Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the North Iowa Region

Mason City police investigate shooting

This news story was published on November 12, 2015.

Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 12.33.51 PMMASON CITY – A man arrived at Mercy Hospital Wednesday with a gunshot wound, prompting a call to police and now an investigation.

Police said today that on Wednesday, November 11 at about 11:PM, the MCPD was called by Mercy Hospital emergency room regarding a patient they had in their care with an apparent gunshot wound.

Police began an investigation, and discovered that the shooting took place in the 200 block of 6th Street NW, and evidence of a shooting was found at the scene.

The victim’s name was not released, but police said he was a 21-year-old male. He told police that when he was leaving a house in the area of the 200 block of 6th NW, he saw a small, gray car parked in the street and an occupant of the vehicle began to fire a gun at him. Multiple rounds were fired and the victim was struck in the upper torso. He was taken to the emergency room by private vehicle. He was treated and released.

Police are asking for tips on tis incident from the public. Call the MCPD at 641-421-3636 with any information.

15 Responses to Mason City police investigate shooting

LVS Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Sounds like a drug deal gone bad.

Dirty Harry Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Guns for all! Its our right to kill one another. Get over it.

David Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 4:32 pm

It is my right to defend myself, if it leads to a lethal encounter that is not my fault. Killing someone is never on my list of things to do but that doesn’t mean I won’t do it if backed in a corner.

Frenchie Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm

The NRA wet dream

LVS Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 6:05 pm

I wonder if Lagios read this. I also wonder if he knows he has been turned in to Homeland Security for his anti- American remarks. He is just the kind of pimple they want to know about.

Buzz Crumcutter Reply Report comment

November 13, 2015 at 9:11 am

And I wonder if its time for Peter Lagios to make another trip to the fifth floor of Mercy Hospital?

“Successful Community activist” Hahaha, that’s a classic. It’s also akin to saying you are a successful business man and model citizen.

I feel COMMUNITY SLUG is more of an appropriate title for you.

David Reply Report comment

November 13, 2015 at 9:15 am

How about a physical and emotional drain on society?

Sad But True Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 1:04 pm

I have noticed the Globe, and our MCPD don’t like to let us know about shootings, stabbings, bodies being found at various locations around town?
    I know this probably isn’t what the chamber wants you to read about, but I certainly think the public deserves to know, who, what , when, how?
    Body in Hanford park last week, body at Lime Creek nature center? Also really deserve to hear more about the multiple fights and happenings at MCHS? Again, these are not what administrators like you to know about, but people deserve to know the whole story about

Buzz Crumcutter Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 2:43 pm

You’re the only moron that’s talking about it.

November 12, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I think there also was a body in east park too

David Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 4:30 pm

So you expect matt to print a story here on something that was your imagination? I do believe he has better class than that. Maybe that Somalian was just looking for a date?

Savage Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 6:54 pm

I don’t think they report on suicides.

November 13, 2015 at 2:45 am

These days it’s hard to tell if they really are suicides

Larry Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Was this guy the intended target? Is this isolated or is there a gray car driving around town shooting at people?

• NIT Publisher

NIT Publisher Reply Report comment

November 12, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Great questions. Let’s hope the police get to the bottom of this.