Breakthrough Web Design - 641-201-1459 - Build Your Online Presence
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the North Iowa Region
Expert Web Design
for your business

CALL 641-201-1459
• Founded 2010

Rodent removed from Mayor’s office

This news story was published on January 24, 2013.

city_hall1

City Hall, 10 1st Street NW

MASON CITY – Authorities were called to City Hall to remove a rodent from the Mayor’s office on Wednesday morning, January 23rd.

The previous evening, at least one rodent was spotted at a City Council work session meeting and chased out of the room, but not until at least one person was startled.

Both rodents were allegedly bats.  There was no immediate word on whether any bats, rats, mice, skunks or other rodents had been spotted at City Hall since.

15 Responses to Rodent removed from Mayor’s office

Jackson Reply Report comment

January 25, 2013 at 11:47 am

What’s more newsworthy is the reptile in the White House. What do we read about that? That’s the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

January 26, 2013 at 8:07 am

Yep, 800 lb gorilla in the white house and don’t forget all the stupid ass voters that put that ape in the white house!

We live in the dumbest culture in recent times. We are repeating all the mistakes of Rome.

Oh I forgot, the stupid voters don’t even know what Rome refers to.

Rome is the society they became so over taxed, so liberal, so lazy, so self indulged, ect. that Rome’s government collapsed.

America is headed in the very same direction!!!!

senior native Reply Report comment

January 25, 2013 at 11:37 am

They should have removed the mayor and left the bat.

JBJ Reply Report comment

January 25, 2013 at 7:31 am

One walks while the other can fly. But the thing they have one common is there want you blood and will suck you dry

blog Reply Report comment

January 25, 2013 at 7:00 am

How long did it take them to figure out it was turncoat and anderson. Probably was hard to tell with them both under his desk.

Watchdog Reply Report comment

January 24, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Well, I logged on and saw the headlines to this story.

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants without reading any of the blogs. Then I read the blogs and the laughs continue.

A good laugh is a great way to end my day down here in Panama City Beach, Florida? Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Rodent or weasel, this was so worth logging on.

Thanks Matt for a great laugh. Only in TRUTH there is humor!!!

January 24, 2013 at 10:37 pm

How could ya tell the difference?????

Really!! Reply Report comment

January 24, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Must be a slow day in Mason City. This is news??

Joe Reply Report comment

January 24, 2013 at 8:29 pm

That’s no ordinary rat, that’s our mayor…King Rat! I was in city hall this week to pay my $100 water bill and I couldn’t tell the difference, after the costly remodel. Waste of our money!

John Kreese Reply Report comment

January 24, 2013 at 5:49 pm

I almost fell off my couch when I read this headline! April fools a little early!

January 24, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Bats aren’t rodents.
    Info from National Geographic:
    Myth 5: Bats are rodents.
    Bats are no more related to rodents than humans are. Evolution studies show that bats are more closely related to primates than to rodents

January 24, 2013 at 4:54 pm

mice, rats, squirrels, porcupines, beavers, guinea pigs, hamsters, bookmeyer, anderson are considered rodents.

wkruse1 Reply Report comment

January 24, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Hehehehehe that one is funny. Agreed.

January 24, 2013 at 4:22 pm

When I first saw this headline, I thought, Oh, good. The City Council finally impeached Bookmeyer.