Wanted Ventura man turns himself in

This news story was published on March 5, 2014.

MASON CITY – A man who police say ordered drugs from out of state and then picked them up at a local shipping company has turned himself in to authorities after skipping court.

Christopher Michael West, age 45 of Ventura, reported to the Cerro Gordo COunty Sheriff’s Office Wednesday just after noon. He has been wanted since February 12th, when he failed to appear in court for an arraignment related to felony charges of possession of a controlled substance and failure to affix a tax stamp.

Police allege that West picked up a large amount of marijuana at a local shipping company that was shipped from another state that has legalized marijuana for medicinal or recreational purposes.

West is being held on $10,000 cash bond. No court date has been set.

Christopher Michael West SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Christopher Michael West
SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

6 Responses to Wanted Ventura man turns himself in

1. anonymous Reply Report comment

March 23, 2014 at 2:45 pm

What is sad about this is that this man was getting the pot for someone else. His so called friend gives him enough to help with his pain issues while he sells the rest and makes a bunch of cash! And now Chris is going to pay for someone else. I hope he steps up and tells the authorities the truth! He doesn’t deserve to sit in jail because someone took advantage of him and his illness.

2. LVS Reply Report comment

March 5, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Throw the book at him and stop this madness in its tracks.

• SeventhSon Reply Report comment

March 6, 2014 at 9:21 am

Chris has extensive physical issues that may have played a part in all this.I hope they go easy on him. He’s a good fellow and poses no threat to anybody.

• LVS Reply Report comment

March 6, 2014 at 9:29 am

@Son-You know if he has pain issues I can understand him going after something to help relieve it. But what he did was pretty dumb. There is plenty of pot available right here if you want it. To have it mailed in makes it a Federal Offence and they are not very forgiving.

• SeventhSon Reply Report comment

March 6, 2014 at 10:02 am

Yes, LVS, there isn’t anything smart about what he’s done, but I’m just hoping that the outcome takes into consideration what Chris’ situation is. I do not know if this is about “pain management” at all. Chris is in a wheelchair forever as a result of a terrible car accident years ago, and if I was in his shoes, I don’t know what decisions I would make. Some of the choices out there may be a little more appealing to someone in that position.

• LVS

March 6, 2014 at 10:56 am

@Son=I didn’t know that. I hope it works out for him.