NorthIowaToday.com

Founded in 2010

News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Two die in Mason City carbon monoxide incident

Click to get protected: Kidde KN-COPP-3 Nighthawk Plug-In Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Battery Backup

MASON CITY – Two Mason City residents were discovered dead in their home Monday in a carbon-monoxide-related incident.

Thomas and Carmen Jimenez of 322 4th Street NW were discovered by police after family of the couple requested police check on their welfare. Police went to the house owned by the couple at 3:43 PM Monday and the Mason City fire department and other emergency responders followed about 20 minutes later.

The Fire Department found high levels of carbon monoxide and ventilated the home and likely contributed to the deaths of the tow individuals who lived there. Authorities determined that the cause of the high levels of carbon monoxide within the residence was improper venting of a heating device.

A car from Indiana was parked in front of the home Tuesday morning.

According to the Mason City Fire Department, carbon monoxide poisoning from the use of fuel burning appliances kills at least 200 people each year and sends more than 5,000 to hospital emergency rooms for treatment. Others die from Carbon monoxide produced while burning charcoal inside a home, garage, vehicle or tent. Still others die from Carbon monoxide produced by cars unintentionally left running in attached garages.

322 4th NW, Mason City
322 4th NW, Mason City
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

2 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Even more news:

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthroughWebDesign.com

Copyright 2022 – Internet Marketing Pros. of Iowa, Inc.
2
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x