The Mason City Zoning Board of Adjustment has approved a conditional use permit for Creative Energy Systems, moving them one step closer to building a $35 million dollar plant in Mason City.
The board placed 30 conditions on CES. CES has said they would employ 50+ people at their new plant. CES must still get Iowa DNR permits and gain approval from the Mason City City Council, as well as the North Iowa Landfill.
More points from the meeting:
- A number of persons in the gallery wore “YES to CES” green stickers.
- It was said that the bosses and / or co-workers of several of the ZBA board members were in the audience.
- CES has now been interchangeably referred to as ERS. ERS is a business entity under CES that is doing business in Iowa.
- The 30 conditions that the ZBA board placed on the CES project can be viewed in the photo gallery; you will have to click through the photos to see them.
- Growth and Development Director Pam Myhre was not at the meeting. She was removed as lead for the project by City Administrator Brent Trout.
- The vote was 4-1, Gary Anderson voted against the proposal