For centuries, cannabis has been effectively used for pain relief all around the world. However, in recent years, it has become more controversial as states have begun legalizing medical and recreational marijuana. While there is still some ongoing debate regarding the efficacy of cannabis as a pain reliever, there is evidence to suggest that this can be an effective form of treatment for a wide variety of conditions. If you are interested in using cannabis to help alleviate pain, here are 3 of the most common ways that you can consume it:
Vaping is rising fast to become one of the most popular cannabis consumption methods and is gunning for the number one spot which is currently occupied by smoking. There are many vaping devices including:
- Session vaporizer: Session vaporizers require that you finish your session in one sitting because you cannot turn the device off and finish another time. This isn’t ideal for consumers on the go.
- Portable vaporizer: Portable vaporizers, on the other hand, allow you to stop and start your sessions at will. This device is portable and ideal for on the go use.
- Desktop vaporizer: This device is unlike any other vaporizer because it is a large machine that is powered by electricity which makes it ideal for home use as it is not portable at all. This device is commonly used by medical marijuana patients, and it provides a very intense and potent hit.
- Vape pen: Vape pens are typically disposable and work with concentrates as opposed to dry herbs. This device is small and can fit in your pocket which makes it ideal for on-the go use.
Vaporizers, such as the Mighty Plus Vaporizer which is a part of the exclusive selection at MagicVaporizers, are considered a much healthier way to consume cannabis compared to smoking because there is no combustion involved. Instead, the cannabis is heated at a temperature of your choosing. Vaping is great for pain relief because the onset is almost instant, and the effects are generally more potent. You can also adjust the heating temperature to suit your needs. For example, higher temperatures will give you more bodily effects which is great for pain.
Smoking is the most traditional and commonly used cannabis consumption method available. This is a consumption method that involves inhalation and can be achieved using many different devices including:
- Joints/blunts: These are the most commonly consumed cannabis methods and involve hand-rolled crushed dry cannabis in rolling paper until it resembles a cigarette.
- Bongs: This is another popular consumption method and involves a water filtration device used to smoke cannabis. Bongs work with water to deliver a cooler and more purified hit.
- Hand pipe: Hand pipes are small, hand-held smoking devices that consist of a mouthpiece, a small neck, and a bowl on the opposite end.
These are just a few of the most commonly used smoking devices and they are popular because they typically have a quick onset which is ideal for anyone who is using cannabis to relieve pain. The only downside that comes with smoking cannabis is that the combustion is very unhealthy for lung and throat health. In fact, when exposed to smoke long-term, you are putting yourself at a higher risk of developing lung cancer, upper airway cancer, and throat infections.
Lastly, we have edibles, which are widely loved in the cannabis community. Edibles come in a variety of cooked, baked and drink products, but the most popular items are cookies, brownies, muffins, gummies, and tea. When you consume edibles, it is processed in your digestive system and liver which takes about 60 minutes – 2 hours. Although this is a long onset, the effects last upward of 12 hours and are some of the most intense and potent you will ever experience while consuming cannabis, which makes this a great remedy for pain relief, especially if you are planning to consume edibles before bed. Just be warned that it is not always possible to be fully functioning while on edibles, and it is best to consume this product at home when you have nothing scheduled for the day/ night.
Gone are the days where you had to pop a pill to get rid of pain. You can consume cannabis for a holistic approach to healing.