Storm Lake mom charged with child endangerment

This news story was published on September 4, 2014.

STORM LAKE – Police said a mom played the pass-out game with her sons which led to her arrest on child endangerment charges.

Storm Lake police brought two aggravated misdemeanor charges of child endangerment against 31-year-old Jennifer Cordova after they investigated an incident that took place in June.

According to a statement, police allege Cordova and her sons, ages 13 and 7, played a game where they denied themselves oxygen, causing the older boy to fall and hit his head.

Cordova was arrested, booked and released from the Storm Lake jail on September 3 and awaits an undisclosed court date.

According to faithhopeandcharity.org, Jennifer Cordova of Storm Lake is the Director of Development at Faith, Hope and Charity. The town’s local newspaper, storm lake.com, reported in July that she is “enjoying her new position. She began in April after working in sales and marketing for 14 years in Houston for the Metro National Company.”

JENNIFER MARIE CORDOVA SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

JENNIFER MARIE CORDOVA
SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

20 Responses to Storm Lake mom charged with child endangerment

1. Donna Reply Report comment

September 5, 2014 at 1:09 pm

shame on the media.
    shame on her mother for trying to destroy Jennifer.
    Jennifer is the most devoted, most loving mother I know. She would give her own life for the life of her children and her family.
    Shame on you people for forming conclusions when you have less than 1/2 of the story.

2. Donna Reply Report comment

September 5, 2014 at 11:38 am

My name is Donna and I have known Jennifer Cordova since she was 5. Jennifer was raised by a hateful mother who allowed her daughter to suffer many atrocities. Jennifer has prevailed through it all and now her hateful, jealous mother – sll the way in TX has called IOWA to file these false claims because she wants custody of Jennifer’s first born son who is 13 and rotten…like his grandmother.
    Jennifer is educated, pursuing her masters degree, enrolled in a ministy school. Shame on the…

3. Jennifer Cordova Reply Report comment

September 4, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Hi my name is Jennifer Cordova and no I am not on welfare.These allegations are false. I recently filed for custody of my son and the respondent in the civil matter false reported. The truth prevails and I love my children very much! I would never do such a thing. The day in question was actually the complete opposite. I witnessed my son watching these “pass-out” videos on YouTube and took his phone away. Don’t believe everything you read in the news. This is a mug shot taken after many…

4. Just My Opinion Reply Report comment

September 4, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Matt, I’m not sure how many young people read the comments on this site, but if you think there might be “copy cat” acts from what I described, please delete my comment. Thanks!

5. Just My Opinion Reply Report comment

September 4, 2014 at 2:02 pm

For the record (per my comment below) I am definitely NOT condoning what this mother did. At her age she should know better.

• Jennifer Cordova Reply Report comment

September 4, 2014 at 4:22 pm

You absolutely right, I would never condone such behavior either. And I am of age to know better.

• Just My Opinion Reply Report comment

September 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Jennifer, I apologize for assuming the charges were legitimate. It was a rush to judgment that shouldn’t have happened. It sounds like you have your hands full with your mother. Very sad. I wish you well.

• LVS Reply Report comment

September 5, 2014 at 5:46 pm

@JMO-Excellent comment. My opinion of you just went up several knotches.

• LVS Reply Report comment

September 5, 2014 at 5:59 pm

@JMO-excellent comment. My opinion of you just improved by several knotches.

• LVS Reply Report comment

September 5, 2014 at 6:29 pm

@JMO-Excellent comment. My opinion of you just went up several levels.

• LVS

September 6, 2014 at 6:51 am

System problems here. It wouldn’t post last night even though I tried several times (as you can see) this morning here they are. Won’t post again this morning.

• Jennifer Cordova Reply Report comment

September 5, 2014 at 7:18 pm

thank you for that your comments bring some peace

6. Just My Opinion Reply Report comment

September 4, 2014 at 1:59 pm

When I was 13 or 14, my cousin (a year younger) taught me how to make myself pass out. We sat on the floor with our heads down between our knees and took several deep breaths. Then we stood up very fast and put our thumb in our mouth and blew as hard as we could until we blacked out. We came back to consciousness very fast, with a strange feeling of “where am I?”.

I probably did this a total of 5 times over several weeks. Stupid? Of course. But we had no idea it was dangerous.

7. Bobby G Reply Report comment

September 4, 2014 at 12:34 pm

She looks like a welfare mama.

• Jennifer Cordova Reply Report comment

September 4, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Hi Bobby G, no I am not on Welfare I am a successful professional who works with children to improve their quality of life. I am well educated and these allegations are false. Your comment on my appearance in this mug shot is not accurate. Imagine being drug form your job and arrested for something you did not do just because another person can pick of the phone an accuse another. This is an image of me in despair and disbelief after nearly crying a million tears.

September 4, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Just what do welfare mamas look like?

8. Marybeth Greenan Reply Report comment

September 4, 2014 at 11:51 am

Really!! That game is deadly and I know someone who is permanently brain damaged now from the result. So very dangerous!

• Jennifer Cordova Reply Report comment

September 4, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Really!! is right… Please be mindful that this is only an accusation. Right now, in the real world a mother who has never been in trouble with the law and has never laid a foul hand on her children is being unjustly accused because she in the midst of a custody battle and this it the only thing the opposing party could come up with.

• LVS Reply Report comment

September 4, 2014 at 5:16 pm

@Jennifer-there is always another side to the story. People tend to jump to conclusions, and usually they are wrong.

• Jennifer Cordova Reply Report comment

September 5, 2014 at 12:54 pm

@LVS thank you for sharing your comment. I have to stop looking at these articles they are horrible. I never thought of it before but we see people falsely accused every day and even I am guilty to quickly judge them. I just thank God for the platform to defend my self.