MASON CITY – Cerro Gordo County Auditor Ken Kline today released the following voter turnout statistics, through the close of business Thursday,October 11th, 2012.
Here are some breakdowns:
3,014 voted and returned
2,420 Democratic Party
1,355 Republican Party
1,214 No Party (Independent)
Important dates for the 2012 election in Cerro Gordo County:
– Saturday, October 27th 5:00 p.m. – Voter pre-registration deadline – The Cerro Gordo County Auditor’s office will be open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
– Friday, November 2nd 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to request an absentee ballot by mail
– Saturday, November 3rd The Cerro Gordo County Auditor’s office will be open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. for absentee voting and for voters to return voted absentee ballots
– Monday, November 5th 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to vote an absentee ballot in the county auditor’s office; deadline for voters to fix incomplete absentee affidavits
– – 10:00 a.m. – Absentee and special precinct election board will meet in to prepare for opening and counting absentee ballots
– Tuesday, November 6th Election Day – Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
– – 9:00 a.m. – Absentee and special precinct election board will meet to open and count absentee ballots in supervisors’ boardroom
– – 9:00 p.m. – Deadline for personal delivery of voted absentee ballots to county auditor’s office; deadline for auditor to receive an original absentee ballot request postmarked by November 2nd for a prior fax or electronic request