Garner man arrested for OWI after rollover accident

This news story was published on March 3, 2012.

CLEAR LAKE – On Friday morning Cerro Gordo County Sheriff deputies investigated a single vehicle rollover accident at a corner on B-20 north of Clear Lake near the intersection of Grouse Avenue (B-20) and 310th Street.

As a result of the investigation 21-year-old Jesse Lewis Halfpop of 250 State Street in Garner was arrested. Halfpop was booked into the Cerro Gordo County Jail around 9 am on one count of operation under the influence and one count of failure to maintain control of a motor vehicle.

No injuries were reported and Halfpop has since been released from the Cerro Gordo County Jail pending further court proceedings.

SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

33 Responses to Garner man arrested for OWI after rollover accident

1. Jess Reply Report comment

March 4, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I know this idiot.. He use to be a great kid and actually my first love! He hopefully has finally learned his lesson and he’s going to get his life back on teak after he GOES TO REHAB. He actually has a great family behind him and great friends, so whoever wants to say he doesn’t can shut up.

2. Alice Reply Report comment

March 4, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Seems like there is alot of people named Anonymous on here. I certainly wouldn’t wish this young man any harm. He’s lucky he didn’t hurt anyone including himself. Drunk drivers make me very angry. I’ve hard to see what drunk driving can do as a sat in a funeral with 3 caskets. All three of these people were killed by one drunk driver. But I didn’t wish the drunk driver harm. He had to live with what he did forever, along with the manslaughter charge. Let’s just hope this man gets the help he needs before he does hurt himself or someone else.

March 4, 2012 at 2:49 pm

All of you need to grow up. the kid made a bad choice which he is gunna have to suffer the consequences for. people screw up, make bad decisions, some worse than others, but they learn from them and they move on. im not a family member of his, but i will defend him cuz unlike all of you i know his family. i was friends with his older sibling during highschool and spent time around his family and they are the exact opposite of what you assume! his parents are great people and it was a priviledge to get to know them. so if all your gunna do is talk shit about him dont even bother commenting cuz it shows just how judgmental and ignorant you are. i hope someday soon you guys get knocked off your pedestals you sit on above everyone else in your perfect little lives and have to go through the experience of making a bad choice. not everyone is perfect so f**k off!

• Larry Reply Report comment

March 4, 2012 at 4:52 pm

If you are seriously going to defend this drunken idiot who could have killed multiple people then you sir are an idiot as well. Your audacity, lack of intelligence…ignorance tells me you have no clue as to how things work in society. This moron and others just like him need a few years in jail to learn. I hope that when you posted your reply you ‘just made a mistake’, otherwise it just show the world what an incompetent jerk you really are. Better to be thought of a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt….and this is just what you did.

• Philosophus Reply Report comment

December 7, 2014 at 8:56 am

LVS is this you? Has the secret finally been revealed? I sorta pictured you like this…with a mustache and a pancake hat.

• LVS Reply Report comment

December 7, 2014 at 10:07 am

@Moron Philospus-No it is not me. Although I sure like what he says. You ARE the fool who opens his mouth and removes all doubt. Go smoke another joint and go back to bed Stoner.

• Philosophus

December 7, 2014 at 1:32 pm

“Go back to bed” he says. I’ve been up since 4 am and had my coffee with guys who pull up in $60,000 Mercedes Benzs: MD,Jewish real estate investor, E.Engineer from Nevada Power, and had a very pretty physical therapist who just moved here from Florida give me her business card. I’m surrounded by blue skies and palm trees. Next I’ll go to the gym and get a workout, then open up the laptop and prepare a prospectus for a real life Shark Tanker who takes companies public.Ur funny LVS

• Philosophus

December 7, 2014 at 5:06 pm

They love to hate me because they are ALL Obama haters. I hold my own in arguments and twice they walked away from me and refused to sit near me…but the following day they always come back…cuz my charm is too addicting. We all flirted with a blonde today who looked spitting image to Rosamund Pike (yes she did give me her email and phone number). 2 days ago I was sitting across from the twice elected former Governor and Senator of NV and we discussed race relations in Vegas 1949

• Philosophus

December 7, 2014 at 5:09 pm

You have a hard time accepting that I’m incredibly articulate and intelligent (they all admit it) and I asked some very poignant questions to the Governor which he fielded well. The former Governor comes in about 3 x a week during weekdays so chances are I’ll run into him again. It’s an eclectic mix and I lucked out finding this particular group, cuz I get along well with them. The Jew gives me crap about being a nanny, and the Shark Tanker called me Manny the Nanny.

• Philosophus

December 7, 2014 at 7:29 pm

So I guess the money I’m making doesn’t count huh? I live in a posh area of Las Vegas, and hang out in the home of a doctor. I make some lunch and play video games with the kids. And I’m paid just as much as someone working in McDonald’s all day long.

• LVS

December 8, 2014 at 7:51 am

@Philospussv-You are a known liar and slacker. Why would anyone be foolish enough to believe anything you ever say.

