MASON CITY – A dryer fire at a Mason City house prompted evacuation of the resident and a fire department response.
The Mason City fire department reports that on September 25, 2023, at approximately 12:56 PM, the Mason City Fire Department was dispatched for a dryer fire at 116 Meadow Lane. Fire crews arrived and found the resident outside and smoke coming from the house. Firefighters made quick access to the dryer in the basement and extinguished the fire. The dryer was removed to outside the house. The fire was contained to the dryer with smoke and water damage to the room.
The fire started in the dryer and was accidental in nature.
Emergency crews cleared the scene at approximately 2:09 PM.
The house is owned by Sandra King.
Fire crews were assisted by Cerro Gordo Emergency Management and Alliant Energy. No injuries were reported.