Founded in 2010

News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Sex-crazed Colorado man travels to Iowa to meet teen; is caught, tried and sentenced to prison

SIOUX CITY – A man who traveled from Aurora, Colorado to Storm Lake, Iowa, intending to engage in sexual activity with a person he believed to be a 15 year-old girl, was sentenced April 3, 2013, to 18 months in federal prison.

Mark Clay, 51, from Aurora, Colorado, received the prison term after a January 7, 2013, guilty plea to Travel With Intent to Engage in Illicit Sexual Conduct.

At the guilty plea, Clay admitted traveling from Aurora, Colorado to Storm Lake to meet a purported 15 year-old for illicit sexual conduct.

Clay was sentenced in Sioux City by United States District Court Judge Mark W. Bennett. Clay was sentenced to 18 months’ imprisonment. A special assessment of $100 was imposed. He must also serve a 5-year term of supervised release after the prison term. There is no parole in the federal system.

Clay is being held in the United States Marshal’s custody until he can be transported to a federal prison.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Timothy T. Duax and investigated by the Storm Lake Police Department, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

99% of all men are sex crazed pedos. The other 1% are liars.

Happy Guy got caught.

Ooh, a special assessment of $100 was imposed. Take that!

We need more sex sting operations.

Even more news:

Copyright 2024 – Internet Marketing Pros. of Iowa, Inc.
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x