This news story was published on July 12, 2020.

MN Freedom Riders
Image via unicornriot.ninja

MINNEAPOLIS – The Minneapolis NAACP has helped form the armed “Freedom Riders” to patrol streets as an alternative to police.

“Our community is under attack by outside instigators and community members want to know what they can do to protect it,” the Minneapolis NAACP posted to social media. “We are setting up the Minnesota Freedom Riders to protect our community. We are creating a network of people who will disseminate information through relational organizing (an information tree), support on the ground protestors through giving rides from the protests, giving first-aid help, and protect Black heritage sites from destruction.”

Unicorn Riot, an alternative news outlet, reported today, July 12, that “An armed security force, the MN Freedom Fighters, are now a regular sight providing security at protests and patrolling Broadway Avenue.  It started via a call out for a community patrol group for the Northside from Minneapolis NAACP…”

Many have called for the de-funding of police or their outright banishment.  This has been a call in large metro areas across the United States.  Meanwhile, there are many Americans who fervently stand by law enforcement and applaud the way they do their jobs and so no or few changes are needed.  Still others feel police departments should be re-formed and police unions banished or diminished.

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

23 Responses to Minneapolis NAACP forms armed “Freedom Riders” to patrol streets as alternative to police

1. Medina Reply Report comment

July 27, 2020 at 12:37 pm

Who are they accountable to? Are they being paid? By whom?

2. Lawmaker Reply Report comment

July 15, 2020 at 12:11 pm

I see they raised their left arm/hand is that so you don’t have to tell the truth?

July 15, 2020 at 1:57 pm

Wasn’t that the same “salute” that Chavez used in Venezuela?

Who else used it? The Black Panther Party(considered domestic terrorists),Nelson Mandela, Bernie Sanders, others are using the fist pump to bring on cheers from voters and supporters,Black Lives Matter(domestic terrorists).

July 15, 2020 at 2:37 am

A lot of these 2 bit sites receive dark money. I’m sure from ole George Soros to promote Marxist ideology. Let’s see how long this post lasts

July 14, 2020 at 9:53 am

I wonder how many “whites” are going to be killed by these a**hats, and we won’t hear boo about it in the mainstream media.

Sure looks like they were part of the rioters, at least giving the black power fist pump.

July 13, 2020 at 3:11 pm

Do the crime do the time and I really don’t if they hurt your ego/feelings.I would like to see a law that if you RUN your done , meaning they can shoot you , common sense says your guilty if your running.

July 13, 2020 at 2:53 pm

2nd post. Matt, are you deleting posts or is someone else doing it? As owner and editor, I would think you would have safeguards in place to protect your posts, but I am just curious. Thank you.

• NIT Publisher Reply Report comment

July 13, 2020 at 4:47 pm

I didn’t delete anything. A lot of posts getting reported by other readers, though. Three strikes and a comment is out.

July 13, 2020 at 8:24 pm

what condones 3 strikes

July 13, 2020 at 10:03 pm

Interesting question. So what the editor decides he doesn’t like or is afraid to print, he deletes. Without transparency, what is the use of a “free” press?

7. Lawsteward Reply Report comment

July 13, 2020 at 2:09 pm

…oh yeh…this is really going to work well! Pardon me while I continue laughing!!!

July 13, 2020 at 6:43 am

Honest citizens beware in Minneapolis.

July 13, 2020 at 12:46 am

looks like east park.

July 12, 2020 at 10:01 pm

SO SO TIRED OF THIS CRAP. Ok you want to defund our police oh here’s a better Idea TAKE AWAY ALL THE GOVERNMENT HELP LIKE free housing, food stamps and other government assistance that these idiots that have no jobs that can protest all day and destroy and alude Lord help us GET A DAMN JOB And get over yourselves the police that were involved in George`s death are being prosecuted IN CASE SOME OF YOU CAN’T READ GET OVER IT get a life and get a job I am African American and you put us all to shame because of your stupidity! I’m embarrassed to be the same race as you lossers! I am a professional there’s more to life can sucken of the government that feeds and houses your asses! Oh and drugs and guns nice to see that the government provides you assistance for that CRAP. HERE’S AN IDEA don’t televise these idiots that all this CRAP of off social media off the tv and radio! The need to stop puttin CRAP on tv dont give any of these dumbshits publicity! And I’m so sick of these idiots putting down our police forces with out them the world would go he’ll I appreciate all police officers and they all have my support!!! So to the president and all our officers do whatever it takes WHATEVER IT TAKES to clean this mess up and jail all of these destructive assailed take back control and if you have to make an example out of some of them so that the other ones will get the Picture DO IT!!! Take back your cities!!!! And again thank God for our police officers!!!! Thank all of you! One last thing GET OVER YOURSELVES AND GET THE HELL OVER IT!!!!!! LOssers

July 13, 2020 at 10:25 pm

AMEN! You said it all I to am of color and I agree 100and10%%%%!!!!!!! Jail all of there asses!

July 12, 2020 at 1:29 pm

Just what we need. More coloreds with guns walking around the city.

12. fedup Reply Report comment

July 12, 2020 at 10:53 am

So ya.i was arrested for a few ounce of mari in masoncity it was my freinds enyway but still the officer didnt believe me so i took to jail and they were rough to me like I said.it was not my weed nor sjould they enterograte me for two hours! so I would welcome this in mason it would work better than the police who just want to arrest people

• MAGA 2020 2024 2028 2032 Reply Report comment

July 12, 2020 at 11:34 am

Dumm lib got what you deserved! LAW & ORDER!

MAGA 2020

• Elephant Reply Report comment

July 12, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Where were you educated and why didn’t you pay attention you dimwit drug addict.

July 13, 2020 at 4:55 pm

Which dimwit? The MAGA guy or the other dimwit?