This news story was published on August 28, 2017.

CEDAR RAPIDS – An illegal alien from Kenya has been charged with a federal crime after he was caught in Iowa recently pointing long gun at people who passed by his house.

Kevin Oscar Naholi, 40, a Kenyan citizen residing in southwest Cedar Rapids, Iowa, has been charged with one count of possessing a firearm as an alien unlawfully in the United States. The charge is contained in a Complaint filed today in United States District Court in Cedar Rapids.

Cedar Rapids

The Complaint alleges that on or about early Friday evening, August 25, 2017, Naholi was observed outside his residence pointing a long gun towards passersby. When police responded to the scene Napoli retreated into his residence and an eleven-hour standoff ensued. Cedar Rapids Police sought to negotiate with Naholi during that time but he refused to come out of the residence. At about 4:30 a.m. on August 26, 2017, a special response unit of the Cedar Rapids Police Department safely entered the residence and took Naholi into custody.

The complaint alleges Naholi entered the United States from Kenya in 2003 on a student visa. However, when Naholi failed to register for classes as required by the visa, the visa was revoked in 2004. Naholi subsequently sought unsuccessfully to gain lawful status in the United States.

If convicted on the charge in the Complaint, Naholi would face a possible maximum sentence of 10 years’ imprisonment, a $250,000 fine, $100 in special assessments, and 3 years of supervised release following any imprisonment.­

Naholi appeared today in federal court in Cedar Rapids and was ordered detained without bond. The United States has 30 days in which to present this case to a grand jury for a formal charging decision.

The case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Richard L. Murphy and is being investigated by Homeland Security Investigations and the Cedar Rapids Police Department.

NAHOLI, KEVIN OSCAR

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

26 Responses to Illegal alien from Kenya charged with federal crime after caught in Iowa pointing long gun at people

August 30, 2017 at 7:55 am

Born in Hawaii no doubt –

August 29, 2017 at 10:22 pm

Carly…….. this site has attracted and has allowed very hate filled, derogatory and hurtful posting practices. In fact those submissions have almost become the norm. Who in their right mind would even consider disclosing their identity. Peter C has the courage to do so and I applaud him. But Peter L disclosed and look at the execution that followed. Until and unless this becomes a safe place I for one will remain sincerely anonymous.

• Carly Reply Report comment

August 30, 2017 at 6:21 am

I did not ask anyone to disclose their identity, just differentiate yourself from all the other “anonymous”. I agree there are a lot of nasty comments and they come from people on both sides of the political spectrum. It would be nice if we could have some good honest back and forth without having the nasty remarks but I guess that is the norm for social media. Reading this news story one should be able to see that this man is clearly here illegally and just because you believe our immigration laws should be followed doesn’t make you a racist. You don’t have to be a trump supporter to have that belief.

3. Carly Reply Report comment

August 29, 2017 at 12:53 pm

10 comments from anonymous posters. Are they one and the same just having a conversation with themselves?

August 29, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Do you mean like Bodacious and Nada Racist do?

• ALLEN Reply Report comment

August 29, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Good point Carly, it’s like that with every topic on this site, even the whiners den. Sometimes he/she/it/they use other posters names to cover up their rhetoric. Some have icons that identify them, other then that, it’s hard to tell one asshole from another. That’s my two cents on the subject, like it or not.

• George Tim John Malcolm Reply Report comment

August 29, 2017 at 4:35 pm

So if I use the name George, Tim, John or Malcolm then I suddenly would not be anonymous anymore? I don’t know you from any of the other people named Allen in this world. The same goes for Carly You two are just as anonymous as the rest of us

• Carly Reply Report comment

August 29, 2017 at 5:23 pm

You missed the point I was making. You can’t distinguish one anonymous from the next. Call yourself what ever you want. I don’t care who you are. If there were two with my name I would change mine. I will take responsibility for my posts and stand by them.

• ALLEN

August 29, 2017 at 5:26 pm

Exactly!!!

• Anonymous

August 29, 2017 at 5:44 pm

I will take responsibility for my post and stand by them as well just like you and Allen

• George

August 29, 2017 at 5:46 pm

So will I

• Tim

August 29, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Me too

• John

August 29, 2017 at 5:47 pm

I will do the same

• Malcolm

August 29, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Count me in

• Anonymous

August 29, 2017 at 6:04 pm

OK, I was just funning you there a little bit. On a serious note I would have to disagree somewhat with you and Allen. Although sometimes you cannot distinguish between anonymous posters I feel for the most part you can tell who is who buy their political views and they’re writing style. If you or Allan decided to use anonymous I believe I could still tell you guys apart. Those are just my thoughts.

August 29, 2017 at 8:29 am

“…and 3 years of supervised release following any imprisonment.­”

this is whats wrong with america. this guy shouldnt be here in the first place, yet after he has done his time we’re going to give him 3 years to disappear before we deport him back to africa.

how about doing him AND america a favor: substitute his years of incarceration for a one-time beating like he has never seen and then set him on the first returning banana boat back to his real home?

August 29, 2017 at 7:07 am

Student visa at age 27? – How quaint ! Man – did the demos and obamba pull some wool over our eyes or what – creme of the crop the democrats.

August 28, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Wasn’t it Obama that encouraged anyone to gain access to this country illegally? AND once here hide under the protection of the local law ILLEGALLY? Now can you understand the person’s statement? No, probably not. Too stupid. You people play the race card so often that it has become a joke. Please apply it where applicable. Otherwise what you’re doing is a disservice to the black person. Don’t you get?

August 29, 2017 at 3:22 am

The race card is offend used to describe Trump supporters because it is offend the truth. People like you get upset about it because sometimes the truth hurts.

7. Kraig Reply Report comment

August 28, 2017 at 6:51 pm

obama…!!!! is that your bro?

August 28, 2017 at 7:40 pm

And people wonder why Trump supporters are called racist!

August 28, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Whats racist about that?

August 28, 2017 at 9:49 pm

If you have to ask that question then maybe you need to look in the mirror.

• Anonymous

August 28, 2017 at 9:56 pm

Explain it genius. You’re the one who made the comment.

August 28, 2017 at 10:38 pm

Do you realize that you are one of Trumps greatest recruiters of supporters?

August 29, 2017 at 11:18 am

Now that’s funny! If I am one of Trumps greatest recruiters of supporters then you guys are in worse trouble than I thoigjt! Haha
          It’s no wonder he’s at an all time low approval rate.
          You Trump supporters need to find a new way to recruit and should not rely on me because it isnt working for you!