Opinion: Advice for Tom Thoma campaign

This news story was published on July 30, 2017.

I read Tom Thoma’s letter in today’s Globe- Gazette. I have known Tom for decades and know him to be a decent human being.

I have a suggestion for Tom; look back to the election in which Andy O’Brien ran for Alex Kuhn’s seat at the table. Andy hooked his campaign onto Bookmeyer’s wagon and he got his hat handed to him by this community.
Bookmeyer is highly toxic in this city, he’s infectious like a virus on steroids and there is no antitoxin, no antidote that will cure it, no needle to inject a cure … Tom just doesn’t know what he doesn’t know!

Does that sound familiar?

Peter Children
Mason City, Iowa

Send your letter to the editor to NorthIowaToday@gmail.com
NOTE: The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are not necessarily those of NorthIowaToday.com.

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

25 Responses to Opinion: Advice for Tom Thoma campaign

1. Peter Children Reply Report comment

July 31, 2017 at 7:31 pm

Well schmuck….what do you think of the comments now?

July 31, 2017 at 3:36 pm

We (the liberal retards) are more manure than you Trumpsters -as in conserve the constitution.

July 31, 2017 at 5:53 pm

“more manure”

Look, I am a liberal as well but you picked a bad choice for a spelling error. 🙂
      That’s some funny shit (pun intended).

• Watchdog Reply Report comment

July 31, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Anon 2 didn’t get it. He was saying liberals are more full of shit than Trumpsters. Spot on.

Smear is the name of the game.

July 31, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Watchdog
        July 27, 2017 at 1:13 pm
        “Scouts shouldn’t lie! Turn in your badge.
        President Trump IS trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.”

After that comment there little doggie, no one is as full of as much shit as you are.
        You have even managed to exceed the ignorance level of the stupid old coot and that takes one hell a of alot of idiocy.

• Bill Reply Report comment

July 31, 2017 at 11:07 pm

Exactly, what very little credibility watchdog had went out the window with that comment.
          He’s not a watchdog, he’s just a lapdog, a good little Trump lapdog.
          Just sit up & beg, roll over, fetch and lick your masters face like a lapdog should.
          Feed me, scratch my belly and I’m yours.
          Pathetic.

• Animal House

August 1, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Watchdog is nothing more than a puppy who squats when she pees. Puppydog then runs and hides from the mess she makes. No longer a whoof but a pathetic whiney whimper.

• 35 And Conservative Reply Report comment

August 1, 2017 at 5:58 am

This is how a typical liberal hater/loser comments when they know they can’t win the debate. Watchdog is correct when he refers to Trump a good man with great character. Trump is the first President we have in recent past that wants to save America.

Anon is actually stupid and we all know stupidity is fatal!

• Anonymous

August 1, 2017 at 8:25 am

35 and a dumbass

July 31, 2017 at 1:57 pm

As reported on Infro wars today – formerblower whistle employee at Pilrgrim chicken farm said that farm corporation actually soaked the processed chickens in chlorine to remove smell and fecal matter on the skin before the hit the supermarkets,

July 31, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Also reported that lizard people are on the rise.

July 31, 2017 at 11:18 am

Lean and mean and toxic. Oh well! I can always go fishing and eat a big catfish out of 1 our 750 Iowa polluted waterways.

July 31, 2017 at 9:05 am

5000 HOGS OKAY? They poop 2 1/2 times per human so that’s a city of 12,000 poops per day per farm draining into your karst (thin top soil) and going into your future water supply ?

6. Disgusted MC Resident Reply Report comment

July 31, 2017 at 8:24 am

I side with Peter on the bad bad meat being produced today. We have taken to buying our meat from “organic” producers locally. Chicken, beef, and pork.

Toma? I suspect Toma will vote for the Ice Arena to nowhere. He has had a long career working for the “Chicken Dinner News”. Our local newspaper has lied and smeared candidates for decades.

I am pretty sure Toma will bring his silver tongue of BS to City Hall.

Surprise me Mr. Toma! Prove me wrong.

7. Peter Children Reply Report comment

July 31, 2017 at 7:49 am

I didn’t introduce it. But I am not running away from it

8. Just the facts Reply Report comment

July 31, 2017 at 4:31 am

I hope Pete didn’t have any children!!

July 31, 2017 at 3:23 am

whats all these comments got to do with tom thoma’s election campaign???

10. Peter Children Reply Report comment

July 30, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Anybody eating pork today is out of their mind. The Ag business to day is get them into the meat case asap. For a chicken it’s 6 weeks and the skin on a chicken is no longer yellow, it’s near white from fast growth additives. These factory farms ought to be arrested for injuring the public.

11. Peter Children Reply Report comment

July 30, 2017 at 1:19 pm

I meant to say when Iowa was populated with family farms

12. Peter Children Reply Report comment

July 30, 2017 at 1:17 pm

No I am not thst guy. I am against large confinement pens with 5000 or more hogs which will invariably pollute our groundwater. I rarely eat pork anymore due to the large infusion of steroids injected into these animals to promote fast growth this is a cancer-causing agent.

When I was populated with small family farms that raise hogs and did not use fast growth chemicals, the meat tasted much better.

July 30, 2017 at 9:19 pm

please don’t try to push your opinion or agenda onto others using fictitious facts and the fear factor approach. We the public could care less about your opinion or stance on this. We are more mature than you are.

July 30, 2017 at 9:23 pm

yeah, the meat tastes different today because of the leanest of the pork versus many years ago when it contained more fat. Just compare the bacon fat today with years ago . You are very ignorant (or narrow minded). Maybe you should read a few ag magazine websites and get yourself updated on what is actually going on instead of continually spinning the outdated info to create fear.

• Disgusted MC Resident Reply Report comment

July 31, 2017 at 8:22 am

I am pretty sure Toma will bring his silver tongue of BS to City Hall.

Surprise me Mr. Toma! Prove me wrong.

July 31, 2017 at 10:01 am

There are more steroids in a head of lettuce than a entire side of beef.

July 30, 2017 at 11:38 am

Are you the same guy that said my can of drano polluted 750+ Iowa waterways and not the Iowa hog farm boys ?