanted. I started smoking pot (discretely). My wife had no idea until I told her later. I smoked it 3 times a week for six weeks. I wore my sunglasses and used my Visine Eye Drops to hide it. I went to family functions high on it, had sex with my wife on it, and would stay to myself at times. I was a full time college student at the time and didn’t have a job to worry about.

After six weeks of smoking pot, I picked up my 5 year old daughter at the baby sitter and she asked me for some McDonald French Fries and a Burger. We headed to the old McDonalds on South Federal. Here is where things went awfully wrong… Instead of stopping at McDonalds I spaced out and found myself 3 miles south of Mason City on highway 65. I came back to reality with my 5 year daughter pulling on my shirt sleeve saying, “Daddy where are you going, where are you going?” A fear came over me like no other I had ever felt.

I pulled over on the shoulder and sat for a few minutes getting my bearings I felt like crying I was so ashamed of myself, I had to choke the tears back and be a Dad. I now understood what this wonderful Marijuana would do for me, this was Wednesday and I had not smoked any pot since Saturday.

I have never put that shit in my body again. I could have killed my daughter and somebody else that day.

I talked to my son till I was blue in the face and he never did stop using pot. To this day he smokes pot. He is 50 years old and also a meth head. My son totally ruined his life. He is penniless, lives on the streets a lot, and can’t hold a job. I put him through treatment 3 times, spent a fortune on mental health treatment, all to no avail.

Fortunately my other 3 children never did drugs. They all told me what they seen happen to their brother and what it put them through was such a miserable experience that they would never consider using the shit.

Now for the Drug War:

I knew by the early 90’s that we were chasing our tail thinking we could stop people from using and selling drugs. The penalty for using and selling drugs were a joke and still are. My experience participating in Drug Treatment Programs didn’t do a thing to help anyone. Drug treatment programs are a huge waste of money that focus on “feelings” instead of “reality.” The only people treatment ever helped were those that wanted to quit the shit anyway.

The Blogs:

Reading your opinions, reinforces for me that society has accepted a different set of boundaries for themselves then the ones we wanted back in the 50s. Boundaries today are established using “feelings”. It is what it is. I get it! The Psychiatrists have managed to bring their new age therapy to the masses, “No Shame, No Guilt, and No Fear”.

My opinion:

Pot is a gateway drug for people that are going to have emotional problems anyway. Unfortunately, we are always going to have a ready supply of people who don’t have their head screwed on right for one reason or another. People use Drugs and Alcohol to self-medicate. I don’t believe any substance is the correct alternative for emotional problems.

Misery is the most effective way to get people to change their negative behavior. Problem is, when people use drugs to overcome misery they head into the abyss and misery no longer works to change behavior. What I am saying here is I don’t have a solution one way or another for our Drug problem.

I really don’t care one way or another if they legalize pot or any other drug. The money saved from fighting the drug war will be spent some other way dealing with the effects of drugs.

Reading the blogs I believe people’s opinions are all over the place and struggling for an answer just like the rest of us.

On A SIDE NOTE: Peter/Philosophus, I know you and quite well. You don’t know me. I know your family and think highly of them. I watched you ride that bike of yours all over town, using and selling your dope. I knew you had other issues and self-medicated using drugs. You are one of the lucky ones. You can advocate all you want for Cannabis but while you were lucky, just remember my son you sold that shit to wasn’t so lucky!

Jason Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 8:35 am

You’re hardly an authority on the subject. That was just YOUR experience. In your uneducated mind you think that should be everyone’s experience? Some people get sick off booze, should everyone be judged by his experience? Just because YOU can’t handle your pot doesn’t mean everyone can’t! If you can’t handle pot, don’t use it, but don’t pretend to think everyone is as spacey as you. You have weak low IQ mind is all. You’re no Steve Jobs. Others have driven for 25 years high everyday with a perfect driving record. In your mind you think because of your experience why then everyone must be like you. Your nuts a weak sauce.

maybe Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 8:41 am

I am getting so tired of this. if someone doesn’t believe what you believe you insult them and belittle them. That’s where bullies come from, instead of saying you are so frikken stupid why don’t you say we agree to disagree. I have called people stupid on here not because they disagree with me but because their opinions are the total opposite of common sense.

January 9, 2014 at 8:55 am

@maybe-I know just what you mean. It so damn frustrating to see so many ignorant people posting on here. It is really pitaful.

Lucy J Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 8:43 am

Wasn’t even worse two cents. You talked a lot and didn’t say anything. You have a factory worker level of intelligence. It’s very clear you’re uneducated. A typical mason city person.

Philosophus Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 10:53 am

A well written and informative personal exposition….but you’re wrong about me being who you think I am. I have never sold marijuana to anyone in my life, and I don’t ride a bike all over town. I know who you think I am though, and he is about 20 years older than I am.

Joe Reply Report comment

January 8, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I don’t believe pot should be legal as it is not good for you and stunts development of our young people. They will all think it is “ok” for you since it is now legal in Colorado BUT it is not good for you and can easily led to abuse, as well as other drug use. It should remain illegal. MUST keep it away from our kids and young adults!

maybe Reply Report comment

January 8, 2014 at 10:47 pm

The people that want it legal have already been stunted if you know what I mean.

Jason Reply Report comment

January 8, 2014 at 11:28 pm

No, I don’t know what you mean maybe. You should be ashamed of helping to keep medical marijuana from your war comrades. Thousands of vets say it helps them with post traumatic stress disorder, not to mention physical injuries. You ought to be strung up for that. Shameful.

maybe Reply Report comment

January 9, 2014 at 12:02 am

When I lived in arizona back in the 80’s and 90’s I had a friend that smoked pot every day. Over the years I saw what it did to him, going from just pot to pot and heroin. You can say all you want to me but I saw how he was just before he died and there is nothing you can say to me that will change my mind about pot.

