DES MOINES – Governor Terry Branstad and Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds are pleased to honor five Iowa firefighters with the 2014 Sullivan Brother’s Award of Valor.
The award ceremony will be held on Tuesday, October 21, 2014, at 2:00PM in the Governor’s Office.
Every day, men and women in uniform quietly serve, sacrificing their safety to keep our Iowa communities safe and secure. The Sullivan Brother’s Award of Valor is given to peace officers, firefighters and EMS personnel, who, while serving in an official capacity, distinguished themselves by the performance of a heroic act in excess of normal demands of police or fire service, where the person was fully aware of the threat to his or her personal safety.
This year, the Governor and Lt. Governor will honor the following professionals with the Sullivan Brother’s Award of Valor:
- Captain Russ Bell, Milford Fire Department
- Firefighter Doug Heller, Milford Fire Department
- Firefighter Josh Lieb, Milford Fire Department
- Firefighter Casey Carpenter, Milford Fire Department
- Chief Bill Hook, Cambridge & Union Township Fire and Rescue Department