by Jody Spear and Kelly Meyer –
MASON CITY – Tuesday at 6:40 pm, the Mason City Fire Department responded to a call for a fire at 229 10th St NW.
It was reported that flames were seen in an upstairs room. At the scene, the fire fighters were fanning out the smoke and opening windows to let the house air out.
According to a report, upon arrival, fire fighters extinguished a melted extension cord and ventilated up stairs of smoke. Fire Department determined most probable cause of the fire to be an electrical short in a extension cord. The report showed no injuries and damage was minimal.
Mason City Police Department were at the location assisting.