Jason

January 9, 2014 at 5:01 am

Well, I guess because your friend did heroin, everyone who uses medical marijuana should be put in jail, right? Do you even listen to yourself and how ridiculous you sound. I’m convinced you received brain damage as part of your war injuries.

maybe

January 9, 2014 at 7:24 am

attack me all you want, ,try to make me look like you but it won’t hurt. My friend told me just before he died, pot ruined his life. Maybe it’s already too late for you, I hope not.

Joe

January 9, 2014 at 8:39 am

Your friend was just blaming pot. Because ONE person told you that EVERYONE must pay? Your brain got injured over there. Therefore I’m done with you. Your handicapped. It’s why you spend all day on here. A nutcase.

maybe

January 9, 2014 at 8:52 am

It is funny how people can be bullies when they are hiding behind a computer then in front of them they are so nice. My experiences with pot is not just 1 friend, I have had many friends smoke pot a lot and all of them have said the same thing, and some of them have had perfect driving records only because they got lucky. A female friend picked up her daughter at the daycare high on pot, drove 25 miles home, drove perfect, the speed limit even past a cop and nothing happened but when she got home she wondered how she got there and who picked up her daughter, she remembered nothing. She also smoked it every night with her husband and because of it they decided to try other things like inviting someone else into their bedroom. No I wasn’t the other person but she said she would never have done anything like that if it wasn’t for pot. Now her daughter gets stoned every day and she is divorced and hasn’t touched pot in years but always regrets doing it. I have many friends that regret it all for different reasons and none of them ever got caught. You can try to back me out as some mental case because I was hurt in war but all that does is make people feel sorry for me and want to take you apart, you end up looking the fool not me. You can choose to smoke pot all you want but don’t make me out the nutcase if I want to help you by saying stop.

Philosophus

January 14, 2014 at 7:37 am

@maybe: Your friend saying pot ruined his life [insert alcohol]…there are probably a hundred thousand who tell that same story sitting around AA meetings.

My war is against hypocrisy and illogical thinking. If you want to ban all intoxicants or any substance that remotely alters human physiology you would have to ban coffee, tobacco, alcohol, even food alters your chemistry depending if you eat a banana or a candy bar…and no more Red Bull energy drinks either.

Water also takes on different forms depending on its source and whether it was purified or not, and in what manner.

It’s a losing argument. Like I said, it’s better for Government’s to take on an educational and advisory capacity, not an enforcer prohibition one.

Also, another reason why Iowans probably don’t want to legalize marijuana is they are scared that it will reveal all the abuse and mental repression that has been inflicted upon them, as marijuana can be a therapeutic agent for psychological insight…but you have to be prepared to face the truth, which can be really horrific and scary for some.

maybe

January 14, 2014 at 7:52 am

It is my belief that Iowans or anybody that want to legalize pot want to because they want for numb themselves from their problems, the new alcohol. I think that you are completely wrong as is everybody else so I guess the only thing I can say is that we agree to disagree.

Philosophus Reply Report comment

January 8, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Joe, all your points can be applied to alcohol and tobacco. Are you prepared to make these illegal to keep your logic intact?

Glen Reply Report comment

January 8, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Can you provide any proof Joe, or is this just your dumb biased opinion?

That’s what I thought.

Rahmbo Reply Report comment

January 6, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Spirit Airlines offers cheap fares to Colorado to cash in on marijuana tourism.

Ad:

Iowa Sucks Reply Report comment

January 5, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Asking Kevin Pals what he thinks about cannabis is like asking whalers if we should hunt the whales.

Given the obvious bias, why does the Globe always print his opinion. The majority in the US disagree now. Kevin Pals opinion is about as relevant as the Reefer Madness movie.

Nicole Reply Report comment

January 5, 2014 at 8:19 pm

When all is said and done and the truth finally comes out, we need to hunt down the Kevin Pals of this country and try them as the war criminals they are like we did the Nazis. People like this are the worst kind of human beings. They’d rather watch people die of cancer in a horrible manner just for a paycheck, for overtime. It’s just sickening and repulsive.

maybe Reply Report comment

January 5, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Do you even know him personally or have you come to a conclusion based off others opinion?

anonymouse Reply Report comment

January 5, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Pals has made his view of “marijuana” well known in the media. He was wrong then and even more wrong now. He’s a law enforcement shill. Wants to get paid at other peoples expense. Kevin and cops like him are addicted to drug war money.

maybe

January 5, 2014 at 10:09 pm

either that or pot is illegal so he will do whatever it takes to fight the drug war.

L.G.

January 5, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Ya, the 45 year war with no end. Drugs are cheaper and more plentiful then ever. It’s doing a lot of good isn’t it? Drug dealers and cops are on the same side. Both are addicted to drug money. This war can never be won. We can’t even keep drugs out of prison let alone a whole country. This war isn’t helping anyone except criminals, cops, jailers, lawyers, judges and prisons. It’s throwing good money after bad and we all lose. Cigs kill more people than all drugs combined. If they were illegal all the same people above would benefit. It’s a sick war and when cannabis is legal you need to be strung up in the bell tower.

Philosophus

January 6, 2014 at 7:32 pm

The bloggers L.G. and Iowa Sucks are correct. This drug war needs to end. Legalization is the only answer. There is no justification or basis for regulating what adults put into their own bodies.

maybe

January 6, 2014 at 7:38 pm

so lets just make robbery and murder legal too, that way it will all stop.

Philosophus

January 6, 2014 at 7:54 pm

@maybe: You still don’t understand the basis for why I say legalization is necessary do you? Obviously murder or robbery involve victims…meaning other people are adversely affected by the action…thereby justifiably designating them as crimes. If someone is murdered…there life is taken away. That is the most egregious of all crimes, since death is permanent and un-revokable. If someone is robbed, someone is taking their possessions…their belongings away from them unjustifiably. These are crimes. But if someone is sitting in their home doing a line of cocaine, or smoking a joint…where is the victim?

