DES MOINES – Tuesday, Gov. Reynolds signed several approp
“Our fiscally responsible budget practices and our balanced approach to managing the pandemic has allowed us to invest in critical priorities that ensure Iowa remains competitiv
HF 861: an Act relating to appropriations to the justice system, gambling regulatory fees, and creating a bureau of cyber-crime, establishing a department of corrections survivor benefits fund, and including effective date and retroactive applicability provisions.
- HF 861 includes additional $21 mi
llion for corrections budgets and salary adjustments, including an extra $3 million to Anamosa State Penitentiary to fill full time positions.
- HF 861 further funds and supports Iowa law enforcement with an additional $10.5 million
HF 868: an Act relating to the funding of, the operation of, and appropriation of moneys to the college student aid commission, the department for the blind, the department of education, and the state board of regents, providing for properly related matters, and including effective date and retroactive applicability provisions.
- HF 868 allocates an additional $10 million in funds to the Future Ready Iowa “Last Dollar Scholarship”
- HF 868 includes an additional $1 million in funds for Iowa Jobs for America’s Graduates (iJAG) allowing school districts to provide direct services to the most at-risk middle school and high school students through direct intervention by an iJAG specialist. The additi
onal funding is estimated to provide between 30 and 50 new schools with iJAG programming.
HF 871: an act making appropriations to the department of cultural affairs, the economic development authority, the Iowa finance authority, the public employment relations board, the department of workforce development, and the state board of regents and certain regents institutions, and providing for properly related matters, and including effective date, contingent effective date, and applicability provisions. Contingent effective date. Contingent applicability date.
- HF 871 includes an additional $3 million for the Future Ready Iowa Employer Innovation Fund
- HF 871 allocates $750,000 to the Butchery Innovation and Revitalization Program to fund financial assistance to meat processing businesses, licensed custom lockers, and mobile slaughter units.
HF 864: A bill for an act relating to appropriations to the judicial branch.
HF 862: an Act relating to and making appropriations to state departments and agencies from the rebuild Iowa infrastructure fund, the technology reinvestment fund, the sports wagering receipts fund, and the autism support fund, providing for related matters, and including effective date provisions.
HF 895: A bill for an act appropriating federal moneys made available from federal block grants and other nonstate sources, allocating portions of federal block grants, and providing procedures if federal moneys or federal block grants are more or less than anticipated, and including effective date and retroactive applicability provisions.
SF 692: A bill for an act relating to transportation and other infrastructure- related appropriations to the department of transportation, including allocation and use of moneys from the road use tax fund and the primary road fund.