Socialize

FacebookTwitterYoutube

Op-ed: Advice for Todd Blodgett (by Peter Children)

Todd Blodgett in the Oval Office with Ronald Reagan, 1988 - Official White House photo

Todd Blodgett in the Oval Office with Ronald Reagan, 1988
- Official White House photo

Well the Blodgett boys are on deck once more; this time it’s Todd the gunslinger. Today’s subject is Obama’s academic records, his grades, something, anything that the Republicans can grab onto without tearing the white sheets they’re wrapped in.

NIT Subscribers may log in to read this story.
Please subscribe here for full access to NorthIowaToday.com.

Print Friendly
Posted on September 19, 2012. Filed under Watercooler.
Add Comment Register

52 Responses to Op-ed: Advice for Todd Blodgett (by Peter Children)

1. Knows Blodget Reply Report comment

September 24, 2012 at 8:37 am

Mr Children I dont think Blodget look for trouble, he just dont take nothing off nobody. Yes to my way of thinking he goes to far some times, yes he should get control of his temper better of course. But over all it is good to have them like Blodgett around to keep them that needs it in line. These dboyz are up to no good I say take them down.

• Peter Children Reply Report comment

September 26, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Tod’s a pussy cat, he wouldn’t hurt anyone it’s just not his nature. He is just too nice to be called a gun slinger. How many people has he shot?

2. Peter Children Reply Report comment

September 24, 2012 at 7:55 am

I have traveled the world more than once, never was I armed. 99% of the time I was in large metropolitan cities. I was never in trouble because I did not look for it.

I am of the generation that belieces the law should be armed because it’s what they do. Maybe retired law officers as well…but you are adding to trouble by allowing everyone to carry. Now in your own home….that’s different.

September 24, 2012 at 8:03 am

You should read some statistics sometime. Data always gets in the way of “feelings”.

3. Suzie Q Reply Report comment

September 23, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Our neighbor is retired CL police man, he told us yesterday he is glad Todd Blodgett carries a gun on him. I say horray to anybody that do not allow these bad people to push us around and will get rid of them, definitley.

4. Laker Forever Reply Report comment

September 23, 2012 at 2:43 pm

So you won’t apologize. Sorry for you, Observer. Your anemic attempt to justify your racism is sick. Bigots like you who make fun of our most impoverished (economically and educationally) are what keeps at-risk people like this man down. You and Todd Blodgett must belong to the same gun club?

5. Cathy Reply Report comment

September 23, 2012 at 10:35 am

Are you saying bars that don’t allow guns have to let trigger happy fascists in, if these nuts have permits to carry?

September 23, 2012 at 11:26 am

If a person who can legally carry a weapon goes into a establishment that has it posted that guns are not allowed can and will be asked to leave. If this person does not leave the establishment can call the law. The law will come and ask the person to leave. If the person does not leave he can be arrested for trespassing.

6. another anonymous Reply Report comment

September 22, 2012 at 8:17 pm

You people are glorifying a far right lunatic who is known to go around while armed with a loaded gun. It is still against the law to take weapons into bars, even if he has a conceal carry permit you know.

September 23, 2012 at 8:51 am

It is not illegal to carry a concealed weapon into a bar if you have your concealed permit. The establishment may have it posted that no guns are allowed inside, which still does not make it illegal. It is however illegal to have a concealed weapon in a bar if you are legally intoxicated.

7. anonymous Reply Report comment

September 21, 2012 at 10:14 am

You Yahoos that want Todd Blodgett going around shooting poor people scare me. That gun-toting, politically connected fascist nutcase is a menace to society, and you bigots want him ridding the North End of people you hate. You’re all crazy.

• LVS Reply Report comment

September 21, 2012 at 10:36 am

Oh Anymousey-we don’t want him to shoot everyone> Just bigmouths like you.

8. Ventura Vince Reply Report comment

September 20, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Yes Blodgett is the right choice to run them scum off, he don’t take no guff off nobody. We got a Republecan sherriff here, and Blodgetts daddy is in good with Branstad, and Todd Blodgett knows FBI big shots and all them powers to be so he can shoot them scum dead, no problem to him yes.