This is really quite basic, but I’m willing to be patient with people until they begin to understand. I’ll go slow. I’m certain that people are going to begin to understand my philosophy on justice, crime and punishment.

We have all winter long…

maybe

January 6, 2014 at 9:44 pm

You are so blinded thinking that taking drugs is a victimless crime, what about the person that was robbed and beaten or killed for money to buy those drugs. What about the person that was killed in a car accident because he was hit head on by someone that was stoned. One day I hope to see you out on the street stoned and then we will talk.

kid dynomite

January 7, 2014 at 5:06 am

That would be more of a result of drug prohibition. If cigs were illegal you’d see some violence to acquire them. No sir, it is YOU that is blind!

maybe

January 7, 2014 at 8:04 am

some of you people out there are so stupid it’s unbelieveable.

badpontiac Reply Report comment

January 5, 2014 at 8:48 am

Once the public servants get the weed tax code figured out and tax it to death it will be legal in all states and Bengazi.

tom darrell Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 7:29 pm

THREATS after THREATS…It is one thing to have a difference of opinion, and yes discuss to the point of bantering to a degree, but hell Matt you have a couple people here on your page that are out right threatening people(LVS), and aggresively insulting people THROUGHOUT all your post.. I sure do hope that NIT is keeping record and log of all these threats because NIT assumes a degree of liabilty for these people, much like bar owners having liabilty for the drunken cutomers…Concerning this hidden mystery man LVS and his threats to me, and alluding to bringing a Big Country to Colorado, it has been duly noted, and duly reported..Now Eye could give one turd less if either one of you are Law Enforcement, it just supports my earlier comment concerning some Iowa LE.. That COMMENT must of woke the sleeping giant up, whatever his real name is..A tin badge on ones chest or clipped to that big old huge belt, does not elevate one beyond the law they are hired by us people to uphold..Yes you got that right, you are employees of the people, you are paid with taxpayers, which in turn put you in proper place as a “PUBLIC SERVANT’ so act like one, or go earn your money through a private sector if any of you are in fact LE..I with THE KNOWLEDGE I WILL BE bullied will one more time state it loudly, Eye am not at all impressed with the law enforcement in Iowa that I have had interaction with to date..No doubt there surly are good officers/agents in the state of Iowa like everywhere has real bad officers also…Now in Colorado it is legal to flip a officer off if there is no intent of threatening them, and you can even tell them to F off in the state of Colorado as long as you are not presenting the endearment as a assualting threat,…So to you threatning folks just go have relations with yourself, since it appears you do not play well with menatly balanced people…Have a good day..

tom darrell Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 7:40 pm

In our hometown paper and surrounding towns, the only way you can post a comment to a article is by registering with you name before any of your post are accepted (you can use a screen name, but your actuale name is on record..You will find the asperity in the comments and post will cease or slow down if one is liable to be held accountable for illegal threats..Freedom of speech does not include even passive aggresive threatening..CYBER BULLYING is big money these day’s

white noise Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 9:54 pm

LVS is a paid subscriber on NIT.

L.G. Reply Report comment

January 5, 2014 at 4:02 am

That gives him the right to threaten people?

January 5, 2014 at 8:34 am

@L.G.That gives me the right to defend myself from non payers.

January 5, 2014 at 10:29 am

Look who is talking. You are just a gang banger who doesn’t dare come back to Iowa because the LAW here pill put you back in jail where you belong. You don’t pay to post on here so screw you criminal.

L.G. Reply Report comment

January 5, 2014 at 11:57 am

^Another violation of NIT rules?

January 5, 2014 at 1:53 pm

You are a violation of the rules just by existing. When are you going to pay like the rest of us?

Philosophus Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 7:43 am

I like to see all wars ending, and these magnificent images depict one coming to a close. Makes my heart warm inside. People’s freewill being exercised without fear of oppression and bullyism.

Iowa Sucks Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 1:38 am

Kevin Pals brought in a paid speaker from Colorado to teach is Iowans all about pot. Kevin Pals says he wants us to know what law enforcement already does and then go vote accordingly. Kevin says pot causes brain damage in everyone who uses and is responsible for at least 85,000 deaths a year in the US. Kevin knows because he brought in a speaker whose paid money to tell us those things and he use to teach DARE. Kevin Pals is a pot expert. He wants us to know it is a dangerous drug and will kill 1 out of every 3 users. I’d trust Kevin Pals before some stupid nationally known medical expert. Did the doctors ever teach DARE? Well, Kevin has and that makes him smart. He knows that law enforcement relies on federal drug war money and that money depends on telling people the truth about how pot kills a million people over ten years time. Kevin is not in it for drug war money though, he just wants to make sure we all know the truth and Kevin knows the truth! His department needs drug war money so his deputies can get decent overtime pay.

So there!

Al Gore Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 6:11 am

Guys like Kevin Pals are on their way out, trust me.

Everyday the internet makes it more difficult to shade the truth.

January 5, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Kevin will be re-elected in a landslide if he runs again. Guaranteed.

maybe Reply Report comment

January 5, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Hey sucks, how would you know about Pals since you don’t even live here?

January 7, 2014 at 8:47 am

@maybe-yeh, and he wants to lease a bus to go to Colorado to buy drugs. Why does he need a bus to go where he supposedly lives? As I have said before, he just makes crap up. He lives in his parents house right here in Mason City and is a liar.

revraygreen (@revraygreen) Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 1:32 am

here is the video from the day…

GreenMountainLEGAL-The Day FREEDOM WON(pt.3) the buy

revraygreen (@revraygreen) Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 1:30 am

I was in Pueblo on 1/1/14….it was the most peaceful uplifting 3.5 hour wait in line…..among peaceful, respectful adults ages 35-70+…50%+ from out of state….I moved to Colorado last summer to witness FREEDOM…

maybe Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Not sure how true this is, if it is they might recall this new law.

