MASON CITY – On Thursday, March 31, 2016, Mason City Community School District will be hosting “Chris Carlisle Day”. Chris is a Mason City High School Alumni. This is a scheduled half day for students.
There will be an All-Student Assembly for Mason City High School students from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in the gym. Public is welcome at this assembly.
At 1 p.m., Chris will meet with student athletes interested in honing their strength and conditioning knowledge and skills. Middle school and high school coaches will meet with Chris at 2 p.m.
Some highlights from Chris’ career:
- Offensive line coach and strength coach at Trinity Valley Community College in Athens, Texas, when they won the NJCAA National Championship.
- University of Tennessee associate head strength and conditioning coach for three years. During these years the Volunteers football team won the 1998 BCS Championship Game and Southeastern Conference Championship.
- He was hired by USC in February, 2001as their Strength and Conditioning Coach. During his tenure at USC, they played in the 2001 Las Vegas Bowl, 2003 Orange Bowl, 2004 Rose Bowl, 2005 Orange Bowl (BCS Championship Game), 2006 Rose Bowl (BCS Championship Game), 2007 Rose Bowl, 2008 Rose Bowl, 2009 Rose Bowl, and 2009 Emerald Bowl.
- Selected as the 2006 National Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year by the Professional Football Strength and Conditioning Coaches Society.
- He was hired by the Seattle Seahawks in February, 2010, as their Strength and Conditioning Coach. Today Chris continues to oversee the Super Bowl XLVIII Champion’s weight room that focuses on mobility, stability, flexibility, strength and power.