9. Laker Forever Reply Report comment

September 20, 2012 at 9:39 am

You should be ashamed of yourself, Observer, for admonishing the blogger for his english. I know what the man is saying, he’s upset with Blodgett for having discriminated against him. I implore you to have a heart, and show some understanding for what some unfortunate people must deal with.

• Observer Reply Report comment

September 23, 2012 at 9:08 am

I am not ashamed of myself over what I said. The citizens of our community, or what ever community he or she came from, who paid for his education should be ashamed.

If a person is going to communicate with others, he or she has to speak (or in this case, type) in a language everone can undestand. Otherwise, what is the use?

I want to see him or her write like that on a resume, see how far it gets him! I can tell you, directly into the litter bin!

10. pee wee Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Hey Bad Azz don’t bitch to us how you and your Dboyz must of pick the wrong guy to try to roll, this is not the first time you come on here crying about how Blodgett suprise you and the homeys with his gun. Oh my boo hoo. You and the brothers didnt think a white man would of had a piece on him, did you well too damn bad. I say go cry some place else.

11. concernedcitizen Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 6:51 pm

All these politicians open their mouths without thinking. Obama has done it many times and his wife did it when she said in the first campaign, that was the first time in her life she was proud to be an American. What????????????? If she hated it here so bad before, why didn’t she move to some other country. And then they put her in as first lady. Now, Romney tells the truth and people don’t want to hear it so now hes in trouble. I am a registered Democrat, but I have had enough of Obama spending our money and sending it out of the country instead of helping people here that need it. Oh, yah, and where are all the jobs he has created? I am still looking for one.

12. blog Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I really don’t care about Obamas grades in school. What I do care about is the fact that he is creating a society of dead beats living off us that work. Come one and all illegal welcome just vote for me. Still like your writing peter even though your an Obama fan.

Romney 2013

13. Faye Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 4:43 pm

This must be the teenagers site, the the way every is acting

14. Bobby G Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I see said the blind man.

September 26, 2012 at 10:57 am

as he picked up his hammer and saw

15. MC bad azz Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 4:41 pm

U racist crackas thats sayin Todd Blodgett get a excmptions to blast homeys be evil Im sayin. yo Mr Todd best chill an if Blodgett ever agin pull he piece on me and my dboyz like he done did b4 he gettin it bad we would of beat he white honky azz if he aint been strap thats 4 real bcuz homeys we aint playin.

• Observer Reply Report comment

September 20, 2012 at 9:02 am

Now explain in english what you said.

• Watchdog Reply Report comment

September 21, 2012 at 9:25 pm

only a coward talks this kind of trash.

16. Bobby G. Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Your not the only one name Bobby G, Bobby G, notice I put a period on mine.

17. Bobby G Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 4:25 pm

What’s the deal with the red usernames? I never made the statement that is in red.

• Katie Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 4:26 pm

You put your name in the web page area instead of the name area, I believe.

• Katie Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Oh, I needed to read what you wrote more carefully. Someone else used your name in the web page area instead of you, trying to pretend to be you, perhaps. Maybe Matt needs to figure out a way to block people from using registered users’ names that way. However, this poster added a period after the G so it would have defeated that filter.

18. Bobby G. Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 3:33 pm

If MC PD give Todd Blodgett free rein to go after our homeys, the dboyz in MC = DOA, & MC KFC = SOL.

• concerned Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I am growing tired of MR. Children viewing anyone who disagrees with him some kind of racist.

19. Observer Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 2:00 pm

“Children should consider himself lucky Todd Blodgett is a good sport or he could find himself staring down the barrel of a .45, the man means business.”

Over comments such as in this article? I would welcome such a thing. Without proper justification, no barrel of a gun, I don’t care what caliber, would silence me.

Freedom of speech is built upon the fact that we can freely state our opinions without the fear of ne’er-do-wells, government censure, and gunslingers.

I don’t agree Carte Blanche with everything Mr. Children writes, or for that matter, the ideals of Mr. Blodgett. However as the quote goes, “I will fight to the death their right to say it!”. Only please, to make a point, no gun is required.

20. Kunstler's Ghost Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 1:04 pm

rMoney will never be President.

21. Suzie Q Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 1:01 pm

It does seem to me that Mr Todd Blodgett is the right man for the job to run the bad boys out of town, I am all for it. But doesnt this require giving him some kind of exemption to let him have a free hand? I think it does, yes. Let’s do this people! PS he might even work for free, who knows.