I researched it Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 1:23 am

Not true. At all. Please try to research before posting outlandish and utterly false stories. I spent 3 seconds doing a simple google search and the story was the first result. This is how rumors and gossip pass as fact.

L.G. Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 1:48 am

You maybe are a certifiable retard. Hang it up. If you didn’t know that story was a onion type joke,a parody then you need to step back from your keyboard and shut your computer off! Dumbest guy online since LVS. How old are you? 85? What a moron!

maybe Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 9:42 am

I said IF this story is true. You people are all looking for a fight, you all just skim over posting so fast then you jump all over it. I saw it was a joke thats why I said if, to get people to think, apparently that part escaped you.

January 4, 2014 at 9:58 am

@maybe-Do you really think people with fried brains can think? As far as fighting, they are all real tough while hiding behind a keyboard but would run like hell if they saw you in person. Just a bunch of spineless cowards that hide and attack by misdirection on everything they disagree with.

bodacious

January 4, 2014 at 10:04 am

Sounds like you are describing yourself eLViS

January 4, 2014 at 10:08 am

Nothing wrong with my brain train driver. If you want to start with me get started.

BCN

January 4, 2014 at 10:24 am

@ bodacious, you nailed that one right on head.

LVS’s persistent moralizing makes me think that he has never been able to assimilate and accept the humane ideals, civilized aims, and social aspirations of others.

When LVS says that his morals enhance mankind, that’s just a load of spucatum tauri.

The whole thrust of LVS’s litanies bothers me.

LVS is the type of person who can look you right in the eye and, with an expression of the utmost sincerity, tell you any kind of whopper that suits his purpose.
            The really sad part is he that believes all of the bovine fecal matter that spews from his mouth.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid once and awhile, but LVS, you abuse the privilege.

January 4, 2014 at 10:57 am

@BCN-and all this from a gutless, spineless coward that has nothing to do but troll around sniping at his betters. You need help chicken S###. Put your name and address on here so I can meet you in person you coward.

Philosophus

January 4, 2014 at 11:21 am

Isn’t GRUDGE MATCH in theaters right now? How about y”all meet at the theatre instead, pick a character before you go in– Robert Deniro, or Stallone and then whoever picked the winning character after the movie gets to be the winner of the real life grudge match. Flip a coin if you don’t both agree on who gets Deniro or Stallone.

And then, if you still haven’t resolved your differences and a real life GRUDGE MATCH still exists…put up a chain link fence ring in the Salvation Army gymnasium and have at it. Or put the chain link fence ring in the middle of the YMCA pool if you are both geriatric.

January 4, 2014 at 11:34 am

@Philly-thanks for your suggestions. But I have a better idea. Just put the real name and address on here and I will take care of it myself. Sick and tired of these computer punks spouting off.

maybe

January 4, 2014 at 11:40 am

I know some of these computer bullies need to be slapped around some but sometimes being the bigger man is much better. Spouting off on here is all they have because if they did it in real life they wouldn’t survive, I may react some but I would give them the dignity of leaving them alone in real life, don’t want them to pee their pants.

Philosophus

January 4, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Yeah but in today’s world, being big and mean doesn’t mean much. Most big guys are gentle giants because they want to defy the stereotype, and are awkwardly uncomfortable in their own skin. No one wants to stand out as a freak. But there do exist a few big guys who use their big scariness to intimidate. I remember this one kid in elementary school…he must have been held back a few years…Patton his name was. School yard bully. But when he got to me, I charmed him, and he backed off. But he put the scare in many a kid.

maybe

January 4, 2014 at 12:10 pm

I am not a big guy, only 5’9″ and I wouldn’t put a scare in anybody that didn’t know me, that is untill they got to know me. I have had years of training but the one thing that I learned was if you can do it, you don’t have to proove it, just play it cool. Like you said, be a gentle person.

BCN

January 4, 2014 at 12:37 pm

@maybe
            I do not agree with many of your points of view, but you are a fairly civil man and intelligent. And I can respect that.

@ Philosophus
            You are definitely a different breed of cat and put forth some interesting thoughts, to say the least. But I respect your right to express them.

But as to LVS, well what can one say.
            I’m not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one.

As to being a “punk”, not quite, bucko.
            I am 63 years old and I spent the last part of 1970 and the better part of 1971 in a place that was, well as close to hell on earth that you could get.
            So don’t give me that supposed tough guy bullshit LVS, because I’m guessing that you have to squat to pee.

You’re nothing more than a pathetic old man that gives our generation a bad name.

January 4, 2014 at 2:04 pm

@BCN-Now you are a liar and a coward. If you are as tough as you think you are put your real name on here and I will stop by and see just how good you are. As far as I am concerned you are just another big mouth hiding behind a keyboard. No one as gutless as you could be from my generation and that makes you a liar.

January 4, 2014 at 2:23 pm

@Maybe-That is a good idea. It is just that when they sneak around and snipe into other people’s conversation it just pisses me off. You know that they would never stand in front of you and say the things they do while hiding behind a keyboard. Most of the ones sniping are not even paid subscribers. They are to cheap to pay, but they always want someone else to pay for them. I think I will start lobbying Matt to cut them off if they have not paid. I don’t mind people disagreeing with me as long as they keep it civil but if not, I can go the other way in a heartbeat. Hell, I even like Philly most of the time.

bodacious

January 4, 2014 at 5:46 pm

LVS, I really don’t understand you. You snipe at BCN because he doesn’t put his real name and address on his posts, yet you don’t either. Yes, you use your initials and that is your right, but maybe BCN uses his initials as his screen name. Besides that, your threats are rather hollow. From what I have read of your posts about yourself in the past, you must rely on a wheel chair at times. If that is true, I would think you would have difficulty getting around and I am sorry for that. Your disability, if there is one, might make it tough for you to exact your revenge on those who disagree with you. Several times in this string of posts, you have been proven wrong. Yet, you keep coming back with something new at times, and the same old stuff often. Why don’t you give it a rest and give the rest of us less ammunition to use against your peculiar way of thinking?

