Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Founded October 1, 2010


Garage fire extinguished Friday afternoon in Mason City (photos)


This news story was published on April 11, 2014.
Advertise on NIT Subscribe to NIT

MASON CITY – Details are still emerging, but a garage fire was extinguished Friday afternoon at the 1400 block of North Hampshire Place.

Mason City firefighters and police were at the scene.  The structure seemed to be a total loss.   A number of on-lookers had gathered at the scene, watching firefighters deal with the blaze.

“We got sprayed by some water,” one woman told NIT.  “We finally left, the smoke was too thick.”

The roof, for the most part, seemed to be totally engulfed in flame.

Soon, the danger was over.

DSCN1297

Fire rages

DSCN1307

Firefighter checks damage

DSCN1299

Onlookers near the scene

DSCN1306

Dense smoke

DSCN1298

Dense smoke

DSCN1311

Smoldering ruins

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 characters available

2 Responses to Garage fire extinguished Friday afternoon in Mason City (photos)

  1. Avatar

    just the facts Reply Report comment

    April 12, 2014 at 5:00 am

    Zat Max standin there?

  2. Avatar

    just the facts Reply Report comment

    April 12, 2014 at 4:57 am

    Ft