Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Founded October 1, 2010

Iowa crook beats taser, flees cops, is caught weeks later

This news story was published on January 31, 2016.
Advertise on NIT Subscribe to NIT

COUNCIL BLUFFS, IOWA – A wanted Iowa man was cornered by cops and tasered but it wasn’t enough to bring him down as he then fled into the woods and avoided capture for over two weeks.

Police say that on January 11, the Glenwood, Iowa Police Department attempted to stop a fleeing vehicle with suspect Rodney Kephart as the passenger. The vehicle crashed into a semi at the intersection of HWY 34 and Hilman Road in Glenwood, Iowa. Police attempted to subdue Kephart with a taser, which was ineffective. Kephart was able to flee into a wooded area and was last seen by a witness walking towards Pacific Junction; he was able to escape apprehension that day. Kephart had active warrants out of Council Bluffs for Probation Violation/Original Charges: Assault on a Police Officer, Carrying Weapons and Possession of Burglary tools.

On January 28th, Council Bluffs Police received a tip that Kephart may be staying at a residence in the 800 block of D Avenue. As officers approached the residence, Kephart ran out the back of the residence northbound. Officers engaged in a short foot pursuit with Kephart. After about a block, Kephart slipped and fell on the ice. He gave up at that time and was taken into custody without further incident or injury. Kephart was booked into Corrections for the Probation Violation warrant and will also have to address any warrants issued in Mills County for the January 11th incident.

Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 2.46.17 PM

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 characters available

One Response to Iowa crook beats taser, flees cops, is caught weeks later

  1. Just the facts Reply Report comment

    January 31, 2016 at 5:58 pm

    SHOCKING !!!!