MC 83

January 4, 2014 at 10:48 pm

I used to sometimes agree with but always respected LVS’s opinion but lately All he does does is attack and threaten people. Why does LVS do this? Just because he disagrees with peoples opinion. I for one have lost all respect for LVS. I think he is making this news website a joke. I can’t believe the editor of this website lets him go on and on with his childish threats.

Big Country Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Any more cop bashing is going to go real bad. How about tell them thanks once in awhile.

L.G. Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 8:16 pm

You’re just a violent sociopath. You should seek mental health treatment.

L.G. Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 2:39 am

Dolphins get high on puffer fish. LVS says, arrest them druggers of the sea!

D.A.R.E Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 3:00 am

How DARE Colorado legalize cannabis without going through Sheriff Kevin Pals, Deputy Dave Hepperly and LVS. They know more than the doctors, researchers and the whole state of Colorado combined. They know about DARE and how much this will hurt drug war funding. Is it fair to get the police addicted to drug war funding and make them go cold turkey? I ask you. Kids we DARE you to stay away from Satans salad! Do you except this DARE. We know if we dare you, you’ll do it.

Tom Darrell Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 10:05 pm

LVS are you a Charles City Police officer or related to Paul from Charles City…You without doubt do not know anything you are talking about concerning my wonderful state of Colorado..And certainly nothing about DIA..come on out here to Colorado I promise to get you higher than a spider monkey in a tree top legally, so that Eye can educate you on the true laws and way’s of Colorado.. Eye am not much impressed with Iowa and the silliness in the the backwards law enforcement there..I lost a wonderful grandson in your state and not to impressed with people in Iowa talking about things they know nothing about

Tom Darrell Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 10:31 pm

What is it with many of you..CS CJ Andersonblows noname etc…Everybody has unusual names..my name is Tom Darrell in my world they bygod know me as “Eye”. We speak with our names, Eye do not understand the secrecy and the importance of hiding behind a false wall..If you believe it bygod stand up for it, you too Matt..The three best things in my opinion from Iowa is Dan Gable, the beginnings of ABATE where set in Iowa, and my grand daughter Angela Emily Grace Darrell..Come on folks if you believe it stand up for it by name and person..that is just how we passed the pot law here in Colorado..Alcohol has and does more damage to society and families than pot ever will. there are more alcohol related court hearings than pot will ever have, and sadly enough Iowa is one of the highest states for drunks.. Oh yeah there is another good point in Iowa, one of the first out state chapters of a great Colorado MC SOS was in Iowa..MHL&R

the wendigo Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Tom. He could come to Colorado with you. Problem may be that he could have Big Country with him. Its a road not to go down with Big. Hes one of my best friends and im not smack talking Big@ We grew up together and still roll together. Picture a human bulldozer.

L.G. Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 8:20 pm

You two are violent sociopaths who need mental health treatment.

tom darrell Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Bring Big on out….anybody that has to use foolish names and intials to make a statement just does not move this old schooler into respect..So unless good old Big is federal law, he aint nothing but a big ol boy here in my state….

Johny cash

January 5, 2014 at 1:43 am

Tom. I don’t know ya. Don’t screw with BIG. Its a very bad idea. I am being civil. He has anger issues and has to duck for doorways. Not trying to come sound threatening but he is not nice.

January 3, 2014 at 8:10 am

@Tom Darrell-If you grandson is smart he will keep running away from a person like you. Why do you think he disappeared?

TOM DARRELL Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 9:31 am

LVS see that is my point about some of Iowa LE and misinformed folks..The LE in your state and his abusive mother are directing all attention towards Colorado myself as to RUNNING TOO…LVS earlier I extended my warm heart towards you and invited you out to get a looksy yourself at the Colorado pot laws because you were talking so stupid on here and upsetting others on the page..I regret having to pull the offer from the table..My reasoning is that of Ron White ” You can’t fix stupid”, no need to waste my time not a pot shops product on the likes of you LVS…HAVE A GOOD DAY,have another drink..

January 3, 2014 at 9:40 am

@Darrell-I don’t drink but you are brain dead. That’s what happens to heavy pot smokers. Stay in Colorado where you belong. I have read your post on your missing grandson and you certainly look like someone with something to hide. No wonder the kid is hiding from you and the rest of your disfunctional family. So long doper.

Iowa Sucks

January 3, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Let’s leave comments without attacking the other people that comment on NIT. Final warning for everyone. Comments that name-call or threaten will be deleted as they are found by staff.

Philosophus

January 3, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Geez LVS, have you considered what happens to heavy alcohol drinkers or tobacco smokers? LVS, old chap…(pulls up a doctors swivel stool on rollers), you need a good talking to. You my weathered passe friend, are what we call “consumers”. You consume everything but create nothing. Because you only consume, you have no understanding of what it is like to create. Creators are who make the products you consume. Those who write laws are also creators (good or bad), and the laws you like to cling to, in order to feel you are a good citizen, were CREATED by men.

If you ever were to truly understand this is how the world really goes round, you wouldn’t be such a cad hang-up for “law”. Instead you would possess the ability to examine the laws that were created and decide for yourself which ones are good and which ones are bad, and truly understand WHY you feel that way.

You’ve been consuming laws since the day you were born. And if it is true that you are a former police officer…well that makes you even more compliant with what’s been laid out before you.

