City moves to collect unpaid service charges

This news story was published on February 20, 2012.

by Matt Marquardt –

MASON CITY – The City of Mason City is looking to collect on some debts.

In a City Hall memo, City Administrator Brent Trout  says the City is “moving to clear the books of outstanding service charges.”  If approved by the City Council, the County Treasurer would be authorized to collect the unpaid charges.  Trout said the charges go against the property and are collected with ordinary property taxes.

The City Council will vote on this measure at Tuesday night’s meeting.

12 Responses to City moves to collect unpaid service charges

Trying to leave MC Reply Report comment

February 20, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Mason City will do whatever it takes to drive people away and discourage businesses from staying or coming to this town.

I think it’s hilarious that businesses leave town to relocate less than 10 miles away..Ask ANY landlord if they regret having propery in MC and I’m sure you will hear a resounding yes. This town is anti-business and anti-growth.

February 20, 2012 at 9:07 pm

You can thank the Chamber of Commerce for the “no growth”.

HUH??? Reply Report comment

February 20, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I am sure you can spell that out for us with your infinite wisdom!

February 20, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Sign of the times. Enjoy your Agenda 21 communist government.

You idiots in Mason City have lost your freedom and are to stupid to know it.

February 20, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I am soooooooo glad I don’t live there!

You love it and you know it... Reply Report comment

February 20, 2012 at 5:15 pm

You obviously miss it, you keep checking in on us! Odd, I dont know any rights I am missing… awoke with the same ones I went to bed with! Do tell, what did I/we lose for freedoms? And please, share with us where we should move!!!! I think I am jealous… no, wait, that wasnt jealousy, it was apathy!!!

February 20, 2012 at 6:51 pm

You are TOO stupid to use TOO. That is all.

Stuck For Now Reply Report comment

February 20, 2012 at 9:05 pm

“to” was the correct application. To, meaning toward meaning, toward stupid.

Get a grip.

I do live here and I think the post is correct in his observation. If you like being fleeced out of your money by city hall, then you fit the “stupid” label perfectly!

I wish I could leave but currently stuck until my contract is up. Then, I am out of her too!

Interesting.... Reply Report comment

February 20, 2012 at 3:55 pm

If I have the correct “Paulsen”, couldnt he have fixed his own sidewalk for free? HHHHmmmm!!! I smell an issue… probably something to do with Bookie and Turncoat… has to be!

Hi Reply Report comment

February 20, 2012 at 9:16 pm

If you look on line Latham and Paulsen sold the house on contract. The folk’s who bought it owe the money.

amanda Reply Report comment

February 20, 2012 at 3:53 pm

first, why is the city now worried about a $500 water bill, when they let the fairgrounds have a $30,000 one
    second, why was it allowed to get high in the first place.

what bookmeyer need for money to waste on something no one needs?

50 miles south Reply Report comment

February 22, 2012 at 12:30 am

if the fairgrounds owes $30,000, why is their name withheld on the list?? is this list complete??