GREENE, IOWA – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa is inviting businesses, organizations, and individuals to lace up their bowling shoes and participate in the organization’s largest annual fundraiser Bowl For Kids’ Sake. The events will be held on:
Wednesday, April 12th from 6PM-8PM, Cadillac Lanes, Waterloo
Thursday, April 13th from 6PM-8PM, Cadillac Lanes in Waterloo
Wednesday, April 19th from 5:30PM-7:30PM, Viper Lanes, Oelwein
Sunday, April 23rd from 1PM-3PM, Viper Lanes, Oelwein
Wednesday, April 26th from 5:30PM-7:30PM, Freeze Frame Bowl, Greene
Thursday, April 27th from 5:30PM-7:30PM, Freeze Frame Bowl, Greene
Wednesday, May 3rd from 5:30PM-7:30PM, Waverly Bowl Inn
Sunday, May 7th from 12PM-2PM, Waverly Bowl Inn
Wednesday, May 10th from 5:30PM-7:30PM, Waverly Bowl Inn
If you’re interested in donating, sponsorship, or registering a team please visit iowabigs.org/bowl or contact Tracey Southall at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 319-235-9397.
For more information about how too you can make a difference in a child’s life and become a volunteer or donate to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa, please visit www.iowabigs.org or contact the office in Black Hawk County at (319) 235-9397 or our Bremer & Butler County office at (319) 352-2813.
To participate you will form a fundraising team with your friends! Bowlers raise money by soliciting pledges from people they know. Each bowler is encouraged to raise a minimum of $100 in pledges. 100 percent of the money raised by bowlers goes directly towards supporting children served by Big Brothers Big Sisters in your community.
Clever team names and friendly competition are also encouraged. Some of the fun team names this year include “Riddle’s & Littles” from Riddles Jewelry; “The Incredibowls” and “The Bowling Stones”
Get started today by visiting our website at www.iowabigs.org/bowl and follow these simple steps:
1. Just click the “Register Now” button at the top of the page and tell us a little bit about yourself.
2. Join a team or create your own!
3. Personalize a fundraising page that’s set up just for you.
4. Send out e-mails or fundraise with Facebook and Twitter. Aim high! Most people raise about $200 but top
fundraising teams raise over $2,500.
5. Come bowl! Once you’ve secured your donations it’s time to have fun and get the ball rolling! This year’s event includes two hours of free bowling (shoe and ball rental included), an event t-shirt, food, drinks, and the chance to win awesome door prizes.
“This isn’t a bowling tournament,” BBBS Executive Director Katie Orlando said in a press release. “We’re not concerned about scores. It’s really all about how much fun we can possibly squeeze into two hours.”