January 3, 2014 at 1:49 pm

@Philosohus-I am NOT a ex law officer. I have respect for the ones that are. They will be the first ones you will call if you have a problem and you know it. I also have respect for the laws we have. Without law we have no discipline. We have a process for changing laws that doesn’t require you to break the law. People just can not pick and choose which laws they will obey and which ones they won’t. If you don’t obey the law society as a whole will fall apart. There are laws I do not care or and I personally think we have way to many (or I did). After reading the comments on here I can certainly understand the problems cops have. Do not blame the police for doing their jobs. These people will be the first ones to complain if someone breaks the law and they are the victims.

Philosophus

January 3, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Yes but LVS in the case of banning a substance, (especially a plant for christ’s sake), people who disagreed with that law, had to essentially break the law to stand up to that plant’s right to exist. It’s really no different than people that consumed alcohol during prohibition, (more contentious actually in my view since alcohol is a poison, and marijuana is a medicinal plant). Also think of those who harbored Jews during WW2. Sure it was illegal to harbor a Jew. It was illegal for Jews to even be alive, and the Nazi government wanted to exterminate them all, much like the Federal Government and Big Pharma wants to exterminate all marijuana. Sometimes it is necessary to break the law in order to preserve longterm righteousness.

Dissent has been necessary when bad laws have been passed, or when laws aren’t enforced when they should be…as in the case of Iowa Muffler Laws.

January 3, 2014 at 3:05 pm

@Philosophus-And that is why I said there are to many laws. They make a new law every time someone does something they don’t like. They are sometimes pretty silly. That is the problem with our system. You are correct about alcohol or any other substance whether it is a natural plant or not. If it alters the mind it is dangerous and needs to be controlled. You would eat castor beans would you? Just like alcohol, the only reason the are now allowing it is the money they will make off it. They already have a 10% tax on it and I was told the permits required to sell it are outrageous. It is all about the money. You just watch, when it starts affecting people’s health (and it will) because people always abuse drugs the major insurance company’s will start a campaign to eliminate it. Tobacco was also used as medication in the past and so was heroin and opium. They will start arresting people right and left when they do not obey the laws they have put in. Another money maker for the state. It is all about the MONEY. It always is.

Philosophus

January 3, 2014 at 3:59 pm

LVS if I haven’t already said it, or haven’t said it in awhile, I’ll say it again: I’m not a proponent for people to become drugged out of their minds and bodies 24/7. In fact I really think it’s the kind of thing that should be done on occasion…if at all (marijuana smoking or vaporizing).

But I disagree with how the government is going about it. It is my belief that at least 50% of the problem is due to the fact the government is making such a big stink over it and prohibiting it. There are at least 50% of drug users who are simply using the substance out of rebellion against authority. By legalizing it, it is my belief that at least 50% of users will decline because it’s no big deal anymore when it’s available. There are others who will begin using it because it’s legal, but that is their choice.

It is also my belief that upon legalization of it, more real education and support can be had, and regulation as to the purity and origin of the product. The reality is that marijuana is a plant, and if a plant has been sprayed with many toxic chemicals or has been smuggled into the country and is full of pesticides, fungi, bacteria, fungicides etc, it is going to be unhealthy to consume it. Sort of like drinking moldy old beer. Who would want to consume that?

Upon legalization treatment for abusers will become more easily available, and the crime aspect won’t disappear entirely, but it will be dramatically diminished.

Plus, as I’ve stated, true spiritual seekers and creative minds will be able to use the substance safe from feeling like a criminal, or needing to become affiliated with criminal elements.

And then there’s the entire medical issue, which I’ll leave for those more educated than I am on the subject.

Plus, it will also IMPROVE relations between citizens and law enforcement. The drug war is unpopular and has divided so many citizens against one another and against the police. You will see LVS, community and police relations will get better, and people will be happier and less hung up. Police will be assisted to fight more serious crimes, and the streets will become safer when the underground criminal aspect has been removed.

Of course operating heavy machinery like automobiles is going to need extra attention life field sobriety tests, and I support the notion that those inexperienced drivers who are very high, should not be operating vehicles. The AAron Gunderson incident was tragic and must not occur. But if you think about the incidents of alcohol related crashes compared with the stoned driver incidents….it doesn’t compare…and yes there are stoned drivers out there even now. Being stoned is not exactly safe to drive, but being drunk is worse.

Give this time. Colorado will prove that civilization wont’ fall apart when marijuana has become legal.

January 3, 2014 at 4:50 pm

@Philosophus-I have said it before and I will say it again just for the record. I agree that what we are doing today is not working. My God, just the employment issue alone of the people arrested should make people pause. Not to mention losing their drivers license for nothing that has to do with driving. Just how are they supposed to get to work. It all combines to make criminals out of otherwise productive people. It is all about the money. Now, all that being said, I still think we have a process for changing laws and doing criminal acts is not one of them. There is no chance that they will change the records of the people that have been arrested so they will carry that with them all of their lives and they will be locked out of good jobs. All of that just builds until you have what we have today. It will start as drugs become more and more legal. They will be arrested for impaired driving and it will start all over again. You know as well as I that most people do not have the self restraint to use the stuff responsibly.

Iowa Sucks

January 3, 2014 at 5:09 pm

For once I agree with most of what LVS says in this post, all except the last sentence which destroyed all the previous points. It shows that you don’t really mean it. Putting people in jail and destroying lives because YOU think OTHER people can’t handle it is weak sauce. Alcohol is a 1000 times worse and as a society we allow everyone to “handle it”. That’s what freedom is. If you can’t handle it and do something illegal we have laws for that.

Philosophus

January 3, 2014 at 6:39 pm

What Iowa Sucks says is true. Alcohol is much worse than marijuana, when it comes to loss of functioning, yet society has found a way to restrict its use during certain times–driving a car being one of them. They said essentially marijuana is being treated about the same as alcohol in regards to who can use it, at what age, and at what times. It’s all pretty common sense really. Of course people should not be driving when they are really high…just the same as people should not be driving when over the legal limit…which I suppose could be arguable as to what that is? .o8 or .1? but that is for another debate.

