Breakthrough Web Design - 641-201-1459 - Build Your Online Presence
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the North Iowa Region
• Founded 2010

Air Jordans cause disturbance at Southbridge Mall

This news story was published on March 19, 2013.

Air Jordan Retro 13's

Air Jordan Retro 13’s

MASON CITY – LeBron James might be all the talk in the basketball world these days, but the former king of the basketball world, Michael Jordan, apparently hasn’t lost much popularity in Mason City.

According to a report, there was a disturbance at Southbridge Mall on Saturday morning, just minutes after the mall opened, involving “a large group of people” arguing over “the new Jordan shoes at Finish Line” sports store.

Officers said everything was fine when they got to the Finish Line.

A Finish Line employee, Tanikwa, said Tuesday morning that “nothing really happened” and that people were causing a fuss over “the Jordan Retro 13’s.”

Tanikwa referred all questions to the Finish Line Corporate Office when told NIT was calling, and then hung up instantly when a second call was made a few minutes later.

6 Responses to Air Jordans cause disturbance at Southbridge Mall

aonymous Reply Report comment

March 19, 2013 at 7:57 pm

oh those dang welfare folk. always thinkin they should wear somethin nice like other folk wear. don’t they know there’s plenty of worn out stinky ones at the goodwill they could pilfer.

Matt Reply Report comment

March 20, 2013 at 6:25 am

I got you pegged as one of them….GET A JOB.

aonymous Reply Report comment

March 20, 2013 at 9:11 am

wrong. I’ve worked more years than you’re probably old. I just get tired of the slams on welfare people on every subject. I know some very nice people on welfare. Not everyone on welfare is lazy. It’s hard enough having low self esteem without being dogged for it.I have you pegged too.

My Real Name Reply Report comment

March 20, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I don’t have a problem with people on welfare for the short term. But what bothers me is I see some people on welfare and food stamps with expensive phones, tattoos, wearing expensive clothes and shoes, and some of them smoking cigarettes. I get tired of paying for that lifestyle.

seriously? Reply Report comment

March 19, 2013 at 6:55 pm

You don’t understand, sporting the “right” shoes can get you noticed by the ladies! You get your friends jealous and your chicks for free. High school is a funny place.

wonder Reply Report comment

March 19, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Expensive shoes. Probably welfare folk after them. Glad to pay for that.