March 4, 2012 at 12:46 pm

5. unknown Reply Report comment

March 4, 2012 at 9:33 am

I don’t know this kid or his family nor would I ever say what he did, drinking and driving is OK, but really?? Saying he should have died? What the h is that?? If it was one of your family members or someone you knew I really doubt you would be saying that. I myself hope he learned from this and his family will help him get some help. My best friend is a recovering alcoholic. It took her almost losing her life to come to her senses but I thank god every day that she did and finally got help and is here with us. I just don’t understand how you people think belittling someone is going to help. People like this need help and support to over come their habit. They don’t need to die.. they need some guidance.

6. Brenda Reply Report comment

March 4, 2012 at 2:43 am

You what makes me sick is all you chickens that sit behind computer and talk shit. Do it to someones face. I bet you or at least a close family member has been through the same stuff. So shut the #$ck up.

• UStoleMyName Reply Report comment

March 4, 2012 at 4:31 am

I just love it how you losers seem to think that just because you and/or your halfwit relative are stupid enough to drive while impaired, that everyone must be just as stupid. Really, not everyone on the planet is on the same level as you rocket surgeons. Believe it or not, some of us are responsible, productive members of society. I know that is hard for you to believe, but some day you might understand. I won’t hold my breath.

March 4, 2012 at 2:18 am

Love it when family members defend their degenerate relatives and promise to do bodily harm to whoever who calls them pieces of shit. Everyone makes mistakes? Exactly… His parents made a mistake for producing this gem of a kid. If he would have killed someone would this winning family still come to his defense and say “quit talking shit”? If he was in my family I would be embarrassed, I mean look at him! Go ahead beat up everyone who thinks he sucks at life, you will just end up on NIM yourself getting made fun of carrying on the family’s great reputation. Boom roasted.

8. TheRealFred Reply Report comment

March 3, 2012 at 7:44 pm

At 8:00 in the morning?? Was he drunk or was it a case of wake & bake?

March 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm

It’s people like him that should NEVER be able to get his licence back. Had an Aunt messed up for life because of a drunk driver!!!!

• anonymous Reply Report comment

March 4, 2012 at 12:29 am

I suggest you know what your talking about before you go running your mouth. people make mistakes, and eventually learn from them. is that all you have time to do in your life is to sit behind a computer screen and talk shit about someone whom you might not even know? noo, he’s not a little bastard nor was he spoiled by his mommy and daddy. i know for a fact, because that’s my family your talking shit about. so wanna get your ass kicked by commenting on this and thinking it’s funny? probably not. then i suggest you get the story straight and quit running your mouth. going to sit here and talk shit about my family? well then learn to back it up. that would be much appreciated. thanks so much (:

March 4, 2012 at 1:14 am

Sounds like a nice family wanting to commit more criminal offenses when people bring up how they endanger others lives.

• b Reply Report comment

March 4, 2012 at 1:39 am

Looked him up on Iowa Courts today and since Feb of last year he has had 9 tickets, 3 of them are motor vehicle. The other 6 are booze, and he just turned 21 in Jan of this year. So maybe your family need’s to kick his ass, or your all just drunk’s like him. There is this thing called rehab, or maybe you all just like drinking and driving together. I get it it is a family thing, a family that drink’s together drive’s together. Maybe you should get him help before he kill’s some one and himself.

• UStoleMyName Reply Report comment

March 4, 2012 at 1:44 am

Way to make yourself and your family look completely stupid. Making threats to someone that you have absolutely no clue who they are and have no way of finding it out, yeah you don’t look like a fool at all. The point here is that this halfwit endangered lives by operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (in some way). Thankfully all he did was roll over his own vehicle. I just think its too bad he didn’t take himself out of the gene pool in the process.

March 4, 2012 at 1:48 am

Big shot family commenting anonymously and threatening someone via the internet. I hope he learns his lesson and is thankful he didn’t get hurt. If he is a repeat offender i hope nothing but the worst for him, and that he has to look at how it affects his family.

March 4, 2012 at 11:45 am

Really, making a mistake when getting behind a wheel of a car that is not a mistake it is a choice. I have had a family member get picked up for drunk driving and I said the same thing. If it is proven that he was not drunk they I will more than say I was wrong. But if he is proven that he was I stand behind what I said!!! IF you or your family had to go through what my aunt went through for years you’d feel the same way.

10. Alice Reply Report comment

March 3, 2012 at 6:28 pm

This jackass wouldn’t be smiling like that if he would have killed someone while he was driving drunk!

11. young gun Reply Report comment

March 3, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Must of been a spoiled little brat by the way he looks. Mommy and daddy were prolly there to get him out before the ink dried. What a moran

12. terry Reply Report comment

March 3, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Guarantee this little bastard needs his ass kicked if he thinks this is funny!!!

13. Joe Reply Report comment

March 3, 2012 at 4:22 pm

What is this idiot smiling about! Must have a real attitude. Oh yeah, he was drunk.