Founded in 2010

News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Overloaded electrical outlet burns Mason City house Sunday morning

At 8:24 am Sunday morning, a fire was reported at 405 21st St SE in Mason City. MCPD was on the scene immediately. Video included.|At 8:24 am, a fire was reported at 405 21st St SE. Upon arrival smoke was coming out of the upstairs window. On renter said it was an electrical fire caused by an overloaded surge strip.

Four adults, three dogs and two cats called this house a home.

A man and wife that occupied the upstairs, the owner and another renter were downstairs having coffee when they smelled smoke. They looked up the stairs and saw flames shooting everywhere. The husband attempted to use a garden hose to extinquish the fire, with no luck. He did get some smoke inhilation, but didn’t receive any medical treatment as of yet.

At 8:59, they were waiting for the fire marshall to show up to give the okay to go in. All adults and dogs were accounted for. The two cats, a momma and a kitten were still missing.


Watch video:

|

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Even more news:

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthroughWebDesign.com

Copyright 2022 – Internet Marketing Pros. of Iowa, Inc.
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x