Todd Blodgett Opinion: Art, Crack Cocaine & Influence-Peddling

This news story was published on September 27, 2021.

Todd Blodgett of Clear Lake Iowa is an accomplished writer and political strategist. He has been the most-popular writer in the history of the Globe Gazette, (which recently closed its headquarters), been published in numerous news publications, and has written a book, “Republican Crackhead.”

New York City art dealer Georges Berges, retained by Hunter Biden to sell his paintings, has signed a shady deal that’s justifiably raising suspicions. Under the terms of the sordid arrangement, Hunter and President Biden and White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki claim that Berges is trustworthy to keep secret the names of individuals who pay up to $500,000 for Biden’s paintings. However, Congressional Republicans who want to see the so-called ethics rules facilitated between the White House and Berges are being stonewalled. Psaki said, “We won’t know who they are, so there’s no scenario where they could provide influence.” Seriously? U.S. Rep. James Comer, the top Republican on the House Oversight Committee, told Berges that, “In other words, you’ll be the only person responsible for rooting out potential sophisticated, foreign disruptive agents’ access to the White House. That’s unacceptable.”

During my seven years as a drug addict in our nation’s capital city, I occasionally encountered cocaine pushers who, despite assuring junkies that their stuff was good, ripped us off. When challenged by cheated addicts who demanded refunds, such dubious dealers became profane and often threatened violence; some would skip the threats and promptly administer the beatdowns. Basically, oversight was nonexistent, with victims rarely getting justice. Circa 2003, in a crack house in S.E. Washington, D.C., a gargantuan drug pusher lied while trying to sell me $1,500 of rock – crack coke. “How do I know,” I asked, “that these five 8-balls are of equal quality to the sample I just smoked?” He replied, “Y’all axin’ a good question, my man. See, if I’se done sells ya some dukey” – ghetto jargon for fake drugs – “I’d hafta quit comin’ round ‘dis here hood. I’d be outta bidness, dude, and ‘dat be fo’ real.” His assurances came to mind recently, when Ms. Psaki promised skeptical journalists that Hunter’s arrangement is legitimate. But, “they’ve outsourced government ethics to an art dealer,” complained Walter Schaub, who, during the Obama-Biden administration, headed the US Office of Government Ethics. Mr. Schaub is correct.

When, following that 2003 drug transaction, it became apparent that the pusher had cheated me, I demanded he return my fifteen C-Notes. He cursed me with a word that rhymes with luck and yelled, “Y’all ain’t gettin’ S**T.” He then pulled a switchblade, flicked it open, and demanded, “Gimme ‘yo cell phone, sucka – right NOW!” As I reached into my pocket, he smiled, confidently, at his girlfriend. But once my loaded, .380 Ruger pocket pistol was aimed their way, his attitude instantly changed. “Toss the knife to the floor – slowly, to your left,” I ordered the thug, “and place your hands on top of your head.” Nodding to the stunned chick, I said, “That goes for you, too, sweetie.” There they stood, with their mouths agape, motionless, like some clueless ‘Jeopardy’ contestants stumped by the Daily Double.

They immediately complied when I warned, “Hands on your head, if you wanna keep ‘em; I don’t miss much at this range.” While another junkie removed the cretin’s wallet and counted out my Benjamins, I said, “you’re quitting your gig, you stupid thief. And if I see you around here again, you’ll be out of business – for real.” For the remaining two years of my addiction, he never reappeared. Rumor had it that he and his baby mama and their child moved to Cleveland, Ohio – where they gave up drug-dealing, became Christians, and started a legitimate hair-weave salon and sold fried chicken via street carts.

Admittedly, my method of meting out justice was as legal as the transaction which impelled the pusher to refund my dough. But it worked, which is what matters. After all, in the absence of any controlling authority, people – even taxpayers – can get ripped off. But what will work with Hunter, and his Pop?

