This news story was published on March 15, 2013.

RURAL MASON CITY – A routine traffic stop has lead to the arrest of two Mason City residents and the discovery of a “large quantity” of methamphetamine.

According to a Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Department report, George Lynn Perry Jr, 41, and Jennifer Lynn Haxton, 29, were stopped for a traffic violation at about 1:40 AM at Killdeer Avenue and 265th Street.

Perry was arrested for driving while barred and failing to obey a stop sign.

Haxton was arrested and charged with possession of meth with intent to deliver (a B felony), failure to affix a tax stamp (a D felony), possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, possession of psilocybin mushrooms, and later, possession of contraband within a corrections institution (a D felony).

Later investigation lead to the discovery of a large quantity of methamphetamine, the sheriff’s department said.

Both subjects are being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail.  Perry’s bond is $2,000 and Haxton’s is $100,000.

Perry, George SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Perry, George
SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Haxton, Jennifer 050983

Haxton, Jennifer
SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

24 Responses to After two Mason City residents stopped for traffic violation, “large quantity” of meth discovered

1. just me Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I have know Jennifer for years. She just can’t keep herself away from drugs. I have seen her clean and sober. She was a good wife and mother but when the drugs get in her she is a totally different person. I feel sorry for her children. She has got the greatest kids. I hope she can get the help she needs. I don’t understand how you can choose drugs over you own kids but people do it all the time.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 8:22 pm

When you lie to kids about pot they don’t believe you about meth. It’s the old cry wolf story.

2. another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 10:38 am

It usually gives some a warm feeling inside to read stories like this one, because in some small way it gives them a feeling of superiority over others.

This important to people who already feel small.

• ME Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 12:35 pm

YES I am superior to these 2. I don’t use drugs that have the ability to kill me. I don’t abuse my partner or children because I’m loaded on drugs. I don’t put meth above food for my children on the grocery list of needed supplies. I don’t live off the WORKING taxpayers and waste that money poisoning my body. I don’t run stop signs upon entering a highway (which would endanger other innocent drivers) just so I can get to my next customer who wants to poison their self and spend their child’s food money.
      What someone uses to kill themselves might be their own choice. But when others suffer because of that choice , they lowered their position on the totem pole and made me the superior one.
      COMPRENDE’
      And YES lock up the drunk drivers too! And make them pay lots of $’s for risking other drivers live’s.

• LVS Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 2:09 pm

@ME-very well said.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Tobacco kills far more people then all other drugs combined. Do we lock up all of them as well? You’re on a roll now…

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 6:09 pm

When a person gets high on nicotine does it cause you to suffer? After all he’s doing the most dangerous and lethal drug.

• ME Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Comparing meth to cigs?! Get real. And alcohol is the most lethal. There’s no antidote for overdose.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

March 22, 2013 at 2:58 am

Cigs kill more people than all drugs combined by a long shot.

3. SMOOTHY Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 7:45 am

What the F**k is she crying about, maybe shes taing the rap for ole georgy, I love it when these losers get caught they all cry like baies and sing like canarys.

• Observer Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 8:43 am

She is crying because she finally got caught. Her drug use and associated behaviors are well documented.

4. Buzz Crumcutter Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 7:10 am

If drugs are a medical issue, then addiction and slugs like these two, must be one of those pesky things the rest of us should just learn to live with.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 7:51 am

Why not jail all the “pesky little” booze hounds as well? That drug does at least as much damage than this one.

• Hates Drugs Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Geez, Bricks, maybe Wellmark should have called their health program “BOOZE ZONES” just to please you. Get everyone in the state off booze.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Alcohol and nicotine are drugs. Addictive and sometimes dangerous drugs. You sound like you just want a war on some drugs. Other peoples drugs.

5. Great job Reply Report comment

March 15, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Great job Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Department.

It seems like meth has been on an upswing again lately after slowing down after the sudafed purchase tracking started.

Please keep cracking down; meth is a horrible drug that does so much damage.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

March 15, 2013 at 5:33 pm

It’s always on the upswing again and will never be stopped. Drugs can’t even be kept out of prison. Stop arresting people for bad choices. Drugs are a medical issue, not a law enforcement issue.

• Observer Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 8:33 am

As long as there is a law against the use and possession of these controlled substances, they are within the jurisdiction of Law Enforcement.

And as of yet, the general public does not want that idea to change.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

March 16, 2013 at 6:11 pm

That’s not true. When it comes to cannabis ALL reliable polls show the majority have changed their minds on this issue. You simply live in your own bubble like you always have.

• LVS Reply Report comment

March 15, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Great job-throw all those dope headed druggers in jail and let them play with eachother.

6. another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

March 15, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Welcome to modern day Mason City ex-patriots! It looks like the war on drugs hasn’t been to successful back there.

Are they still teaching drugs classes to kids there? What was it called, DARE I think.

Sort of a show and tell for kids and it’s about drugs! I’m glad the system never put me through drugs show and tell at that young of age. I grew up in Mason City, not Chicago. Performing a drugs “show and tell” for young rural children does far more harm than good at that young age.

• Europe Reply Report comment

March 15, 2013 at 2:48 pm

like sex ed right?

• mynameissosueme Reply Report comment

March 15, 2013 at 6:34 pm

yup only in America ….send them to DARE class while mom & pop go to the local bar for a few drinks and get hammered then go back & pick up the kids.

7. mynameissosueme Reply Report comment

March 15, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Looks like Perry is going “up the river”…..