UPDATE: Senator Charles Grassley infected with COVID-19

This news story was published on November 17, 2020.

Charles Grassley

WASHINGTON — Senator Charles Grassley of Iowa has been infected with COVID-19, he announced, and the 87-year-old is now in quarantine.

U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley today issued the following statement regarding exposure to COVID-19:

“I learned today that I’ve been exposed to the coronavirus. I will follow my doctors’ orders and immediately quarantine as I await my test results. I’m feeling well and not currently experiencing any symptoms, but it’s important we all follow public health guidelines to keep each other healthy.”

Later Wednesday, Grassley announced he was infected, saying, “I’ve tested positive for coronavirus. I’ll b following my doctors’ orders/CDC guidelines & continue to quarantine. I’m feeling good + will keep up on my work for the ppl of Iowa from home. I appreciate everyone’s well wishes + prayers &look fwd to resuming my normal schedule soon.”

21 Responses to UPDATE: Senator Charles Grassley infected with COVID-19

November 19, 2020 at 5:03 pm

I hope Trump is giving his yes men the same medicine he got.

November 19, 2020 at 7:31 am

The socialistic haters are really enjoying this!

ttocs Reply Report comment

November 18, 2020 at 10:02 pm

It’s going to be a very very long time until another senator from Iowa has Grassley’s clout!

November 19, 2020 at 9:44 am

i’m giving it 10 days. chuck may be old but he is going strong. with our prayers he will get through this!!!

November 18, 2020 at 7:38 pm

WHY is this ancient old cuss still in DC? Way past time for term limits in the US Congress.

November 18, 2020 at 9:06 am

Poetic justice. Serves him right for enabling Trump to destroy so many Iowa jobs. He chose the imposter Trump over his own constituency, participated in downplaying the virus risk, and now karma is coming back to bite him.

November 18, 2020 at 9:20 am

Agreed!!!!!!!!

November 19, 2020 at 10:50 pm

Crazy sheep. Iowa has more job openings than it does willing and able people. What we lack is ambition, and gave an abundance of excuses.

November 17, 2020 at 11:50 pm

I hope a lot more congressmen and senators get it too. Be pay back for them to not have pulled the Govs head out of tRumps ass long enough to make her do something about the covid.

November 18, 2020 at 7:50 am

With any luck at all you will catch it and have a very long illness followed by a 2nd infection.

November 18, 2020 at 8:33 am

That’s a terrible thing to say!

November 18, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Haha. Now the governor is responsible for everyone in her states actions? It’s the people, not the politicians, who are spreading it. If it were anyone besides the people to blame, it would be the devil worshiping Democrats.

November 18, 2020 at 3:25 pm

Did you see in minnesota their were several Republican representatives who had it and they had a big meeting with the democrats. guess who ‘forgot’ to tell the others of their infections? Here’s a hint cuz I know you are very smart. It wasn’t the democrats.

November 18, 2020 at 4:27 pm

You’re leaving out some pretty important information. Are you unaware of this additional information or are you purposely omitting this information to make your political adversaries look bad???