Two Mason City Casey Stores will be open 24 hours

This news story was published on January 11, 2012.

By Jody Spear and Kelley Meyer –

MASON CITY – Starting 11:00 pm, Sunday night, January 15th, two of Mason City’s Casey’s General Stores will officially stay open 24 hours a day.

The two stores that will be changing their hours are Casey’s on the corner of 19th Street SW and Taft Avenue and the corner of 12th Street NW and Pierce Avenue.

“We are doing this to better serve our community,” says Sherrie Oelschlager, Area Supervisor of Casey’s General Stores.

Along with convenience for the customer, it has provided more jobs.

“We have already hired eight more employees,” says Oelschlager.

Watch video:

11 Responses to Two Mason City Casey Stores will be open 24 hours

Glad to See It Reply Report comment

January 12, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I’m glad some companies are trying to pick up Mason City’s economy. It’s better than closing down and leaving people jobless. Many times I have passed Caseys late at night and thought that it would be nice if they were open. Thank You Caseys.

January 12, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I work at a Caseys and I love my job! To every job there are always pros and cons because everyone has different opinions on the way things are. Caseys works really good with your hours and the people working these over night hours are not being forced to do so, maybe it works better for them. I couldn’t find better pay starting off anywhere else. I support myself and my two children off of this job and we get by more than fine. People should look at this as more job opportunities and a postive change.

. Reply Report comment

January 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Atleast they provide jobs unlike those of you that choose to sit at home and choose not to have a job.

Gimly Reply Report comment

January 11, 2012 at 5:10 pm

A buddy and I were just talking about how Kum & Go was the only station open 24 hours. Like with all things, there are pros and cons. I live fairly close to a Casey’s and I agree that the amount of “loitering” will increase once this plan is put into affect. But then again, Im out late and I won’t have to drive further than I have to to get gas and/or a Candy bar.

LOLOLOLOL Reply Report comment

January 11, 2012 at 3:24 pm

YAY more crappy paying jobs at a place that does not treat their employees well at all! So get out there hire more drug dealers, thieves and other criminals to take from this company because you can pretty much get away with anything working for Casey’s!! And if you just do your job show up and work your butt off you will likely be fired may not be today or tomorrow but they will fire you!

John Reply Report comment

January 11, 2012 at 6:52 pm

At least it is work that you probably don”t do

LOLOLOLOL Reply Report comment

January 11, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Yup got that right John I don’t work 40+ hours a week have a college degree and support my children

John Bunnell Reply Report comment

January 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Hopefully the people that get work the night shift will be trained on their weapon of choice and allowed to use it, effectively. This property protected by, S&W 45LC.

mc Reply Report comment

January 11, 2012 at 2:20 pm

fast cash you mean 50 dollars and a trip to jail

Larry Reply Report comment

January 11, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Watch out for more gunfights. They will move towards the light.

lucky one Reply Report comment

January 11, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Considering how bad Mason City is getting, I wonder how long it will be before there is a middle of the night robbery. Too many crazy tweekers looking for fast cash.