MASON CITY – Mason City High School and NIACC grad Paul Kaler-Ward, along with his family, have announced the first rugby scholarship for Iowa high school rugby players that want to further their education by attending North Iowa Area Community College and play rugby for Mason City’s River City Rugby Club.
The Kaler Family Rugby Scholarship first award will be for the 2016-17 academic year.
• Six scholarships will be paid from the 2017-18 academic year going forward. Three of the six scholarships will be renewals for recipients awarded the previous academic year.
• Recipients will be eligible to receive the scholarship and a second-year renewal pursuant to meeting all of the following scholarship criteria:
• Recipient must have high school rugby experience, have and maintain a 2.8 GPA or higher
• Recipients must be enrolled in full-time study (12 credits or more)
• Recipients must be or be willing to become an active member of the River City Rugby Club
All applications will be reviewed by a committee comprising of NIACC staff, the head of Iowa High School Rugby Coaches Dennis Oliver and River City Rugby alumni James Berg.
Anyone interested in additional information on the Kaler Family Rugby Scholarship can contact Sarah Kaler at email@example.com or the NIACC Foundation.