Todd Blodgett is a renowned political writer who is also the author of ‘REPUBLICAN CRACKHEAD’. Mr. Blodgett served on President Reagan’s White House staff from 1985-87, and also worked for the first President Bush. He later worked for the Republican National Committee, and for the FBI. Blodgett lives in Tyler, Texas and Clear Lake, Iowa.

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

31 Responses to Todd Blodgett Opinion: Art, Crack Cocaine & Influence-Peddling

1. Suzy Q Reply Report comment

September 28, 2021 at 7:11 pm

Mr. B, when we read what you say, it is almost like when we watch Mr. Trump speak on the TV and hear him on the radio.

What you write up is so welcome to our eyes, we agree with you on just about everything.

You did a good deed when you got that drug dealer to stop selling dope. Nice that he now attends church and is making money selling his chicken.

A black man by the name of Bill used to make the best bbq chicken and ribs, right here in Mason. Maybe the man whose life you helped to turn around will someday start a place like the one Bill used to run. Not every black man has to sell drugs or play basketball or rob people.

I think Bill died.

September 29, 2021 at 7:06 am

Ah, another of those fake fans of TB.

• Mason City J.D. Reply Report comment

September 29, 2021 at 11:38 am

@ Anonymous – I vehemently oppose Toddy Boy’s neo-fascist politics, always have, and voted against his old man whenever Doc was on the ballot. I’m about as anti-Blodgett as one can be.

That said, he does seem to have an almost Trump-like hold on plenty of readers. Recently, a fellow Mason City lawyer told me that Carlyle Dalen’s office has learned that Toddy Boy got his daddy to intervene with Terry Branstad, who pardoned the Mason City man (a buddy of Todd’s) who is now charged with shooting his neighbor.

So, the man does have his fans, which probably include bloggers who post to this web site.

I doubt that this TB groupie is fake, is my point.

• Suzy Q Reply Report comment

September 29, 2021 at 12:20 pm

Anonymous, I am not fake, probably realer then you.

Suzy Q

• Nate Higgers Reply Report comment

September 29, 2021 at 6:05 pm

Do us a magic trick and pull your head out of lil’ toddie’s arse.

• Anonymous

October 1, 2021 at 8:58 am

Such an embarrassment to America, this Buffon.

2. Pee wee Reply Report comment

September 28, 2021 at 10:34 am

Todd you was a fish out of water, smoking all that crack in them hoods with them people. Why, I bet you your surprised your still alive.

If you would of not been armed, that drug thug might of sliced you, thank God for amendment #2.

Your columns are just the best.

3. Helen H. Reply Report comment

September 28, 2021 at 9:39 am

Love this story, Todd, you always tell it just like it is. You are such a good writer, we know some people that talk just like this druggy thug, that is just how they do sound.

Glad you got off the dope and made that thief give you back your money. As we were reading this, we were hoping you would have shot the pusher, not to kill but winged him, to stamp in the lesson.

But since he did like you told him to and got out of town, that’s good too. Now he knows God and earns a honest living with selling that chicken, we like that.

What is a hair weave.

September 28, 2021 at 8:17 am

Great article Todd and very true. Keep it up!

5. Chuck Town Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 10:40 pm

You did good Todd, got them dope pusher’s to go straight stop selling drugs, nice they went to selling fried chicken instead.

From the way that guy talks, I would bet his lady is real good at making fried chicken, them people know how to do it.

Great they found God become Christian’s, we need more, this Biden he is doing the devil’s work.

• Retired NIACC Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 11:45 pm

@ Chuck, are you trying to imply, based on your inference that Mr. Blodgett’s drug dealer was, in all probability, of a darker complexion, that members of minority groups are more skillful at cooking fried chicken than are people of other races?

• Chuck Town Reply Report comment

September 28, 2021 at 9:08 am

Damn straight.

• Darcy Reply Report comment

September 28, 2021 at 9:51 am

Ok NIACC, you can make all the fun you want, but alot of black folks are very good at doing food. It is a good thing this drug pusher found the Lord and try to go on a different path.

Look at the famous black people got rich on food. Aunt Jemima uncle Ben, how about them.

