MASON CITY – As a reminder to citizens, the Alternate Side Parking Ordinance and Emergency Snow Route are in effect and will remain in effect until further notice.
Snow is in the forecast, with a 70% chance tonight and up to 2-4 inches possible.
Due to the amount of snow remaining along the side of the road and curbs, and the forecast for additional snow, the Ordinance will remain in effect.
During this time that the Alternate Side Parking Ordinance is in effect, the following general provisions shall apply:
- Parking shall be permitted on the odd numbered side of the street on odd numbered days of the month.
- Parking shall be permitted on the even numbered side of the street on even numbered days of the month.
- People moving their vehicle(s) from one side of the street to the other side must do it between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. the night before.
- On cul-de-sacs bearing consecutive numbers, parking is prohibited according to the schedule for the street to which it connects.
- During alternate side parking, signs prohibiting parking at all times on one entire side of the street only shall not be enforced and alternate side parking regulations shall be in effect.
- Alternate side parking regulations shall have no effect on streets where parking is prohibited on both sides.
- The Emergency Snow Route, which includes 1st Street NW from Monroe Avenue to Pierce Avenue will also be in effect at this time. No parking is allowed on 1st Street NW from Monroe Avenue to Pierce Avenue until further notice.