MASON CITY – The Cerro Gordo County Supervisors awarded a land lease after opening sealed bids at Tuesday’s meeting.
Brad Oeltjenbrun was awarded the three year lease of 286 acres of county land at or near the intersection of Highway 122 and Lark Avenue. This land is sometimes known as the “county farm.” His bid of $420 per acre or $120,120 per year was the highest of four bids that were opened. The award of the lease is subject to legalities and other red tape before it becomes official.
In other business, County Engineer Mary Kelly said some pavement had been torn up by a farmer’s cultivator near County Road B55, west of Finch Avenue. She said a motorist hit the damaged pavement last week and damaged his car and the sheriff was called out.
A claim from a county employee brought forward by Teamsters Local 238 was denied by the sheriff and the Supervisors agreed and denied the claim. Supervisor Jay Urdahl abstained from that vote. There was no information on the claim or who filed it.
Black Hawk County made a deal with Cerro Gordo County to use the Precinct Atlas software developed in Cerro Gordo County, joining about 40 other Iowa counties also utilizing the software.
An observation on Cerro Gordo County Supervisor’s meetings. In addition to the agenda which is made available to the public, the Supervisor’s office should also provide a “packet” of information that explains each agenda item and further provides memos and other pertinent information. This would help the public understand and stay informed on all the items the Supervisors are dealing with as well as details the public has a right to know. As it stands now, very little information outside of the agenda is readily available to the public from the Supervisors.
I. Approval of Agenda
II. Approval of Minutes
A. October 4, 2011 Regular Session
B. October 6, 2011 Closed Session
III. Old Business
IV. New Business
A. County Engineer
1. Report on Secondary Roads Construction and Plans
B. County Auditor
4. Motion to Approve County Recorder’s Quarterly Report of Fees
5. Motion to Approve Sheriff’s Monthly Report of Fees
6. First Consideration & Vote of Proposed Ordinance 52 – Establishing Election Precincts and Supervisor Districts in Cerro Gordo County
7. Precinct Atlas
a) Authorize Chair to Sign Memorandum of Understanding with Black Hawk County
C. Consideration of Grievance Filed by Teamsters Local No. 238
D. Opening of Bids & Possible Awarding of the Lease on County Property Located in the W½ of the
SW¼ of Section 12, Lake Township and the NE¼ and SE¼ of Section 11, Lake Township
E. 10:00 a.m. – Public Hearing on Dougan’s First Subdivision and Change of Zone
1. Resolution to Approve or Deny Dougan’s First Subdivision
2. Resolution to Approve or Deny Change of Zone for Dougan’s First Subdivision
F. 10:05 a.m. – Public Hearing on Swift’s First Subdivision and Change of Zone
1. Resolution to Approve or Deny Swift’s First Subdivision
2. Resolution to Approve or Deny Change of Zone for Swift’s First Subdivision
G. Manure Management Plan
1. Consider Reports from the Planning & Zoning Administrator and Environmental Health Service Manager concerning the Manure Management Plan for B & S Farm Corp and order that the reports be forwarded to the Department of Natural Resources
H. Agreements & Contracts
J. Correspondence & Communication