But LVS, there is absolutely no reason that a person in their home kicking back in their backyard or sitting in their recliner should not be able to toke up some marijuana and lay back and enjoy the affects. There’s no reason in hell why a government should have the right to kick down your door, confiscate your home, and put you in jail…sometimes for the rest of your life for doing so.

That is the part that is most contentious about the marijuana debate…namely the DRACONIAN LAWS and PUNISHMENTS surrounding the drug war. They have tried their damndest to stifle the use of one of God’s Botanicals, and they have failed, and will continue to fail if they persist because it makes no sense to prohibit a naturally occurring plant. It is absolutely insane and ridiculous beyond imagine.

We are way more mature a people to be subjected to such nonsense. WE are supposed to be an advanced agrarian society, and the stupidest thing we could be doing is waging war against mother nature…which of course we would lose.

Defeating these horrible prohibition laws is the first step towards us healing as a people and as a society.

I know this is a leap…but man LVS if you would ever travel to Colorado and get in a safe spot, and smoke up one day…some really good, clean bud, with a really “kind high” and not a pesticide laden anxiety filled one…you would instantly see what everyone is talking about and would stop this non-informed position you are taking.

And then, if you never ever used it again…I’d at least respect your positions on the matter. But until you partake, you are not speaking from experience and are essentially persecuting something you know nothing about.

“Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

tom darrell

January 4, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Well Eye uped you hucklberry..Eye don’t smoke pot Ewe jackwagon…Out yourself by name LVS, try wearing big boy panties in real life..What is right is right,,I am a advocate with sensible Colorado lobbing Legal use..what do Ewe dew, clean sewers in town

I researched it Reply Report comment

January 4, 2014 at 1:25 am

WHAT? What…does that have to do with anything? At all? I mean, honestly.

Iowa Sucks Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 4:16 pm

So many uninformed responses. The kind is going for $150 an oz in the CO stores. On the black market it’s about $400 an oz in Iowa for instance.

It’s hilarious, LVS is claiming making it black market keeps the cartels out. What a whiny dummy. Check my link at the bottom of this thread and watch if you have a loved one with cancer.

Tom Darrell Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 10:07 pm

LVS sounds like just another dumbass Iowa cop

the wendigo Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Tom is that your real name?

Iowa Sucks Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Now this freak wants to find out who you are so he can terrorize you.

the wendigo

January 3, 2014 at 10:25 pm

No Iowa Sucks@ Im worse than that.

the wendigo

January 3, 2014 at 10:47 pm

And Big rolls with me. Shut up and leave. Hope the next headlines are read are your ass being busted. you think for one second I back down from some smartass on the internet or in person you have been smoking too much of what you sell. Big@ will chew the tires off of your car. I follow the law. It is how it is. Anything else????

tom darrell

January 4, 2014 at 6:55 pm

yeah hard to believe his mom and pops named him Weinydingo

Iowa Sucks Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Everyone needs to hear this decorated cop speak about it.

If don’t know anything maybe…maybe you should just not copy and paste. The overwhelming majority want cannabis legal on CO and that’s never gonna change.

maybe

January 3, 2014 at 8:34 pm

doesn’t matter what the stoners want, if this article is true they will overturn it.

19. Allen

Allen Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I don’t know, $60.00 bucks for an 1/8 oz, is kind of spend y, especially for recreation. It would be nice to have a MR. Puff n Stuff store in Colorado though.

January 2, 2014 at 2:19 pm

@Allen-Try $500 for 1/4 oz. That is what they are saying it is going for. The blackmarket will be going nuts. Street value is $100 a oz. The criminals will be all over this. The cartels will make 4 times as much money without doing anything but raise their prices. FOOLS.

Just My Opinion Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 2:45 pm

LVS, you should really educate yourself on this topic if you’re going to spout off on it. The stuff the cartels sell is ditch weed compared to what the dispensaries cultivate and grow. Plus, the Mexican stuff is supposedly full of pesticides and who knows what else. If I lived in Colorado I would be willing to pay more for quality cannabis. I mean, who wants to keep funding the murdering cartels? I doubt the honest dispensaries are charging $500 for 1/4 ounce. I heard $400 for a full ounce, which would last a recreational user a very long time.

January 2, 2014 at 6:40 pm

@opinionated-It was on the news this afternoon. I guess you are another admitted criminal. Doesn’t surprise me at all.

MC 83 Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 3:03 pm

@LVS-Why do you feel you have to comment on every story? Your comment here shows you are not even close to knowing what you are talking about and it makes people think all of your comments on N.I.T are BS. Stick to the subjects you are educated on and your opinions would be taken more seriously. Just saying. Now feel free to to blast me for my opinion as I am sure you will.

BCN Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 5:14 pm

“@LVS – Why do you feel you have to comment on every story?”

“Stick to the subjects you are educated on and your opinions would be taken more seriously.”

Well put MC83, well said indeed.

The only problem with your last statement MC83, is that if LVS only commented on the subjects that he is educated on, he wouldn’t be able to post any comments at all….oh wait…excellent point!!

January 2, 2014 at 6:42 pm

@BCN-thanks for your interest. I really like it when educated people like you take such a interest in what I do. Now, screw off. It is none of your business what I comment on or when.

L.G.

January 2, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I agree with everyone else, you are taking down Matt and this site with all your uninformed turbo posting. Nobody wants to read you dumb biased nonsense and copy and paste crap.

January 2, 2014 at 3:20 pm

@LVS Try $55 with tax for a 1/4oz. When you hear someone on TV say “Prices could be as high as $500 for a quarter oz” that is speculation and you are not watching the news.

bodacious Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 1:08 pm

It would be interesting to know how many of those people who were waiting in line had never tried pot before. I would imagine it would be near 0.

