Socialize

FacebookTwitterYoutube

Quick thinking McDonalds’ worker leads to arrest of alleged drunk driver

MASON CITY – Shortly after 5am Sunday morning, a quick thinking McDonalds’ worker called Mason City Police Department to report a possible drunk driver that had just ordered food at the McDonalds at 1651 SW 4th Street.

NIT Subscribers may log in to read this story.
Please subscribe here for full access to NorthIowaToday.com.

Print Friendly
Posted on February 18, 2013. Filed under Watercooler.
Add Comment Register

22 Responses to Quick thinking McDonalds’ worker leads to arrest of alleged drunk driver

1. Thank you Reply Report comment

February 22, 2013 at 6:46 am

This worker seem smarter the most of the ones who post on this site. Thank goodness someone can use good judgement. One less problem I have to dead with on the way to work.

2. sugar daddy's girl Reply Report comment

February 22, 2013 at 6:43 am

After reading some of these “enlighten” coments, I now know why this country is no longer a country to look up to.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

February 24, 2013 at 6:26 pm

This country went bad far before I started posting on the internet sugar baby.

3. Observer Reply Report comment

February 19, 2013 at 7:36 pm

“My parents never ever was like that ever I had a job since I was 1 and I live on my own go to college and work I live in a different state then my fam. “ [sic]

After reading her comment, it is hard to believe she is a college student, unless the standards have been lowered to fifth grade writing and fourth grade spelling for entrance exams.

” Men & women drive drunk all the time and not crucified.”

I hope you are not justifying the practice of driving drunk. “Just because everyone else does it…..”

“….however sick people who use cannabis will be thrown to the wolves and all worldly possessions will be given to the kings enforcers. “

The use of pot is illegal. There are pills you can take by prescription which contains the same chemicals. And, the ingestion of those pills are legal. As I would tell Peter L, just because you like your pot does not mean the rest of us have to put up with the stoned behaviors and attitudes.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

February 19, 2013 at 7:48 pm

How in the world would you ever presume to know what I like?
      You said, “the use of pot is illegal”. I guess that would depend on where one lives wouldn’t it?

“There are pills you can take by prescription which contains the same chemicals.”

No there’s not. That’s a disingenuous statement. It’s why aids patients in metro areas can’t use it and find it ineffective. At least make an effort to study if you want to address me sir.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

February 21, 2013 at 12:26 pm

If Marinol is the same, then why does the US provide it’s cannabis patients with a tin of marijuana cigarettes?

Come on short bus. At least take the time to study an issue instead of living with your head up a horses ass.

4. memyselfandi Reply Report comment

February 19, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Anyone who drives drunk should get automatic 30 days in jail.

5. SomePeoplesKids Reply Report comment

February 19, 2013 at 4:51 am

Haley Smith works at Whiskey Creek in Mason City, if you have her as a waitress, do not leave her a tip! Just simply write on the tip line or napkin, Drinking and Driving is STUPID…Good Day
    She has no remorse for what she did, from the looks of the NIM comments, her and her friends don’t think its a big deal because nobody got hurt. Todays youth will be the downfall of this nation. Sad but true…

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

February 19, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Well, first of all drinking and driving is NOT illegal at all. OVER drinking and driving is. We can all drink and drive to a degree, however sick people who use cannabis will be thrown to the wolves and all worldly possessions will be given to the kings enforcers.

Now THAT’S the real America we all know and love.

• memyselfandi Reply Report comment

February 19, 2013 at 7:13 pm

This might be the one and only time she’s done or will do it. Back off bozo. Men & women drive drunk all the time and not crucified. How is trying to mess up her whole life going to help her. Go crucify the a-holes coming out of bars at 2 a.m. EVERY Fr. nite. You’re more pathetic than she is.

• Frank Needler Reply Report comment

February 19, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Mainly women who drive drunk that’s a fact out there no one wants to embrace but just look at mugshots it’s almost always a woman.

• MsAnneNY Reply Report comment

February 21, 2013 at 3:40 pm

How about the fact that she is a 2 full yrs away from being legally old enough to purchase alcohol? The legal limit for under 21 to drive with alcohol in their system is 0.02. Her BAC was 0.2.
        I doubt this was her first time drinking and driving, I doubt it’ll be her last based off her attitude she displayed under her mugshot. She thought it was a joke til ppl came down on her. Then she got defensive saying she could do whatever she pleased. Then when that didn’t work she tried the everyone is mean, picking on me, I’m only a kid tactic. She also said her boss at Whiskey Creek thought the whole thing was funny. Nice to know management thinks underage drinking, by an employee in a blackout state, is something to laugh about.

6. MsAnneNY Reply Report comment

February 18, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Last night under her mugshot on NIM she posted this to explain her self: Haley Smith
    My parents never ever was like that ever I had a job since I was 1 and I live on my own go to college and work I live in a different state then my fam. That’s the first time I went to jail and I cried the whole time you guys think u know me when you don’t I don’t even remember going to mc donalds I was sooo drunk and yes I shouldn’t of drove idk why but jeez do you guys want me to kill my self bc that’s how you guys are acting like I’m the biggest piece of shit ..well thanks out of anyone dying from a reck it would of been me.. thanks tho

This is what scares me: “… I don’t even remember going to mc donalds I was sooo drunk…”

February 18, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Times ‘have’ changed. It’s not cool to be a drunk driver anymore. Has anyone known someone to be killed by a drunk driving accident, either the drunkard or the victim? I have, and it’s a sad situation all around both for the victim who is now dead and the drunkard who has to live with what happened for the rest of their life. I know not everyone who drives drunk gets in accidents and I know that not all accidents end in a death, but wouldn’t a reasonable person think that the drunkard has a much higher chance of being in an accident? Driving drunk shouldn’t happen in the first place.

• another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

February 18, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Actually, I’m as much or more concerned about texting and driving today.

February 18, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Not having concentration on driving is the problem and both drunk driving and texting and driving are equal contributors. Both are dangerous. It’s the same as if someone were putting on makeup or looking at a map or working on their laptop or picking something up off the floor. Be smart about driving and there wouldn’t be as many accidents. The killer for me is when people knowingly in advance go out and drink and make no arrangements to get home other than their vehicle. It’d at least be more palatable for me if they could guarantee that if they were to get in an accident that they’d be the only one involved.

8. another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

February 18, 2013 at 12:00 pm

It’s funny, in the old days after the bars closed everybody in Perkins was drunk. It’s what you did after “drankin’”. Now the grand children tell on customers and it’s makes us proud. Oh my how we’ve changed.

9. another brick in the mall Reply Report comment

February 18, 2013 at 11:12 am

Drinkers make mental note…”Don’t go to Mac and Don’s drunk”.

• word Reply Report comment

February 18, 2013 at 11:49 am

or call JJ’s or Domino’s after blazin’. they’ll get the gestapopo after you.