Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Founded October 1, 2010


Mason City man hit by train in Ames



This news story was published on February 12, 2018.
Advertise on NIT Subscribe to NIT

AMES – A Mason City man was struck by a train in Ames and was airlifted to a Des Moines hospital.

Ames, Iowa police say that at approximately 8:00 PM on Saturday, February 10, officers from the Ames Police Department responded to a call of a person struck by a train at the South Duff Avenue railroad crossing. When officers arrived, they found a male lying on the south side of the railroad tracks suffering from life-threatening injuries.

The man was identified as Joe Anthony Zavala, age 54, of Mason City, IA.

Zavala was transported to the Ames Airport by Mary Greeley Medical Center and transferred to life flight. He was then transported to a Des Moines hospital. While the investigation into this incident continues, it does appear to be an accident.

The department has no update on his condition.

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 characters available

8 Responses to Mason City man hit by train in Ames

  1. Anonymous Reply Report comment

    February 13, 2018 at 9:36 am

    Ames sucks.

  2. Anonymous Reply Report comment

    February 13, 2018 at 3:13 am

    Riding the rails is dangerous especially during winter. Let’s hope this fellow makes a full recovery. Gone are the days of hobos, tramps, and bums in Iowa. Grandma use to say that they showed up at the back door asking for food. Grandpa would put them to work on the farm. They slept on the front porch at night and ate at dinner table with the family. An nary a child was harmed. The world has turned into a hell hole with no piety. And if you think the wealthy 1% are following the good book you would be mistaken.

    • Anonymous Reply Report comment

      February 13, 2018 at 10:04 am

      The wealthy 1% are no better or no worse than the other 99%

      • Anonymous Reply Report comment

        February 13, 2018 at 2:46 pm

        More like 99% are duped and 1% enlightened. The wealthy 1% are of the 99% just have more privilege.

      • Anonymous Reply Report comment

        February 13, 2018 at 2:58 pm

        Wide is the way that leads to destruction. There will be many who follow it. Timeless wisdom on Fat Tuesday.

        • Anonymous Reply Report comment

          February 14, 2018 at 8:02 am

          You better lay off the weed.

          • Anonymous

            February 14, 2018 at 8:25 am

            Don’t do pot, pills, or powders. There bad for you. Lent has begun. That’s good for you. And you can believe what you want. Happy Valentine’s Day! lol