Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Founded October 1, 2010


Iowa family displaced after Tuesday morning fire house fire



This news story was published on February 3, 2021.
Advertise on NIT Subscribe to NIT

CRESCO, IOWA – An Iowa family was displaced after a Tuesday morning fire house fire.

The Cresco Fire Department was paged to a house fire at 9094 Yankee Avenue at
4:30 AM February 2, 2021. An adult male was awoken by a smoke detector in the home and was able to get himself and three children out safely as the home was rapidly filling with toxic smoke. Once outside, the adult was able to call 911 for assistance. Cresco fire responded to find an active basement fire. Entry was made by firefighters to find the seat of the fire while another crew entered the upper levels to ensure there was no fire extension. Extinguishment was achieved and overhaul completed.

As a result of the fire, the home suffered moderate fire damage in the basement and very heavy heat and smoke damage throughout the remainder of the home. However, the family has been displaced from their residence.

Cresco Fire was assisted by the Howard County Sheriff Department, Regional Health Ambulance and Cresco Fire Dispatch.

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 characters available