Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the North Iowa Region

Senator Amanda Ragan preparing list of “constituent priorities”

This news story was published on November 28, 2018.

Amanda Ragan

The following is a legislative update from State Senator Amanda Ragan, representing Franklin, Butler and Cerro Gordo counties:

What are your top 3 priorities for 2019?

As another year comes to a close, I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve as your State Senator. Your input makes every decision at the Statehouse a team effort. Working together, we’re keeping the needs of Butler, Franklin and Cerro Gordo counties at the forefront.

Over the years, I’ve worked with Republicans and Democrats to get back to the basics. By focusing on our shared values—including better-paying jobs, a great education and affordable health care—we can improve Iowans’ everyday lives and create more opportunities for each of us to get ahead.

With the 2019 legislative session coming up, I am preparing a list of constituent priorities. What are the top three issues you think the Legislature should work on in the coming year?

Please e-mail me at amanda.ragan@legis.iowa.gov with your ideas so that I can continue to represent your interests when I return to Des Moines on January 14.
Wishing you all a happy holiday season!

To contact Senator Ragan when the Legislature is in session, call the Senate Switchboard at 515-281-3371. Otherwise she can be reached at 641-424-0874. E-mail her at amanda.ragan@legis.iowa.gov.

9 Responses to Senator Amanda Ragan preparing list of “constituent priorities”

Had it with Taxes Reply Report comment

November 29, 2018 at 9:17 pm

Amanda, your priority should be serving us that pays your salary. You damn near lost, on count of all your welfare BS. If we could of had a 1/2 way decent canidate, you would of got beat and beat real good.

Stop fighting on Medicaid show respect for us that pays you.

You need to vote to cut our taxes and stop cow towing to the teachers public employe unions, they are trouble, they cost us big money.

Do you understand.

November 29, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Constituent wish list !!

1. Cut my damn taxes
    2. Quit wasting money

sad but true Reply Report comment

November 28, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Dear Mrs Ragan. Over my many years of working 40 plus, I have come to realize that I can spend MY money better for the things MY family needs. Please keep your wish list for your voters short, I can only pay for so many. I know I am very greedy for thinking the money I worked for should go to my family first. I don’t think like you

November 28, 2018 at 3:28 pm

Do you think that she will read this? If not, amanda.ragan@legis.iowa.gov.

November 28, 2018 at 4:38 pm

Much of what you should be thankful for was paid via tax dollars. Would you like to see all government services gone? I don’t think you would like it very much.

November 28, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Agreed. I am grateful for the public education my children received, and the lower tuition at a state university compared to a private one. I am grateful for the police and fire departments and the service they provide to me.

November 29, 2018 at 11:48 am

I have no kids and am sick of paying for everyone’s brats for school. Parents want kids they pay for schooling not the whole world. I am 52 and have owned land for 30 yrs so I payed all that time for someone’s worthless brats to attend school along with overpaid teachers jobs. Yet our vets go hungry and stupid lawmakers get rich.

Anonymous

November 29, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Thank god you have no kids. We certainly don’t need clones of you running around. Too many out there allready

Anonymous

November 29, 2018 at 3:27 pm

There are a lot more of him than there are of you. Thank God.