NorthIowaToday.com

Founded in 2010

News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Child who died in hog confinement while cleaning identified; autopsy says overcome by carbon monoxide

KOSSUTH COUNTY – The child who died in a hog confinement while cleaning has been identified as her autopsy states she was overcome by carbon monoxide.

On April 19, 2021 at about 9:10 PM, the Kossuth County Sheriff’s Office responded to 407 390th Street, rural Swea City, for a person found unconscious at a hog site building. That person was identified as 17 year old Victoria Marie Parra Lerdo of Rockwell City, Iowa.

Victoria was pronounced dead at Kossuth Regional Health Center that evening and an autopsy was performed on 04-21-2021 by the Iowa Medical Examiners Office in Ankeny, Iowa.

The results of the autopsy have been released to the Kossuth County Sheriff’s Office and the Iowa Medical Examiners Office ruled that the manner of death was an accident and the cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning.

Investigation at the scene revealed that a power washer unit was being operated within the hallway area of the building near where the victim was working. Due to inadequate ventilation within a small area, the victim was overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

The Swea City Ambulance, Algona EMS, Kossuth Regional Health Center, Kossuth County Medical Examiner, and the Iowa Medical Examiners Office all assisted the Kossuth County Sheriff’s Office in this case.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Even more news:

Watercooler

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthroughWebDesign.com

Copyright 2022 – Internet Marketing Pros. of Iowa, Inc.
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x