Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Founded October 1, 2010


Poorly-placed cigarette causes van to burn in Clear Lake Saturday morning



This news story was published on November 3, 2018.
Advertise on NIT Subscribe to NIT

CLEAR LAKE – A poorly-placed cigarette caused a van to burn in Clear Lake Saturday morning.

The Clear Lake Fire Department was dispatched to 801 Maple Lane for a report of a vehicle fire, on Saturday, November 3, 2018 at approximately 3:27 AM. The Clear Lake Fire Department responded with 2 Engine Companies and 1 Ambulance with 10 firefighters and 2 Medics. The Clear Lake Police Department was the first on scene and confirmed it was a fully involved vehicle fire in the drive way close to the house.

Once firefighters arrived on scene, they were able to knock down the fire very quickly, keeping it from spreading to the nearby house.

No one was injured and the vehicle, a 2000 Toyota Sienna Van owned by Kristine Olson of Clear Lake, was a total loss.

The fire appears to of been started in the cabin of the vehicle by an improperly-discarded cigarette.

Clear Lake Fire Department was assisted on scene by the Clear Lake Police Department.

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 characters available

3 Responses to Poorly-placed cigarette causes van to burn in Clear Lake Saturday morning

  1. P Reply Report comment

    November 4, 2018 at 7:51 am

    What it wuz dwag a van or a car. It prolly a blunt gone stray an dude dent no it till his ride went toast. It all phocked up now. wurd.

  2. Anonymous Reply Report comment

    November 3, 2018 at 9:20 pm

    Aaaaaah, the high cost of smoking.

  3. Jim Rasmussen Reply Report comment

    November 3, 2018 at 6:43 pm

    “… *have* been started” not “of been started”.