6. Bodacious is back Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 7:01 pm

Todd-o, if you want to talk about influence-peddling, why don’t you advocate to rid the United States of Citizens United? Ever since that decision by a conservative SCOTUS, corporations can and do pad politicians pocketbooks without restraint. Between 2010 and 2012, election spending tripled going from $21 million to $67 million. Sheldon Aldeson donated over $55 million in 2018. Richard Uihlein and his wife donated over $32 million in 2018. The overwhelming majority of Uihlein money went to Republicans, while all of Aldeson went to Republicans. That is more money than the total donations in 2012. Not to omit the Democrats, Tom Steyer, George Soros and others donated over $70 million to their campaigns.
    This is where the biggest problem is, not in the $500,000 amount you speak of. It is a problem alright, but nothing of the magnitude that Citizen’s United unleased upon this country.

• Todd Blodgett Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 9:00 pm

In reply to ‘Bo’: Valid points; largely, we agree.

In 2018, Soros gave $50 million, Tom Steyer kicked in another $70 million, and Michael Bloomberg (all Dems), gave $90 million – while Sheldon Adelson gave $123 million.

I favor a constitutional amendment which would overturn this ruling. I’m not a lawyer, but from what I can surmise, that procedure is probably the only way to do away with it – at least in the near to mid-term future.

7. Julie R. Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 6:03 pm

Good on you Mr. Markward to use this here. Mr. Blodgett is sooooo right, the Biden’s are wrecking our country, they must be stopped.

October 1, 2021 at 8:56 am

Satan must have started collecting his dues. That’s what happens when you put money and power ahead of anything else in life. The Devil is taking his mind.

8. Rory Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 5:33 pm

Thank you, NIT, for running this piece. It is one of the best columns I have read so far this whole year. Wish the Globb would run good stuff like it.

• NIT Publisher Reply Report comment

September 29, 2021 at 10:40 am

Well, no choice. Mr. Blodgett’s articles are simply too popular to not run. This is why he always was and forever will be the top writer ever paid by the now-defunct Globe Gazette. He truly was their only inspirational writer.

9. Mike & Donna Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 5:09 pm

LOL, crack house humor in a column about politics, only you can write this one, Todd.

We agree with you sir.

10. John Ridley Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 5:03 pm

Reads like masturbatory fan fiction.

• Ventura Vince Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 5:23 pm

Hey Ridley I seen what you put up on this sight a while back, it was on Sept. 3 @ 1:33 in the p.m., you did this:

“Sorry, I’ll be out of the country, Thailand and all those young boys await my arrival.”

What a real sorry POS you are, you perv, this sight is not for you.

Well Ok your a sicko. And you do know what the good book says do about your kind right, pedo?

Just you go away and stay off here.

• John Ridley Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 7:19 pm

Your inane and grammatically incorrect spiel gave me an aneurism, please go back to your spot between lil’ toddy’s cheeks.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Pee wee Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 8:09 pm

KMA you scum, KMA oh yes.

Your a looser, Ridley.

• Todd Blodgett Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 9:07 pm

Mr. Ridley: While you were poking fun at the errors in Vince’s post, you misspelled aneurysm.

“Those who live in glass houses … “

• John Ridley

September 27, 2021 at 11:31 pm

No, I didn’t. Please learn proper English usage.

11. Deb from Thornton Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 4:46 pm

Mr Blodget I love how you write stuff most us do not know about, put it in ways like what is going on in the big swamp out there in, DC.

12. MAGA 2020 2024 2028 2032 Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 4:04 pm

Hunter needs jail NOW and when DJT is reinstated as President he WILL BE

• Sharon D Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 4:42 pm

We sure hope so, Biden’s they are the biggest crooks in there since Obama.

I link this article to my brother in Ariz., well they loved it.

13. David W. Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 3:54 pm

Great read, so very true. Thank you, Todd.

14. Bud Reply Report comment

September 27, 2021 at 3:45 pm

Beautifel article Mr B, love your stuff, keep them coming!!!!!!!!