22. Laker Forever Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Why would Blodgett sell siding when he made a fortune off his racist record company? According to online articles, the Nazi Bill Pierce gave Blodgett $250,000 for his stock shares in Resistance Records, Inc., and that was after Blodgett made wads of money from another Nazi, William Carto, and from the practice of white supremist violence.

23. Jimmy Dean Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I hear Blodget is good friends with Urdal, just like Pete says. Our neighbor said she seen Blodget put the fear a God in to some dboyz around years ago, may be your right about Blodget being the man to clean up Mason.

24. Charlene Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 11:29 am

• bartender Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 11:52 am

No doubt. Look at the foolz at the Katz that got yellow and left after TB gave them the stare down. I think he could clean up the north end easily if the PD would hire him.

25. ConcernedCitizen Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 11:13 am

Oh, Peter! Every week, I ask myself why do I continue to give this guy’s article page hits. I’ve decided I must just enjoy watching train wrecks. Let it be known, I have no relation to Blodgett, so I am not here to defend him. I’m just here to ask if anyone has a wrecking crane big enough to knock that big chip off Peter Children’s shoulder. You’ve blasted African Americans, said that your side of town is better than everyone elses, and now you’re picking a personal fight. Isn’t there anything intelligent you have to add to any conversation?

September 19, 2012 at 10:28 am

Todd is AWESOME and Peter You Sir Well You’re A NUT JOB!

• Peter Children Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 10:31 am

For the record, Todd and I are the best of friends. If you don’t believe me just ask him.

27. Just the facts Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 10:01 am

He won’t need a gun. Your already loaded,,,,,,,,,,,,, with bullcrap !!!!!

28. LVS Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 9:59 am

Listen you damn JERK, not all siding salesman are crooks just because you were doesn’t mean the rest of us were and I resent you telling everyone that all the time. I sold siding, windows, doors and remodeling for years and even had my own business in Texas and never cheated anyone. I sold a good product at a good price and stood behind it. If you worked for the High Pressure sales guys in Mason City (yes, I know who they are)then that makes you the slimy sales guy not me.

• Peter Children Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 10:25 am

Watch out here; you’re going to get excited and in getting all worked up you just might reveal your identity. Its not hard to find out who ran siding in Texas.

• LVS Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 11:03 am

You can try but Texas is a big state.

• LVS Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 11:10 am

I am not ashamed of using my real name when there is a reason for it and I have used it on some of my commenents. You seem to have a real problem with trying to insult people you don’t even know with your comments. First you try to tear down the North End at every opportunity and now you try to insinuate that all siding and window salesman are crooked and that is just not true. I would think a man your age would think before putting some thing in print.

• Peter Children Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 11:13 am

But people like you leave an odor that’s unmistakable

• FREE advice Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Well I see this article was posted for the free lookers. It should have gone into the pay section for then I wouldn’t have wasted my time on it.

• LVS Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 3:10 pm

You sir are the one who is so full of crap it is coming out of your ears. There is no fool like a old fool and you sure qualify.

• anonymous Reply Report comment

September 19, 2012 at 8:13 pm

LVS@ How come you know that ALL muslims want to kill us but Peter can’t know that all you siding salesman are crooks? Hypocrite siding crook!

• LVS Reply Report comment

September 20, 2012 at 9:37 am

ANYMOUSEY-The Muslim thing is my personal belief and he is stating what he thinks is a fact. Or more likely he is just being his usual smart crap. re you one of those turn the other cheek people who think the Muslims are just misunderstood. Everything they have ever done or said says they want to kill us and hate the United States. Are you BLIND or just plain STUPID.

• anonymous Reply Report comment

September 20, 2012 at 7:50 pm

LVS@ Not blind or stupid. I refuse to blame a whole race or religon because of what some in that group has done to me. Since the crusades when christains tried to eliminate all muslims they have preached the same hate that you are. The US. has been in bed with many dictators that have killed and tortured muslim familys. That is why they hate the US. Just like you they have passed that hate down for generations. You have only been at it since 9/11 I’m guessing. Like you they refuse to turn the other cheek so you are just the same as them. If some siding salesman killed one of my family I would have no problem hunting them down and putting a slug in their head, but I will not hate them all because it makes no sense. So you just keep up the hate like Hitler or the KKK you will have your followers but in the end all you haters will pay!