MASON CITY – The Marketing Department of North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) has received five marketing awards from the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations (NCMPR) in its regional award competition. NCMPR is the only organization that exclusively represents marketing and public relations professionals at community and technical colleges.
NIACC received Medallion Awards in these categories:
· Brochure — for the Performing Arts and Leadership brochure (Gold medal): This is an annual publication created to showcase the performances and lectures held on campus each year.
· Postcard — (Silver Medal): for a series of postcards designed and mailed to high school students during their senior year.
· Feature Writing — (Silver Medal): a feature story on Clear Lake High School student Kayla Kearns, winner of a state business competition who participated in NIACC entrepreneurial programs and classes during high school.
· Magazine — (Bronze Award): for InTouch, the glossy magazine for alumni and friends of the College.
· Government/ Community Relations Project — (Bronze Medal): for thank-you brochure to Iowa Legislators, which outlines funding they provided to the College for workforce training and adult education. The brochure outlines how the College is using those funds and how they benefit students.
The entries will also be entered in the NCMPR national competition. Winners will be announced in March 2015.