Philosophus Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 1:19 pm

I’ll bet there are plenty who have never used marijuana but now that it’s legal are willing to try it. The marijuana laws took advantage of good citizen’s who don’t like to break laws, and prevented them from gaining access to a legitimate medicine and botanical / herbal product. It was a nasty war, with many lives and billions(trillions?) of dollars spent. I’m glad it’s almost over.

former law enforcement Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Put pot smokers in jail where the rest of the drug users belong.

Philosophus Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 3:36 pm

You’re a sick human being. Glad you are FORMER and not current.

Iowa Sucks Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 4:23 pm

There’s a man who likes to throw his fellow man behind bars for HIS livelihood and deny them a chance at recovering from cancer. YOU SIR are guilty of war crimes against society! See my link in this thread, it’s very important!

the wendigo Reply Report comment

January 3, 2014 at 7:38 pm

amen.

the wendigo

January 3, 2014 at 7:40 pm

And I meant that for former law enforcement. Not Iowa sucks. When I said amen. Pot is a gate way drug and I sure as fahq don’t care what studies are shown to me. Where drugs are, crime follows.

Philosophus

January 3, 2014 at 7:53 pm

I respectfully disagree with that assertion. I realize you are former law enforcement and have seen many situations most of us probably haven’t. But criminals are criminals, and it doesn’t matter if they were boozed up gangsters in the twenties and thirties like Dillinger, or if they are gangster rappers who like to smoke blunts doing drive by’s. It’s not the substances, it’s the people. They are criminals, they are violent, they are abusive, and they have little regard for human life or property rights. There are A LOT of people who have smoked marijuana, in college who have gone on to be nurses, doctors, even cops, military, and of course world famous computer programmer billionaires. Not to mention all the people who have done cocaine at parties.

Like I mentioned in another comment somewhere…it’s time to legalize, so as to separate the criminal element from those who are law abiding. I don’t like that criminals have hijacked a botanical herb and claimed it for their own, any more than you probably don’t like the fact they are criminals.

You can’t tell me that you haven’t seen drunk people do some really messed up and violent things…because we all know it wouldn’t be true if you did.

L.G.

January 3, 2014 at 8:14 pm

There’s nothing about pot that makes you want to do another substance. Wendingo is just selfish. He wants his fiends to earn money by jailing his fellow man over a plant and prevent people from treating cancer. Guys like this are indeed committing crimes against their fellow man and when pot is legal everywhere he better run like hell, because like the Nazis, we will end him till the end of time.

January 2, 2014 at 11:21 am

Try spending it in jail. I had some gang punks up here in the North End tell me that once and every single one of them ended up in jail. Some of them I helped put there. I would be real happy to help put you in jail.

L.G. Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 11:24 am

Well, call the police and tell them to go to Colorado and arrest him!

January 2, 2014 at 2:15 pm

@L.G.-he is not in Colorado. He lies about everything. He tried to tell everyone how he took pot on a airplane and no one stopped him. It is a Federal Violation to take pot to the airport or to take it out of state. He is a liar plain and simple. He probably lives in his daddy’s basement just like Philosophus live is his mothers. They have nothing and never will have. What they don’t tell anyone is that the drug related traffic violations in Washington have gone up 40% in just one year. This is an experiment and it is going to fail and punks like those two will be in jail.

Just My Opinion Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Again, LVS, you have no idea what you’re talking about. I have a very good friend who travels with cannabis quite often. Do you really think they strip search everyone at the airport? There are lots of ways to hide it, believe me. As long as you travel with small amounts it’s easy to take with you on a plane or even a cruise ship. I’ve been with him on some of these trips, so I saw it with my own eyes. He wasn’t hurting anyone. TSA is looking for weapons and explosives. Do you really think they have time to search every person (or their luggage) for small amounts of weed? They’re after terrorists!

Iowa Sucks

January 2, 2014 at 4:10 pm

You DON’T have to hide it! You can carry pot from one legal state to the other.

January 2, 2014 at 6:48 pm

@SUCKS-No you can not. That was part of the law they passed. If you do not live in Colorado you can not go there and buy it to take it out of state. You also can not have it on any Federal Property and that includes airports. Kids can not have it and if you have it in your system and get checked at work you can be fired. You should really read up on the laws before you become Bubba’s bunk buddy. Of course you would probably like that.

Iowa Sucks

January 2, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Gawd, you are so stupid LVS. You can travel BETWEEN legal medical states. You have the IQ of a sack of rocks.

Just shut up about things you know nothing about. You’re just an old alcoholic with brain damage. You ruin Matt’s sight just be being so stupid.

rahmbo

January 2, 2014 at 7:51 pm

@LVS

Last I checked, Denver International Airport is owned by the city and county of Denver. It is not federal property.

And the Colorado law itself does not prohibit taking the pot out of the state. What prohibits that is the fact that pot is illegal in every adjoining state.

As far as flying with pot from Colorado to Washington, I would presume that using an interstate carrier to transport illegal drugs (still illegal under fed law) would itself be a federal crime.

Iowa Sucks Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 11:44 am

Please watch this LVS. A decorated police officer wants to talk to you.

Iowa Sucks Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 10:42 am

I’ll make more money today than you’ll make all year.

rahmbo Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 7:54 pm

As former law enforcement, it must have indeed been difficult for LVS to wean himself off the war on drugs federal welfare money teat.

Perhaps he went through rehab of some sort. With job retraining he could perhaps get a more honorable job as a greeter at Wally’s.

Philosophus Reply Report comment

January 2, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Yeah that makes sense now that you mentioned it. LVS was probably former law enforcement. They still think they are in control of society, even in retirement. It explains his vehement attitude towards “druggers”, as he calls them. Sounds like cop-speak.