On November 9th, 2021, St. Gabriel Communications, 88.5 mhz, Adel, IA, filed an application with the Federal Communications Commission for authority to construct a new noncommercial educational FM broadcast station to operate on 89.9 mhz, at Mason City, IA. Members of the public wishing to view this application or obtain information about how to file comments and petitions on the application can visit https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/views/public/nceDraftCopy?displayType=html&appKey=25076f917ce2e04b017d002e8c140a22&id=25076f917ce2e04b017d002e8c140a22&goBack=N#sect-chanFacility

On November 9th, 2021, St. Gabriel Communications, 88.5 FM, Adel, IA, filed an application with the Federal Communications Commission for authority to construct a new noncommercial educational FM broadcast station to operate on 89.9 FM, at Spencer, IA. Members of the public wishing to view this application or obtain information about how to file comments and petitions on the application can visit https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/views/public/nceDraftCopy?displayType=html&appKey=25076f917ce2e04b017ce708493e0cfb&id=25076f917ce2e04b017ce708493e0cfb&goBack=N

Charles City man receives suspended sentence in sexual abuse charge

This news story was published on March 1, 2012.

CHARLES CITY – A Charles City man received a lenient sentence for a sexual abuse charge and other charges.

On February 28th, Judge Colleen Weiland dismissed a charge of second degree domestic abuse (708.2A(3)(B)), 2nd offense against Joshua Buseman, 22, of Charles City.

Also on February 28th, Weiland dismissed a charge of sexual abuse in the 3rd degree (709.4).  Buseman then agreed to plead guilty to another charge of 3rd degree sexual abuse.  Buseman was given 3 years probation and a ten year prison sentence was suspended.  A no contact order was extended for 5 years.  Weiland suspended a $350 court surcharge as well.  In addition, Buseman received a special sentence under iowa code 903B.1, in which he will be supervised by the Iowa Department of Corrections for the rest of his life.  He will be responsible for court costs and attorney fees.

Buseman has a lengthy rap sheet, including driving while barred and other traffic violations, assault, violation of no contact order (dismissed, multiple times by Judge Ann Troge and other judges), interference with official acts (dismissed),  harassing a public officer, trespassing, possession of alcohol under the age of 21 and other alcohol violations, chasing and or harassing animals with a motorboat (462A.12(13)), and a loaded gun violation (483A.36-B).

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

14 Responses to Charles City man receives suspended sentence in sexual abuse charge

1. wouldnt you like to know Reply Report comment

March 3, 2012 at 11:47 am

For the people that have an issue with the way the judges sentence, you go ahead and go to law school, put in your time as a lawyer, be a Magistrate Judge for ten years, and be appointed by the Governor as a District Court Judge then you can go ahead and sentence as you see fit. Until then, let the people with the experience do their job and go on with your life..

• Me Reply Report comment

March 10, 2021 at 11:39 pm

Wouldn’t you like to know? I’m the one he assaulted numerous times. He almost choked me to death along with many other things that would take to much time to write on here . My mental health and life was torn to Pieces. It’s taken me years to recover. Now he’s been to prison for for choking another girl.

2. young gun Reply Report comment

March 3, 2012 at 8:20 am

What a F-ing joke this judge is, she was one who never had a boyfriend as she is looking for one now. Caters to men that are losers and very ugly.

3. Larry Reply Report comment

March 3, 2012 at 7:47 am

Judge Colleen Weiland should rethink her decision on dismissing these charges against a person who has demonstrated this ability to be social deviant countless times. He keeps re offending, going through the revolving door and no one makes him go to jail. Our legal system is so broken that it’s no wonder so many people go to jail, or break the law and get light sentences. I say when a person commits a crime, they get a harsh sentence, and then while in prison they have no tv, no internet, nothing but the four walls. Make life is prison as miserable as possible. Chances are they will not come back, knowing what life is like on the inside.

4. steve Reply Report comment

March 2, 2012 at 12:05 am

People get convicted numerous times for beig drunk in public go to prison, those convicted of serious crimes such as terrorism get sent to the clark center where they walk away numerous times. Others get suspended sentences, probation, violate the probation, and get more probation. get ba traffic ticket, and they don’t suspend the court cost. where is justice now days.

5. Ped Hater Reply Report comment

March 1, 2012 at 8:51 pm

What makes it worse is this ped got her pregnant and does not help with the kids now.

• Me Reply Report comment

March 11, 2021 at 12:01 am

I was at a party once and he started dragging me up the stairs against my will. This girl saw it happening and looked me straight in the eye and did nothing, she didn’t even go find help. He assaulted me numerous that night. I didn’t get justice then and I didn’t get it with the legal system either.

6. Katie Reply Report comment

March 1, 2012 at 7:04 pm

How do we get new judges? Do we vote for this level? I don’t recognize the name, so she must not be in my area if she is on a ballot. Matt needs to present sentencing profiles of all the area judges before elections so we can get rid of the ones who refuse to be tough on offenders.

• Matt Marquardt Reply Report comment

March 1, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Good idea. Judges have to be accountable as well.

7. lakegirl Reply Report comment

March 1, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I honstly believe there is something seriously wrong with this judge. She has given way too many lienient sentences for sex offenders. I think her plate is just a little too full and she needs to step aside for awhile. I certainly do not agree with this or many of the other sentences/orders she has put into place. Something needs to be done.

8. terry Reply Report comment

March 1, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Where did the PD take this picture of him?? At his house just after eating????? Wheres the number plate and side shot??

9. WTH Reply Report comment

March 1, 2012 at 5:29 pm

WTF is wrong with this judge?? I’ve noticed she has suspended a lot of cases like this! This town is FULL of crooks.

10. MC Bystander Reply Report comment

March 1, 2012 at 5:16 pm

time to move out of Iowa. lazy judges dismissing charges for people that are repeat offenders. pathetic. no wonder people come here to commit crimes.

• Me Reply Report comment

March 11, 2021 at 12:15 am

I moved out of Iowa. Only to get involved with another abuser, exept this time it was far worse. I was thousands of miles from anyone who cared to help me. Statistically I shouldn’t be alive but god decided to give me a fighting chance. I could hardly bare to live in Charles city back then. I was being bullied at the high school while all of the abuse was happening to me. Imagine getting beat up by your boyfriend one night only to go to school the next morning just to be called a whore and made fun of for being pregnant by The one that beat you up. Charles city schools did nothing to stop it.