News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the North Iowa Region
Now is the time to build your NEW WEBSITE.
Visit the pro's at Breakthrough Web Design.
Serving numerous local businesses.
• Founded 2010

Op-ed: Advice for Todd Blodgett (by Peter Children)

This news story was published on September 19, 2012.

Todd Blodgett in the Oval Office with Ronald Reagan, 1988 - Official White House photo

Todd Blodgett in the Oval Office with Ronald Reagan, 1988
– Official White House photo

Well the Blodgett boys are on deck once more; this time it’s Todd the gunslinger. Today’s subject is Obama’s academic records, his grades, something, anything that the Republicans can grab onto without tearing the white sheets they’re wrapped in.

My advice to “fast draw” is to study this morning’s polls where he’ll quickly find out that Barack is cleaning Romeny’s clock across the board in every field including the economy.  Harry Truman dropped the atomic bomb and ended World War II…..and he did it without a college degree; damn him anyway, if we’d of only known we could have stopped him. The pure audacity of such a thing is beyond belief.

Todd missed his calling; he would have been a crackerjack siding salesman, still could be if he had any inclination to seek employment. Todd is very articulate himself, has an impressive collection of degrees that he could fall back on anytime he wanted to enter the workforce.  I know for certain his favorite County Supervisor Jay Urdal would get him a job working for Cerro Gordo County anytime he wanted to.

In the same amount of time it took Todd to research and gather all the facts and figures he detailed in today’s Globe Gazette editorial, he could have closed a siding deal and made some real money. But then maybe that’s what he is trying to do here….sell us all aluminum siding disguised as manure that he’s trying to shovel down your throat this morning.

Todd could have my old siding sample case; it’s true I once sold tin, but then I found Jesus and completely turned my life around.  If Todd would only reach out to me and take my hand I will gladly show him the path to righteousness…..but he cannot bring the gun.

Peter Children

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave your comment:

52 Responses to Op-ed: Advice for Todd Blodgett (by Peter Children)

1. Knows Blodget Reply Report comment

September 24, 2012 at 8:37 am

Mr Children I dont think Blodget look for trouble, he just dont take nothing off nobody. Yes to my way of thinking he goes to far some times, yes he should get control of his temper better of course. But over all it is good to have them like Blodgett around to keep them that needs it in line. These dboyz are up to no good I say take them down.

• Peter Children Reply Report comment

September 26, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Tod’s a pussy cat, he wouldn’t hurt anyone it’s just not his nature. He is just too nice to be called a gun slinger. How many people has he shot?

2. Peter Children Reply Report comment

September 24, 2012 at 7:55 am

I have traveled the world more than once, never was I armed. 99% of the time I was in large metropolitan cities. I was never in trouble because I did not look for it.

I am of the generation that belieces the law should be armed because it’s what they do. Maybe retired law officers as well…but you are adding to trouble by allowing everyone to carry. Now in your own home….that’s different.

September 24, 2012 at 8:03 am

You should read some statistics sometime. Data always gets in the way of “feelings”.

3. Suzie Q Reply Report comment

September 23, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Our neighbor is retired CL police man, he told us yesterday he is glad Todd Blodgett carries a gun on him. I say horray to anybody that do not allow these bad people to push us around and will get rid of them, definitley.

4. Laker Forever Reply Report comment

September 23, 2012 at 2:43 pm

So you won’t apologize. Sorry for you, Observer. Your anemic attempt to justify your racism is sick. Bigots like you who make fun of our most impoverished (economically and educationally) are what keeps at-risk people like this man down. You and Todd Blodgett must belong to the same gun club?

5. Cathy Reply Report comment

September 23, 2012 at 10:35 am

Are you saying bars that don’t allow guns have to let trigger happy fascists in, if these nuts have permits to carry?

September 23, 2012 at 11:26 am

If a person who can legally carry a weapon goes into a establishment that has it posted that guns are not allowed can and will be asked to leave. If this person does not leave the establishment can call the law. The law will come and ask the person to leave. If the person does not leave he can be arrested for trespassing.

6. another anonymous Reply Report comment

September 22, 2012 at 8:17 pm

You people are glorifying a far right lunatic who is known to go around while armed with a loaded gun. It is still against the law to take weapons into bars, even if he has a conceal carry permit you know.

September 23, 2012 at 8:51 am

It is not illegal to carry a concealed weapon into a bar if you have your concealed permit. The establishment may have it posted that no guns are allowed inside, which still does not make it illegal. It is however illegal to have a concealed weapon in a bar if you are legally intoxicated.

7. anonymous Reply Report comment

September 21, 2012 at 10:14 am

You Yahoos that want Todd Blodgett going around shooting poor people scare me. That gun-toting, politically connected fascist nutcase is a menace to society, and you bigots want him ridding the North End of people you hate. You’re all crazy.

• LVS

LVS Reply Report comment

September 21, 2012 at 10:36 am

Oh Anymousey-we don’t want him to shoot everyone> Just bigmouths like you.