County assessor set for arraignment on drunk driving charge

This news story was published on December 21, 2014.

MASON CITY – A Cerro Gordo county assessor will be arraigned next month on a drunk driving charge.

Cerro Gordo county assessor John Boedeker, age 63, was arrested for operating while intoxicated on November 21 by a Mason City police officer.

Boedeker was jailed and posted bond, pending a later court appearance.

A judge waived a substance abuse evaluation, records show, and then set a January 5, 2015 arrangement date.

Tom Drzycimski, a county employee manager, said employees of the city or county assessor’s offices are employees of their respective conference boards and not Cerro Gordo County.

John Boedeker INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

John Boedeker
INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

20 Responses to County assessor set for arraignment on drunk driving charge

1. FUBAR Reply Report comment

December 23, 2014 at 10:53 am

HEY PHILLY WHY IS YOUR NAME IN RED? ARE YOU ON PROBATION WITH NIT?

2. FUBAR Reply Report comment

December 23, 2014 at 10:52 am

MAYBE JUST A LASPE IN JUDGEMENT. JOHNS A GOOD GUY, 1 TOO MANY.

3. Philosophus Reply Report comment

December 22, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Take a look at Ron Minert’s step son who has been arrested for DUI 4 or 5 times and beat every single one of them. DUI’s are slam dunks for police officers. As soon as you blow through the PBT and it’s over the limit, you’re pretty much toast. But not this guy…All Ron Minert has to do is assign Yunek as an attorney and the 42 year old step son walks scot-free. One time he beat an OWI with 1/4 of coke in his glove box and a pound of weed in trunk. He assaulted a cop and eluded 2

• Philosophus Reply Report comment

December 22, 2014 at 8:46 pm

It’s just ONE of the reasons I left North Iowa, and won’t ever return. The place is just too far gone. It’s best if everyone of any intelligence and sense of justice just packs up and leaves.

• Buzz Crumcutter Reply Report comment

December 22, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Nothing yet you have ever said has held any water, neither will your statement about not ever returning. You will return, no question about it. In the pool, I have you will be back before April 15th 2015.

Have you met LVS for coffee yet?

• Philosophus Reply Report comment

December 23, 2014 at 1:34 am

Buzz for the sake of shits and giggles I’ll suspend my belief that you are the editor who is throwing out contrapuntal to mitigate the great wisdom of Philosophus so as not to scare away 75% of your conservative readership. But everything I write, no matter how wise or true, is smurfed by you because of your huge raging hardon for the military and loud pipes. I rubbed salt in your wounds, and you’re determined to see to my demise. You’re one of THOSE types: ideologue.

• Buzz Crumcutter

December 23, 2014 at 8:23 am

And so it goes…that little merry-go-round in your mind is making another loop. You are back to thinking that I’m the editor of NIT, even when you know better. But, nice deflection on your part. And for the sake of shits and giggles, just remember if you giggle too much you can shit yourself, but who am I telling you this. You are the master of dirty dancing.

So….its true about you not being a manny anymore?

• Philosophus

December 23, 2014 at 9:14 am

I’m still gainfully employed as a nanny. Manny the Nanny as I’m called by one of the asshole disgraced Wall Street guys who is barred from ever practicing again. (he hangs out with the disgraced MD who is trying to get his medical license back). What do these disgraced guys have in common? They are all Republican leaning Obama haters, much like yourselves, and they are all crooks in one way or another. Even the Jewish real estate mogul admitted to me he has stolen.

• Philosophus

December 23, 2014 at 9:19 am

They hate the President because their gig is up with Obama. They cannot function in an honest world, playing fair by the rules, and they hate it. They long for the glory days of GWBush when crooks got run of the place and they could get ahead. Under Obama they actually have to work for a living, and cannot freely run around scamming like they once did. You Iowa guys have different (more racist) reasons for hating the Prez…but out here it’s financial.

• Buzz Crumcutter

December 23, 2014 at 9:26 am

Odd isn’t it that you should pal around with a asshole disgraced Wall Street guy, a disgraced MD and a Jewish real estate mogul”. I smell birds of a feather here. That is unless you’ve soiled yourself again.

• Philosophus

December 23, 2014 at 9:32 am

In fact I’m hesitant to go in there anymore…I’ve switched locations because ultimately the bullshit has become too thick. Now I’m surrounded with older Jewish retirees. I hear a lot of talk about Israel, and those old Jews cuss like sailors. But the women around here are like filet mignon. A constant procession of hot women. I’ve already been asked out by a blonde at a gas station while I was pumping gas. North Iowa is a joke on too many levels.

• Philosophus

December 23, 2014 at 9:45 am

And for the record…the latest time, I was able to curb my enthusiasm, and it resulted only in a pissing. Hey, traffic here is hectic. I quickly stuffed my gym towel into my shorts and let go. At some point I’m going to have to unbolt the seat again and run it through the carwash. But I’m proud of myself, because that Starbucks was working on my backside something fierce. I’m gonna still need to go shopping for stadium cups soon.

• LVS

December 23, 2014 at 9:46 am

@Buzz-He is so dense he didn’t even pick up on your comment. If a gas station attendant tried to pick her/him up it must have been a lesbian.

• Philosophus

December 23, 2014 at 10:00 am

I’m thinking of marketing “Underwear Sponges” as my next product to work on. You know the situation…you round the corner thinking you’re home free…when POW…”Restroom closed for Cleaning” hits you. Quickly grab your underwear sponge, insert into your pants and release with a smile, confident you’ll be absorbed to the last drop. It could be a lifesaver.

• Buzz Crumcutter

December 23, 2014 at 10:51 am

@LVS…I think there are plenty of things he doesn’t pick up on. I’m guessing the Starbucks put a boot in his butt and told him to take his ramblings some place else. He gave the panhandlers a bad name.

• Philosophus

December 23, 2014 at 10:58 am

I’m at Starbucks right now you baffoon. I’m speaking with the MD and we we’re talking about how he doesn’t like George Lopez and that he donated a kidney to the owner of the Chicago White Sox and used to sit in the box with him. He doesn’t think Vegas needs a pro sports team and I said that while I don’t follow sports “why not?” Call it the Las Vegas Dice or Las Vegas Gamblers. Anyway…point being, I’M AT STARBUCKS…so enjoy that snow Holmes.

• LVS Reply Report comment

December 23, 2014 at 9:47 am

You are just pissed because for once you were held accountable for all of your DUI’s.

4. LVS Reply Report comment

December 22, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I will bet he gets off with probation at the most.

December 21, 2014 at 8:45 pm

His charges will be dismissed, guaranteed. The court system in Cerro Gordo county is an extremely flawed system.