From the Mason City School District:
Phase 3B – Henkel Construction – John Adams Middle School THANKS YOU HENKEL CONSTRUCTION!
It’s official, the John Adams building is completed and opened this fall to house the majority of our high school teachers during the renovation of the MCHS two-story portion of that building.
Watch for details coming soon about a COMMUNITY OPEN HOUSE for the John Adams building and Cafeteria spaces.
Phase 4 Holland Contracting – FEMA Safe Room
– Membrane roof between new addition and existing penthouse
– Install storm sewer intake near HS Music (will have rock excavation)
– Installing and insulating ductwork above ceiling in MP room
– Hooking up permanent electrical power
– Framing ceilings in North and South corridors
– Restrooms were activated for use during the week of August 27th
Phase 5: Dean Snyder Construction – High School Two Story and New Entrance
– FRP on bottom side of roof deck is complete and work is continuing
– Mechanical demolition almost complete in the lower level mechanical room
– Water line for sprinkler service is connected and footings for sprinkler room in process
– Walls in the 2-story that are to be removed have been demolished
– Roundabout and sidewalk work has been completed – currently on hold for entrance access until DOT completes work