Slot games can be frustrating sometimes as players can end up with a losing streak for seemingly no reason at all. Luckily, this page will show you a few ways to tell if a slot game is going to pay.
The RTP of a slot is a great indicator as to whether that particular slot is going to payout at some point. The RTP stands for return to player and it generally refers to the amount of return the player can expect to receive from a particular slot over a period of time. The typical RTP for a slot machine is around 95%. The RTP percentage will always sit below 100% because the casino needs to be able to make a profit of some sort in order to continue operating. When choosing a slot, it is always best to check the RTP first. A slot that has an RTP below 95% is considered below average in terms of payout and should be avoided if you have a tight bankroll. Some slots can have an RTP as high as 99%, promising frequent wins for the player!
Value Over Entertainment
One of the biggest decisions players will have to make when it comes to slot games is whether they want value over entertainment. Choosing value will mean they are more likely to see a payout but choosing entertainment results in the player having more fun.
- Choosing based on the RTP can really help the player get great value, although not every slot with a 99% RTP is going to be the most fun or challenging. Sometimes the fun is in the challenge of trying to beat a slot.
- Choosing a slot based on a fun theme will help the player to enjoy the game a lot more, players will be immersed in the experience a lot more easily and will ultimately find it more entertaining. Yet there is less of a guarantee that a slot will payout if you choose based on theme.
One of the main things that players can do to tip the odds in their favour is to use bonuses in a wise way. There are a variety of in game bonuses which players can try and trigger, often these will lead to bigger wins.
- Free spins is the most common bonus that is offered by slot games. Although it doesn’t seem as lucrative as other bonuses, the free spins bonus can be incredibly useful to players especially when it is retriggerable.
- Multipliers are lucrative bonuses that players can trigger, the amount will vary depending on the game you are using. Using multipliers wisely can result in some massive wins for the player.
- Wilds are symbols featured on slots, it is wise to try and get them because a line with a wild in can be used to create winning combinations with the adjacent symbols.
The RTP is a great indicator as to when the slot is going to pay out. Players can always take advantage of the bonuses offered to tip the odds a little more in their favour as well.